Mac Big Sur Experiences? Brave early adopters?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
npinero1

22 Feb 2021

I keep getting the annoying message to upgrade my Mac to Big Sur but I wanted to find out what everyone's experience has been with Big Sur and Reason including any 3rd party plugins?

Who was brave enough to take the plunge? and what was your experience?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Biolumin3sc3nt

22 Feb 2021

I had a ton of junk on My HD, and had been wanting a clean reinstall for a while now. Couldn't go back to High Sierra as Apple doesn't support it anymore in the App store. Kinda said F**k it and made a boot installer yesterday (BigSur).

Logic / Reason works great! It's faster as an OS as far as I can tell, and I haven't seen any problems. My 3rd party plugins - Softube/ Pluginalliance/ Soundtoys etc. jive just fine. It's only been a day however.

npinero1

23 Feb 2021

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
22 Feb 2021
I had a ton of junk on My HD, and had been wanting a clean reinstall for a while now. Couldn't go back to High Sierra as Apple doesn't support it anymore in the App store. Kinda said F**k it and made a boot installer yesterday (BigSur).

Logic / Reason works great! It's faster as an OS as far as I can tell, and I haven't seen any problems. My 3rd party plugins - Softube/ Pluginalliance/ Soundtoys etc. jive just fine. It's only been a day however.
This is very encouraging, I really appreciate it. You may forget this but I would love to hear your experience after you've used it for a week or 2. Thanks in advance!

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2021

Been fine for me too. Been on it for a good few weeks. I don't use Reason as much as some, or as many VSTs but I haven't had a problem.

npinero1

24 Feb 2021

With everyone’s response here, I made the plunge into Big Sur. and even though I hit a few bumps in the process, everything is working just fine!,
Thanks everyone.

• Information