Upgrade/Downgrade Question?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jaeproduced

02 Feb 2021

So I have Reason 11 if I upgrade to Reason + and automatically get Reason 12 when it comes out this year. If I then decide to stop paying after a year will I still have Reason 12 but without all the devices of Reason + or will I go back to Reason 11 which I already own? Please help me understand this...

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

You only get Reason 12 full license by buying the upgrade to it.

outdatedstandard

02 Feb 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
02 Feb 2021
will I go back to Reason 11 which I already own

Melody303

02 Feb 2021

You will go back to the last version you bought.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

antic604

02 Feb 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
02 Feb 2021
So I have Reason 11 if I upgrade to Reason + and automatically get Reason 12 when it comes out this year. If I then decide to stop paying after a year will I still have Reason 12 but without all the devices of Reason + or will I go back to Reason 11 which I already own? Please help me understand this...
You'll go back to Reason 11 and the REs you had before Reason+

Let's make an analogy. Say, you have a 5 years old VW sedan - it's fine, gets the job done. You order a taxi to make some errands for the day and it turns out it's a super hot girl (or guy or whatever) in a Lamborgini. She/he/it takes you where you want to do what you need, you can have a nice conversation with the driver, take comfort of beautiful interior and leather seats, enjoy the breathtaking acceleration, cornering & engine roar, don't have to worry about the servicing, gas or insurance, etc. But by the end of the day, once your money have run out, you're stuck with your faithful VW and memories of a different, more exciting and better life ;) :D

That's Reason+ in a nutshell.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

Think of it like Disney + you can watch while your paying but the moment you stop paying you can only watch your old TV programs.

The Bonus with RS+ is you get to keep the content packs.

• Information