Notes Missing from Export

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
lotharyx

24 Feb 2021

I've tried both Export Song as Audio File... and Bounce Mixer Channels, and the result is the same. Exported audio does not match live playback within Reason. Notes seem to be missing from one of my tracks. More accurately, it seems like the sustain (damper) pedal is being ignored during bounce. I've attached two samples of a short section of my song. The first, "loopback", is recorded via loopback, with Reason playing the audio in real-time. The second, "bounced", is using the Bounce Mixer Channels feature to bounce the same section of music. Notice how the string notes are cut off early in the bounced version (matching when I actually released the key on the keyboard, instead of being sustained with the sustain pedal). I've also attached a screen shot of the tracks in Reason, where one can see the sustain pedal info as a square waveform overlaid on the note data, proving that the sustain pedal data is indeed in the track (track outlined in blue box).

This would be a CRITICAL bug in Reason (bounce not matching playback), so it MUST be something I'm just doing wrong. Some setting I don't know about, or something I accidentally toggled with a fat-fingered keyboard shortcut. So...what is it?

Thanks!
Attachments
Track View.png
Track View.png (31.21 KiB) Viewed 315 times
bounced.mp3
(269.16 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
loopback.mp3
(259.88 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2021

Are there any players involve in that midi track with the sustain pedal?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

jam-s

24 Feb 2021

Which plugin/instrument does this occur on? There are some VSTs/AUs that do not work in fast rendering mode (e.g. due to their buggy disk streaming code for samples).

Karim
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2021

the only time in my life where a bounce or export didn't match the song play was with a Spire Vst track (one of the early versions).
I find it hard to think that a device or tool from the Reason ecosystem could have this kind of problem :?
lotharyx wrote:
24 Feb 2021
I've tried both Export Song as Audio File... and Bounce Mixer Channels, and the result is the same. Exported audio does not match live playback within Reason. Notes seem to be missing from one of my tracks. More accurately, it seems like the sustain (damper) pedal is being ignored during bounce. I've attached two samples of a short section of my song. The first, "loopback", is recorded via loopback, with Reason playing the audio in real-time. The second, "bounced", is using the Bounce Mixer Channels feature to bounce the same section of music. Notice how the string notes are cut off early in the bounced version (matching when I actually released the key on the keyboard, instead of being sustained with the sustain pedal). I've also attached a screen shot of the tracks in Reason, where one can see the sustain pedal info as a square waveform overlaid on the note data, proving that the sustain pedal data is indeed in the track (track outlined in blue box).

This would be a CRITICAL bug in Reason (bounce not matching playback), so it MUST be something I'm just doing wrong. Some setting I don't know about, or something I accidentally toggled with a fat-fingered keyboard shortcut. So...what is it?

Thanks!
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

jam-s

24 Feb 2021

Here's an example of a VST that does not work with offline bounce:

viewtopic.php?p=544136#p544136

• Information