Reason 10 on Apple M1

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tronam

26 Feb 2021

Here's a nice, levelheaded explainer about SSD lifespans, wear-leveling and how it relates to M1 Macs or any computer for that matter, since they all use virtual/swap memory.

Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

integerpoet

06 Mar 2021

integerpoet wrote:
17 Feb 2021
My experience has been somewhat problematic.

Once every couple of hours or so, I get a spin (AKA beach ball AKA SPoD AKA rainbow spinner) that lasts for a minute or so.

Despite some facility with reading spin dumps, I was unable to make sense of the one I grabbed.

Happily, we generally make a full recovery from these spins.

I can't remember experiencing anything like this on Intel Macs.
I realized I broke one of my own rules on a couple of recent projects.

And, at roughly the same time I started breaking that rule, I switched to an M1 mini. So I changed two things rather than just one.

The rule was: no VSTs. None. Why introduce that stability risk? There simply aren't any which add enough value to my process.

But for some reason I broke my own rule. Maybe it was a good deal on a bundle. Maybe I needed an adventure! :-)

I'm not saying VSTs were the cause of the problem described above. But they could have been.

So for my next project (which will be similar) I will once again observe my own rule.

And if we're lucky I'll remember to report whether I hit this problem.

ikaracha

06 Mar 2021

I don't know about R10, but 11works great (standalone) on M1 Mac Mini. No issues whatsoever.

• Information