Disabling CodeMeter to run Reason+ disables VST license

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Despondo
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

Hi,

I'm a Reason Suite 11 perpetual license owner and am also wanting to run Reason+

I followed the steps here to deactivate CodeMeter in order to switch my Reason 11 Suite over to Reason+:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

When I do so, VPS Avenger, which also uses CodeMeter does not see the license. How are we to run Reason+ and these 3rd Party VSTs that also use CodeMeter?

Anyone have a solution?

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Despondo wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Hi,

I'm a Reason Suite 11 perpetual license owner and am also wanting to run Reason+

I followed the steps here to deactivate CodeMeter in order to switch my Reason 11 Suite over to Reason+:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

When I do so, VPS Avenger, which also uses CodeMeter does not see the license. How are we to run Reason+ and these 3rd Party VSTs that also use CodeMeter?

Anyone have a solution?
That's not helpful, I only have Reason using CodeMeter everything else is iLok license files or nothing.

Is there any other way to license Avenger?

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Looks like you might be able to license the computer, don't know if you are still going to have to run the codemeter software, as I don't have VPS.
IMG_2539.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG (49.83 KiB) Viewed 450 times
---edit---

Yeah I think that's not going to work, definitely contact support as soon as possible.

Despondo
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

I figured out a way. If I delete Reason 11 Suite and JUST install Reason+, then I can have Codemeter running and Avenger works.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

That's interesting, I'm missing the last few update due to all the hassle I've seen over licensing.

I'm running suite and didn't realise that it is a completely different installation. I wonder if you can install them independently?

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
That's interesting, I'm missing the last few update due to all the hassle I've seen over licensing.

I'm running suite and didn't realise that it is a completely different installation. I wonder if you can install them independently?
So, you can use Suite with Reason+, but new Reason+ users are prompted to just install Reason 11, given there is actually no difference in the Suite and "Standard" Reason applications apart from bundled licenses.

Glad to hear you found a workaround Despondo. This workflow/workaround definitely needs some improvement.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021
So, you can use Suite with Reason+, but new Reason+ users are prompted to just install Reason 11, given there is actually no difference in the Suite and "Standard" Reason applications apart from bundled licenses.

Glad to hear you found a workaround Despondo. This workflow/workaround definitely needs some improvement.
Just a curiosity but are you getting any increased support requests from suite user having license issues?

I know of at least one person who is having nothing but hassle with suite since 11.3.7/8 and has had to completely remove suite and install standard 11.3.6 to get their machine to run reason due to licensing problems.

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Just a curiosity but are you getting any increased support requests from suite user having license issues?

I know of at least one person who is having nothing but hassle with suite since 11.3.7/8 and has had to completely remove suite and install standard 11.3.6 to get their machine to run reason due to licensing problems.
No, for all existing Reason owners, there were no changes to 11.3.7 that should have any impact on licensing/auth issues. Obviously we have the CodeMeter workaround which is known for existing owners using CodeMeter that want to try Reason+, but other than that we haven't noticed any dramatic changes here. If you know of anything specific, please feel free to share though!

• Information