Reason+ trial expires... but I didn't even start it ?!?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Not sure there is any outrage? Certainly not from me! I called it genius
Welcome to how this forum operates.

Some people seem to want to be pissed off vicariously through someone else's issue. And when something is taken care of, they need to find a way to attack the next thing... "Well this has being taken care of...and I haven't noticed it being a widely reported issue after all...and he said the trial would be reset for the user...and that they have taken note to make changes...and it does not roll into a credit card charge even though Billy+ jokes about it...hmmmmmmmmmmm...but he did say 'hehe'...should we roll with that next?"
Personally I think the internet as a whole has gone to far from the middle, if I click on something it's because I wanted to (to buy or navigate or delete etc.) and I don't need loads of popups of are you sure, when I press my keyfob to get into my car I don't have to press it again just to make sure I really wanted the car to open.
People just need to accept responsibility for their own action as a whole (and this is no way aimed at the OP as they were just asking a question).

joeyluck

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Not sure there is any outrage? Certainly not from me! I called it genius
joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Welcome to how this forum operates.

Some people seem to want to be pissed off vicariously through someone else's issue. And when something is taken care of, they need to find a way to attack the next thing... "Well this has being taken care of...and I haven't noticed it being a widely reported issue after all...and he said the trial would be reset for the user...and that they have taken note to make changes...and it does not roll into a credit card charge even though Billy+ jokes about it...hmmmmmmmmmmm...but he did say 'hehe'...should we roll with that next?"
Im still not sure what or how this pertains to me for you to quote me into the outrage?

If this is in reference to the original post, them I'm sure you can see I advised contacting support and James with the case number.
I quoted you because part of my reply was, "No, it does not roll into a credit card charge—that is a separate step."

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

That's good to hear, but I wasn't being back handed.

If you click the button and it takes effect, then that's what you should expect.

As for my comment about having notice before renewal, I personally think that would be a good idea.

As for my comment about being golden I stand by it in the context used.

If you are saying that from trial to billing requires an extra step that can only be a positive.

But again let me state that I wasn't being back handed in any way.

Deep Schulzz

25 Feb 2021

".............. The funny thing is - I wanted to keep the trial until they offer PayPal as payment option, so I did everything I could (or at least I thought so) to not accidentally start the trial just after the announcement."

That's exactly how it is with me. I find this behavior from Reasonstudios somehow obtrusive. They should change this.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
25 Feb 2021
".............. The funny thing is - I wanted to keep the trial until they offer PayPal as payment option, so I did everything I could (or at least I thought so) to not accidentally start the trial just after the announcement."

That's exactly how it is with me. I find this behavior from Reasonstudios somehow obtrusive. They should change this.
Have you been using it?

James has said quite clearly if it was in error contact support and DM him with your case number and he will see if he can get your trial reset.

Deep Schulzz

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Deep Schulzz wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Have you been using it?

James has said quite clearly if it was in error contact support and DM him with your case number and he will see if he can get your trial reset.
No I did not try it and wanted to wait until there's a Paypal payment option. If there's an option to reset the trial then that's ok with me.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Have you been using it?

No I did not try it and wanted to wait until there's a Paypal payment option. If there's an option to reset the trial then that's ok with me.
Put in a support ticket and PM / DM James with the case number and see what he can do, I'm sure he will probably be in this thread at some point again but he said quite clearly on page 1 that this is an option.

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Have you been using it?

Just an update here on PayPal. It does seem like it's going to be entirely possible to use PayPal with the Reason+ subscriptions which is great. Just figuring out some of the tech and finance details as we speak. Hope to report back soon with more!

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Just an update here on PayPal. It does seem like it's going to be entirely possible to use PayPal with the Reason+ subscriptions which is great. Just figuring out some of the tech and finance details as we speak. Hope to report back soon with more!
That's going to cheer up a few people.

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021
That's going to cheer up a few people.
:thumbs_up:

ohmygoff

25 Feb 2021

Please calm down, everybody. Although the trial hiccup is a bit inconvenient, as I actually want to trial at a later date, it's not the end of the world. People have been contacted, everything will get sorted in the end, I suppose.

One request to the Props, though... please don't try to hide product prices in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.” :puf_wink:

We'll find out anyway as soon as we have to pay... ;)

TheWeathermonger

10 Mar 2021

For what it's worth, I had the same issue as the OP. The trial started without my knowledge.

Or rather... Reason started demanding the Companion app on startup but didn't take me to an obvious place I could download it from. If I recall, I had to unwittingly sign-up for the Reason+ trial just to get to a link to download the Companion app. It was that or lose access to all the REs I use.

At least 11.3.9 does away with the need for the Companion, reverting to Authoriser if it's missing. :)

jamespember
Reason Studios

10 Mar 2021

TheWeathermonger wrote:
10 Mar 2021
For what it's worth, I had the same issue as the OP. The trial started without my knowledge.

Or rather... Reason started demanding the Companion app on startup but didn't take me to an obvious place I could download it from. If I recall, I had to unwittingly sign-up for the Reason+ trial just to get to a link to download the Companion app. It was that or lose access to all the REs I use.

At least 11.3.9 does away with the need for the Companion, reverting to Authoriser if it's missing. :)
Just to clarify this issue. It was never the case that you had to use Companion or we were forcing it on users, it was just that Reason prompted you to use Companion because you had an active Reason+ trial. If you chose not to go get the Companion, you had to open Authorizer manually to sync your REs.

But yes, this was kind of wonky and not a great user experience.

Now in the latest version of Reason (11.3.9) that shipped today, this happens automatically so you don't need to think about it. If you are an active Reason+ subscriber (or in a trial), it will try use Companion first, otherwise fall back to Authorizer as normal.

Hope this clears things up!

• Information