Upgrading from 10.4 to 11.x issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
napynap

06 Feb 2021

Anyone have issues with their songs when they upgraded from 10.4 to the latest version? Did they sound the same? Anything to watch out for? I wanted to run this by the forum before doing it.
visit http://www.napynap.com to learn more about me. Thank you.

cocoazenith

06 Feb 2021

You're better of either by trialing Reason+ for one month or by getting something like Reason 11 Lite to test the Reason 11 sound/workflow yourself without having to make the purchase just yet. I have a Reason 11 Lite license to sell for cheap, if you're interested. I for one went from Reason 10 Lite to Reason 11 Lite thinking I would get rid of some bugs but it seems they have not been solved and I also find the new version a bit more sluggish on my Mac computer...

tiker01

06 Feb 2021

If you consider going from Lite to full either sub to Reason+ or wait till Reason 12 drops some point this year.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

napynap

06 Feb 2021

Sorry, I could have been more clear, I already paid for 11.x, but just haven't installed it yet. I'm aware of all the threads about WHETHER to upgrade or not.

Billy+

06 Feb 2021

napynap wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Sorry, I could have been more clear, I already paid for 11.x, but just haven't installed it yet. I'm aware of all the threads about WHETHER to upgrade or not.
You can install both and check yourself!

Just add the version number to the install path of 11 for example so it's in a non standard location and run them both side by side, I always do that....

Then when I'm happy I remove the older version ;)

napynap

07 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Feb 2021
napynap wrote:
06 Feb 2021

Just add the version number to the install path of 11 for example so it's in a non standard location and run them both side by side, I always do that....

OK, that sounds like a plan! I'll do that! Thanks Billy+

buddard
RE Developer

08 Feb 2021

napynap wrote:
07 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
06 Feb 2021

OK, that sounds like a plan! I'll do that! Thanks Billy+
Just keep in mind that if you save a song in Reason 11 you won't be able to open it in Reason 10 anymore.
So you might want to save songs under a new name in Reason 11 until you're sure about upgrading.

moneykube

09 Feb 2021

napynap wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Anyone have issues with their songs when they upgraded from 10.4 to the latest version? Did they sound the same? Anything to watch out for? I wanted to run this by the forum before doing it.
consider this an issue :exclamation:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521770
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information