PC audio issue

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Smiggy

11 Feb 2021

Not sure what is going on here, nor indeed if this is the right place to ask...

My PC had a hiccup and restarted (I didn't make a note of the issue).

Subsequently audio output has reverted to to the PC's internal speakers and the PC can't find the focusrite interface nor the keyboard though they both have power lights on.

I've tried reinstalling the focusrite drivers but to no effect.

Any suggestions welcome.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2021

Smiggy wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Not sure what is going on here, nor indeed if this is the right place to ask...

My PC had a hiccup and restarted (I didn't make a note of the issue).

Subsequently audio output has reverted to to the PC's internal speakers and the PC can't find the focusrite interface nor the keyboard though they both have power lights on.

I've tried reinstalling the focusrite drivers but to no effect.

Any suggestions welcome.
Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar and choose "open sound settings". Check your input and output devices are the Focusrite.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Smiggy

11 Feb 2021

Thanks MrFigg - sound settings not finding the Focusrite. I've done a system restore and the keyboard is now working but all audio is going to the internal sound card and I can't find a way to alter that.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2021

Smiggy wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Thanks MrFigg - sound settings not finding the Focusrite. I've done a system restore and the keyboard is now working but all audio is going to the internal sound card and I can't find a way to alter that.
Right click on the windows icon in the bottom left and open device manager, then sound...see if it's there but disabled.
Or...
Open Control Panel, Harware and sound, Manage Audio Devices

In Control Panel go in on Devices and Printers and see if the Focusrite is there. If not try Add a Device.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

11 Feb 2021

Stuff to try:

Reboot.
Unplug the interface and keyboard from USB, reboot again, and re-plug them.
Plug them into different USB ports.
Go to device manager and show hidden items (in the view menu). Look for duplicate Focusrite entries and delete them if so then reboot and reinstall the drivers.
Go to services and check that Focusrite Control is installed and running.
Remove your trousers, stand on one leg, close your eyes and pray to the USB gods. This never works.

adfielding

11 Feb 2021

Smiggy wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Mind if I ask what kind of Focusrite interface you're using? Is there a USB connection light on the interface anywhere? I'm using a 4i4 and the first one I received stopped working after a short while, I ended up having to RMA it. It sucked but, in all fairness to Focusrite, the replacement process was super smooth and I was back up and running within about a day or two.

Obviously I hope it's not a hardware issue, but it's definitely something to consider.

• Information