Model Cycles as Midi out instrument not working

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
vertibration

31 Jan 2021

Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. I have an Elektron Model Cycles. I set up the Cycles as a midi controller, set it up in the sync menu, and the audio is going into my Focusrite interface. I dragged a midi out instrument into the arrangement view, and selected my model cycles, however I hear no audio at all

If I create an audio track, I have no problem recording the cycles, but it just wont work with the midi out instrument. I enabled midi in my model cycles

Does anyone have problems using the midi out instrument with hardware synths?

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2021

No problems with any of my instruments. Have you checked they are on the same midi channel?

I don't have any instrument set up as midi controller though, in terms of elektron devices specifically, the Digitakt just works if I plug it in the computer with midi in enabled. I would say it is a matter of midi channel setup. You should be able to send notes and transport no problems to your cycles.

Have you tried with midi cable instead of usb? I don't know how the cycles works though... I think another user here, ZAC, has one of the model devices, hopefully he is around and sees this.

vertibration

31 Jan 2021

I am totally clueless. Im connected USB, and ableton, reaper, and fl studio work fine. Just Reason doesnt work. Thanks though

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2021

vertibration wrote:
31 Jan 2021
I am totally clueless. Im connected USB, and ableton, reaper, and fl studio work fine. Just Reason doesnt work. Thanks though
Did you select the device from the drop down menu on the midi out device?

vertibration

31 Jan 2021

I figured it out now. I had to create an audio track, and a midi out instrument.

PhillipOrdonez

31 Jan 2021

vertibration wrote:
31 Jan 2021
I figured it out now. I had to create an audio track, and a midi out instrument.
Oh my bad I overlooked that step and didn't ask you about it. I'm glad you finally got it to work 👍

• Information