Where is Reason going ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bxbrkrz

05 Mar 2021

tronam wrote:
05 Mar 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Mar 2021
When I don't like an app anymore I nuke it from my system, and I delete any links related to it from my bookmarks. Then I move on. Not doing this would make me feel like a creepy person checking on an old girlfriend's facebook page at 3 AM. Every night.

Let it go :lightbulb: :thumbs_up:
I still love Reason and continue to regularly upgrade. I just run it as a rack in other DAWs these days and there has been no downside to this for me. I actually use it far more often now, so when it comes to application engagement R11 has been a major Reason Studios win when it comes to users like me.
I only use Reason as a DAW, but the VST rack was a major smart business move.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

integerpoet

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
04 Mar 2021
And I also want them to further develop pitch edit to incorporate something like VocAlign.
Virtual choir engineer in da house! :-)

integerpoet

06 Mar 2021

tronam wrote:
05 Mar 2021
It will take a lot for me to switch back now because of so many common missing features I’ve grown accustomed to…
What are the top 5 features absent from Reason-the-DAW? I am both curious and ignorant.

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Is Reason going nowhere because lots of people, some of them who never used Reason before, are using R+ inside their favorite DAW right now?

When I don't like an app anymore I nuke it from my system, and I delete any links related to it from my bookmarks. Then I move on. Not doing this would make me feel like a creepy person checking on an old girlfriend's facebook page at 3 AM. Every night.

ah, the software equivalent to that evergreen classic, "if you don't like the way [home country] is, just shut up and leave" argument. I love Reason. I'd bet nearly everyone vocal about RS' recent decisions does too. but it has weaknesses. we'd like for that to not be the case. we make our voices heard so everyone—including those who don't have such gripes—can enjoy better software, the next time they release something—if RS listens.

you're free to ignore such discussion, but rather than following your own advice and letting it go, decide to mingle amongst us in our creepy little corner of the site—a bold choice! :clap:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Oper-8

06 Mar 2021

plesio wrote:
04 Mar 2021
The great attractor in this forum seems to be: "How ignorant, incompetent, short-sighted and whatever is that company called Reason Studios?"

This is more than ridiculous.

If you don´t want to support a company then don´t BUY, USE or UPDATE their products.

It is that simple. Save the money for something different.
But be sure there are people who see this differently.
Yeah, "there are people who see this differently" - so why not just let angry people rant ?

Why do you think we would come here pointing out features that are still missing, if we were NOT supporting the company ? I jumped on the train when version 5 came out. I never missed an update, although I was bitter at each update, and I asked for things on the PUF, and that was already extremely annoying not to have any reply from the Props. I've never seen anyone from the team telling us, "OK guys, we're listening to you". Take a company like Novation. They do improve the firmware on their products, AND they do listen to their customers. Why are Reason Studios still unable to do the same ? Is it really that difficult ?

So why am I still ranting in 2021 ? Simply because I can't work with anything else than Reason. Audacity is really the only one tool I use for sound or music, but that's all. I've been working with Reason since version 5. Do you really believe it's as simple as "don't buy, don't use, don't update" ?
And also because Reason is just unique. I don't know any other DAW that has the same ease of use (because I do think literally any beginner can use Reason instantly AND then flip the rack if they want to explore - that's Reason's main superpower, really), instant results, crazy FX routing... Sure, they added many GREAT features over the years. Blocks (I hated them at the beginning, but I just couldn't live without them now), audio craziness (time stretch, pitch-shifting, Pitch edit, Bounce in place, Audio to MIDI...). As many fellow users, I don't regret any single dime I spent on upgrades.
BUT I'm still ranting anyway, precisely because I have a feeling that the company I love (because I effin' love them and their damn product !) is going the wrong way, since a couple of years already. And I just don't understand that. And since they never communicate about anything (apart from colorful promos and over-excited Ryan spitting superlatives), well, it doesn't match the greatness they used to have. And it's sad. And it makes me angry. And when you desperately try to communicate with them but they shut the door to veterans for good, leaving only newcomers enter, then you just feel betrayed. I do feel betrayed, and cheated on. But be sure I'll upgrade to version 12 anyway because I do firmly love Reason.

Now, as for your other precious advice, "save the money for something different". So when you want to use a product, you simply need to buy it ? Nope, mate - unless you're a super genius, you have to adapt to your new tool, learn how it works, learn the shortcuts... And it takes time. And I just don't have the time to learn a whole new software, new workflow habits, new shortcuts, etc.

So yeah, to y'all super geniuses who can adapt lightning fast to any DAW, then congrats. Please have a party with your fellow geniuses inside a warehouse and let us rant here. Thanks.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

antic604

06 Mar 2021

Where? Towards a DAW-less future:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7522170
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

moneykube

06 Mar 2021

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 2.29.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 2.29.54 AM.png (95.52 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
towards stuff that they break and no longer works like it did... thanks for wrecking my favourite daw... :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
friging joke.... I don't need to update... I need it to work as it did ! Man
don't have to upgrade or buy anymore crap... is that some sort of joke... I paid thousands for something that no longer works as it did...fix your f%^%king crap servers and let us authorize as we did ... WOW.... RS dropped the ball ... RIP
plesio wrote:
04 Mar 2021
The great attractor in this forum seems to be: "How ignorant, incompetent, short-sighted and whatever is that company called Reason Studios?"

This is more than ridiculous.

If you don´t want to support a company then don´t BUY, USE or UPDATE their products.

It is that simple. Save the money for something different.
But be sure there are people who see this differently.
taking to who ????? are u daft? are u an RS promotion troll? talk to the hand :clap:
this latest attempt at new users broke reason 11 and 10 ... come on now
Last edited by moneykube on 06 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

06 Mar 2021

fix this and answer support tickets ! unbelievable incompetence for the goal of new users... sad
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 2.49.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 2.49.30 AM.png (207.35 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
f$%k new features... make your software work as it did !
fed up with RS and those that defend this BS
every time I try to work ... licence licence licence... get it together !
how about payment for lost time and work !!!!!
pathetic>>>> I've done nothing different yet your crap won't work properly !
time for a moderator to unlock a thread he felt was solved !!!! the angry one that can't read !
was told closed until it happens again.... well it has... as always ... learn to read correctly ... k?
what's your take btw? and yes you said PM.... well I tried that crap and you still couldn't read..." I don't want drama" :lol:
"we all have strong opinions".... yep... some are reasonable... some are straight BS.... perhaps you could choose reasonable instead of defending incompetence. Your call for removal was a breath of fresh air.. You do not see clearly... this is clear. Not a named called( ohhhh but I wanted to badly)... I am compliant with your rules.... follow them yourself please! Likely you can't read this right either... You are batting 4 times you could not read what I wrote... I won't count other forum users you did this to... you GIVE a flippant reply as is your warming way...you think you are following rules while u arbitrarily close threads that u can't understand, while deleting relevant posts because you can... while insulting many... :clap: Well done :lol: :lol:>>$$$$$ >>>Power is corrupting..... No?????? or.....
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

bxbrkrz

06 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Is Reason going nowhere because lots of people, some of them who never used Reason before, are using R+ inside their favorite DAW right now?

ah, the software equivalent to that evergreen classic, "if you don't like the way [home country] is, just shut up and leave" argument. I love Reason. I'd bet nearly everyone vocal about RS' recent decisions does too. but it has weaknesses. we'd like for that to not be the case. we make our voices heard so everyone—including those who don't have such gripes—can enjoy better software, the next time they release something—if RS listens.

you're free to ignore such discussion, but rather than following your own advice and letting it go, decide to mingle amongst us in our creepy little corner of the site—a bold choice! :clap:
I don't know any evergreen people. I don't use facebook at 3 Am..
From a business point, turning Reason into a rack was a very smart move for them. Old Reason users. New Reason users. That move, turning Reason into a VST had zero impact on my workflow. I decided to skip 11, until I got Suite.
You have people who want to see Reason grow, and you have some people who want to see RS fail. Some have been waiting for decades.
Usually they are very, very quiet. No posts on RT for months. They only come back when some kind of (in their mind) new 'Reason Controversy' arises.
Not everyone on RT loves Reason.

You are not part of that club. I know you personally love Reason. I can see it almost everyday :clap: . :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
06 Mar 2021
guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021

From a business point, turning Reason into a rack was a very smart move for them. Old Reason users. New Reason users. That move, turning Reason into a VST had zero impact on my workflow. I decided to skip 11, until I got Suite.
You have people who want to see Reason grow, and you have some people who want to see RS fail. Some have been waiting for decades.
Usually they are very, very quiet. No posts on RT for months. They only come back when some kind of (in their mind) new 'Reason Controversy' arises.

You are not part of that club. I know you personally love Reason. I can see it almost everyday :clap: . :puf_smile:
that’s fair. I used to be part of the “why is everyone so complainy about Reason—it just needs a few more things” club. I didn’t get the cynicism and negative views (and in some cases I still don’t). but I’ve come to realize the value in being vocal about what we’re unhappy about.

but you’re right, there are definitely doomsayers, who just want RS to fail, and lurk around waiting for the moment they can post an “I told you so”. they don’t add much of value.

then there are those at the other end, who go out of their way to make justifications for the bizarre choices RS sometimes makes. they don’t add much of value either.

shouldn’t have lumped you into that. guess I was just up at almost 3 AM and took my not being able to sleep out on you. at least it wasn’t about an ex. 😅 anyhoo, my bad.

bxbrkrz

06 Mar 2021

guitfnky wrote:
06 Mar 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
06 Mar 2021

that’s fair. I used to be part of the “why is everyone so complainy about Reason—it just needs a few more things” club. I didn’t get the cynicism and negative views (and in some cases I still don’t). but I’ve come to realize the value in being vocal about what we’re unhappy about.

but you’re right, there are definitely doomsayers, who just want RS to fail, and lurk around waiting for the moment they can post an “I told you so”. they don’t add much of value.

then there are those at the other end, who go out of their way to make justifications for the bizarre choices RS sometimes makes. they don’t add much of value either.

shouldn’t have lumped you into that. guess I was just up at almost 3 AM and took my not being able to sleep out on you. at least it wasn’t about an ex. 😅 anyhoo, my bad.

You can lump me in anything you want. It's fine :puf_smile:

kuhliloach

06 Mar 2021

something is bugging me. A new user pays $20 and gets access to all - yet veteran users who have paid hundreds or thousands on the platform get nothing? pretty sure RS didn't really think this through

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2021
something is bugging me. A new user pays $20 and gets access to all - yet veteran users who have paid hundreds or thousands on the platform get nothing? pretty sure RS didn't really think this through
The $20 is a monthly cost. It's a subscription.

Others who complain that the subscription isn't for them, say that they prefer to buy perpetual licenses and keep the software. And they have the option to stay on the perpetual license path. Which do you prefer? The perpetual license options for both Reason and REs remain in place and prices have not changed.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2021
And the moment they stop paying they don't get to keep using the devices. it's a trap, don't let it bug you.

kuhliloach

06 Mar 2021

aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2021
kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2021
And the moment they stop paying they don't get to keep using the devices. it's a trap, don't let it bug you.
Oh great! You mean they can work hard on their music and then a month later it won't even load? Wonderful.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
06 Mar 2021
aeox wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Oh great! You mean they can work hard on their music and then a month later it won't even load? Wonderful.
Well they cancel if they want to stop using it...they start the subscription again when they do want to use it. It works like a subscription because it is a subscription :)

It works well for those who are new to Reason or who aren't making music all of the time. So Someone could subscribe for March and write music, cancel for April when they don't have the time for music, and then start back up May to continue making music.

I feel like you're just trying to be upset about something, but you're not sure what lol

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

lol when is this going to end......

If someone wants to use RRP in a project that lasts a month spending £€$20 is an awesome deal, their not locked in to ownership, they can cancel when their done with minimal investment.

The only thing I disagree with is the way us fully paid up license holders have been excluded from the content packs, I've invested loads into the product and they could have given access to them it might have incentives me into buying Algorithm for full price just so I could continue to use the extra content.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021
lol when is this going to end......

If someone wants to use RRP in a project that lasts a month spending £€$20 is an awesome deal, their not locked in to ownership, they can cancel when their done with minimal investment.

The only thing I disagree with is the way us fully paid up license holders have been excluded from the content packs, I've invested loads into the product and they could have given access to them it might have incentives me into buying Algorithm for full price just so I could continue to use the extra content.
Nobody is excluded though. Everybody can try Reason+ free for 30 days. Anybody can subscribe. Existing owners of Reason get a 50% discount on a year subscription.

If you are interested in Algoritm by itself, you can try it free for 30 days. If you are interested in Algoritm and the sound packs, you can try Reason+ free for 30 days and get access to Algoritm. I personally would do the latter if you haven't used your Reason+ trial yet.

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

Joey I don't know how many times we are going to do this.

I'm excluded, 30 days access is not acceptable access to me, I accept your notion but it's wrong.

For me the content packs are a fun little extra, Reason should be the incentive for subscribers to continue with their subscription, and making Reason better should be the focus of RS efforts to secure them.

kuhliloach

06 Mar 2021

When Adobe ruined everything I didn't complain much; I just bought Affinity Photo and got on with my life. That's because I never invested much into the Adobe platform. When it finally came time for me to buy Photoshop and After Effects the programs were no longer being sold. The end result is simply I no longer use any Adobe products. This is the direction RS wants to go, but I don't understand why. I'm not upset any more about the Reason platform dying because Ableton and Logic have come to the rescue. The outstanding issue is that I have invested into this platform and as a result I have an interest in seeing Reason have a bright future, not the current sludge.

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021

I'm excluded, 30 days access is not acceptable access to me, I accept your notion but it's wrong.

For me the content packs are a fun little extra, Reason should be the incentive for subscribers to continue with their subscription, and making Reason better should be the focus of RS efforts to secure them.
I think you forget that Reason Studios is paying these designers upfront. The program didn't exist before because Reason+ didn't exist before. Many of these designers who were struggling in the ReFill market have new life because of Reason+ Support the designers :-) Get a ton of the packs for free and continue paying if you like it. Maybe they'll introduce tiers at some point?

Have you tried Algoritm yet? There's over 250 presets included.

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021

I think you forget that Reason Studios is paying these designers upfront. The program didn't exist before because Reason+ didn't exist before. Many of these designers who were struggling in the ReFill market have new life because of Reason+ Support the designers :-) Get a ton of the packs for free and continue paying if you like it. Maybe they'll introduce tiers at some point?

And I think you are forgetting that I'm paying up front in full and have done for years.

With getting bogged down in actual figures look at it like this.

Let's say I've brought
Reason 11 suite
Friktion
Mutator
Algorithm

Why should I be asked then to pay another £€$20 for the content packs?

joeyluck

06 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021
joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021

And I think you are forgetting that I'm paying up front in full and have done for years.

Let's say I've brought
Reason 11 suite
Friktion
Mutator
Algorithm

Because they are a separate product?

Do you have this same view when it comes to ReFills?

guitfnky

06 Mar 2021

yeah, I actually agree that there shouldn’t be an expectation that perpetual license users with lots of paid devices should get sound packs for free. it really is a separate product—and yeah, it’s behind a paywall, BUT there’s an important thing missing. you only have to pay for ONE month of R+ to get ALL of the content to that point, then it’s yours to keep forever. sort of like getting to buy every Refill in the Shop for $20. then if more stuff is added later that you want, pay another $20, and you get all that too.

if I had much interest in Refills or curated sounds, that would be a damn good model for me. for as much as I complain about the R+ rollout, there are definitely still some really good aspects to it.

Billy+

06 Mar 2021

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Let's say I've brought
Reason 11 suite
Friktion
Mutator
Algorithm

Because they are a separate product?

Do you have this same view when it comes to ReFills?
Content packs and refill are two completely different things.

I get that you see thing your way and I see it very differently and that we definitely won't be agreeing on this anytime soon, but you keep saying I could try it really misses my point and is disingenuous to my perspective over this.

I'm fairly certain that had RS given companion access including its content packs to everyone then the notion of a subscription service would have passed with minimal fuss just like the RE subscriptions from 2017.

• Information