Reason Intro Discontinued...?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Lempface

25 Feb 2021

Sorry I didn't see any other post on this but while Reason+ seems fine to me, I have Suite so no real need to get it but didn't they hamstring themselves by discontinuing an intro product that gives access to RRP? I'd be highly disappointed if I was a rack extension dev, now someone needs a subscription or to buy the full version to get access to your product. Seemed like such a smart move when the first released it in that manner.

If I missed the discussion on this, please link and SIAP!
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

enossified

25 Feb 2021

Yes, Reason Intro is gone. More interesting question is whether the bundled Reason Lite is also gone (the two were pretty similar). Obviously the push is to get people into Reason+ instead.

moneykube

25 Feb 2021

turfed my reason lite yesterday... which is also now gone I hear
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

Not that much difference between Lite and Intro if you’re only interested in breaking out of Reason and into another DAW with your REs in hand. The devices which are missing are easily replaceable.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

25 Feb 2021

had 2 licenses for lite I think... and one one for live lite... both unneeded since I have suite in both apps,
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

zoidkirb

25 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Not that much difference between Lite and Intro if you’re only interested in breaking out of Reason and into another DAW with your REs in hand. The devices which are missing are easily replaceable.
I do miss Europa and Thor a little.
I'd possibly miss DrOcto and nnxt if they were implemented properly (in RRP)
Last edited by zoidkirb on 25 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

R303

25 Feb 2021

IMO Reason Intro is a very good offer to get start in music production (Thor, Europa, RE, VST, RRP, convolution reverb).
It's really sad.

Many other DAW-developers have entry-level versions. Studio One Artist for instance costs 94 EUR.
Their Audiointerface plus Artist costs 89 EUR, less than the download-only. And Sphere is also available.

So I think it will be hard, many will only get to Reason indirectly :-(
Maybe it’s a test phase right now until next version.

cocoazenith

26 Feb 2021

R303 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
IMO Reason Intro is a very good offer to get start in music production (Thor, Europa, RE, VST, RRP, convolution reverb).
It's really sad.

Many other DAW-developers have entry-level versions. Studio One Artist for instance costs 94 EUR.
Their Audiointerface plus Artist costs 89 EUR, less than the download-only. And Sphere is also available.

So I think it will be hard, many will only get to Reason indirectly :-(
Maybe it’s a test phase right now until next version.
Indeed. And some of us don't ever need the fluff and the bluff of the so called full versions in order to make music.

• Information