Is the latest video showing Reason hires?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pongasoft
RE Developer

25 Feb 2021

After watching the latest video for Algorithm FM Synthesizer, setting the content aside, one thing that really struck me is how amazing and sharp everything looked. Most of the video is showing the device in action, so clearly no still shots. Yet the text is incredibly readable, the buttons and knobs incredibly defined. I have not tried the device on my computer yet, but from past experience the text in particular always look fuzzy since Reason is low resolution.

Which makes me reach the conclusion that the video was actually produced using a hi res build that is not yet released and as a result is showing us what it will look like. And if that is the case it is amazing!

Can somebody from Reason chime in?

Yan
Source:

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

pongasoft wrote:
25 Feb 2021
After watching the latest video for Algorithm FM Synthesizer, setting the content aside, one thing that really struck me is how amazing and sharp everything looked. Most of the video is showing the device in action, so clearly no still shots. Yet the text is incredibly readable, the buttons and knobs incredibly defined. I have not tried the device on my computer yet, but from past experience the text in particular always look fuzzy since Reason is low resolution.

Which makes me reach the conclusion that the video was actually produced using a hi res build that is not yet released and as a result is showing us what it will look like. And if that is the case it is amazing!

Yan
Source:
It was, Mattias said so in a post!

viewtopic.php?p=544714#p544714
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021

He was indeed working in an internal hi-res dev environment. It felt more important to get nice, crisp graphics so we wouldn't have to update it later. It's WAY smoother in reality.

pongasoft
RE Developer

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
pongasoft wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Yan
Source:
It was, Mattias said so in a post!

viewtopic.php?p=544714#p544714
MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021

He was indeed working in an internal hi-res dev environment. It felt more important to get nice, crisp graphics so we wouldn't have to update it later. It's WAY smoother in reality.
I guess I was right then. Then slowness issue aside, I can't wait for hires! That will definitely be transformative!

Yan

• Information