Streaming with Reason and OBS

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Vlokens

26 Feb 2021

I’m trying to stream with reason to add some reverb, but OBS receives only the sounds coming from the sound card (focusrite scarlett 2i2), and desktop audio. I thought the sounds from Reason would be desktop audio as well... I hear the reverb in the headset, but OBS doesn’t receive any sound from Reason... is there anyway to make OBS received the sounds processed by Reason?

adfielding

27 Feb 2021

I'm assuming you're using Windows? If not, this probably won't be of much help.

There's a plugin called obs-asio which makes things a lot easier. It allows you to specify one your ASIO inputs as a sound source for OBS. You can grab it here:
https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio

What I tend to do is select a loopback input as my sound source using obs-asio. This gives you a nice low-latency input channel in OBS and you can specify what gets sent to the loopback channel. Alas - I'm using a 4i4 though, I don't think the 2i2 supports loopback audio? If not, you might be able to get around this by physically hooking up your 2i2 outputs to the inputs which, while not being ideal, would get the job done.

Vlokens

02 Mar 2021

I’ve installed the ASIO plugin, so now I can add a ASIO input, but I still can’t find reason audio nowhere in OBS...

LongFist

02 Mar 2021

Here are some Tutorials to help you get things working:

If you're using VoiceMeeter:

And if you'd rather use the Audio Monitor Plugin in OBS:

One of these should get you up and running. I'd suggest the Audio Monitor Plugin chiefly because it's internal to OBS, and it has the added advantage/feature of being free. You can still use VoiceMeeter Wires if you've a mind to - but you really don't need VoiceMeeter any longer.

Good luck!!!
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

• Information