New Reason+ subscriber? We'd love to hear from you!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

03 Feb 2021

Yeah I refer to it as the chaos thread :lol:

EdwardKiy

03 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
03 Feb 2021

Heart or Gut but balls :o that's just wrong :lol:

Still it's good to see you like what was written, I'm guessing that as things start to calm down a bit we might start to see some interesting fact based discussion rather than seeing it all as doom and disappointment.
Let's hope so :) It was getting mighty hard to add meanginful and productive conversations in that mega thread for a while. I am more than happy to answer questions and share our thinking in here.
I think (and this is only my personal suggestion) that it would be of greatest benefit to the community if you announced clearly that from now on the DAW is your main focus and that you absolutely couldn't get to it any sooner. And it would help if you mentioned some key bullet points of that patch, because '4k and some sequencer improvements' is not enough information. This would also save you from the inevitable disappointment of those who will not get the features they wanted (because too many requests have accumulated over the years).

jamespember
Reason Studios

03 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Yeah I refer to it as the chaos thread :lol:
The thread that shall not be named :lol: :lol:

jamespember
Reason Studios

03 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
03 Feb 2021

Let's hope so :) It was getting mighty hard to add meanginful and productive conversations in that mega thread for a while. I am more than happy to answer questions and share our thinking in here.
I think (and this is only my personal suggestion) that it would be of greatest benefit to the community if you announced clearly that from now on the DAW is your main focus and that you absolutely couldn't get to it any sooner. And it would help if you mentioned some key bullet points of that patch, because '4k and some sequencer improvements' is not enough information. This would also save you from the inevitable disappointment of those who will not get the features they wanted (because too many requests have accumulated over the years).
I mean, the Reason Rack Plugin is a very popular and highly used product now, so it would be weird if we didn't also focus on that in addition to the DAW :) I'll let Mattias talk to the specifics of the Reason roadmap.

Billy+

03 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
03 Feb 2021
I mean, the Reason Rack Plugin is a very popular and highly used product now, so it would be weird if we didn't also focus on that in addition to the DAW :) I'll let Mattias talk to the specifics of the Reason roadmap.
Sorry to go off topic, but I've seen Mattias mentioned a few times of late, I know he's product manager but is there an announcement scheduled or are you just saying you will let him deal with the specifics?

jamespember
Reason Studios

03 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Sorry to go off topic, but I've seen Mattias mentioned a few times of late, I know he's product manager but is there an announcement scheduled or are you just saying you will let him deal with the specifics?
No I just mean, he is the Reason Product Manager, so it's more his domain to comment on specific features or requests.

Billy+

03 Feb 2021

Glad we cleared that up before the anticipation gets to much...

Gardinski

03 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Feb 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
03 Feb 2021
sweet sweet nectar these words. Finally someone speaking from the balls! More of this, please.
Heart or Gut but balls :o that's just wrong :lol:

That's a ventriloquist act I really don't want to see!

TrueStory

03 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021

Please don't take this as a dig, but how about some core enhancements like maybe finishing full vst functionality, that's been my one wish since vst was introduced.
I promise, I don't take it as a dig :)

I'll let Mattias choose to comment on specifics inside Reason as that is his domain, but we are listening (and reading).
That's good you guys at least acknowledging our requests. Internal midi out and a new piano roll overhaul allowing us to set custom scales would be super.

exxx

04 Feb 2021

This is a simple time-dragging process waiting for oblivion.

miscend

15 Feb 2021

Reason+ is already out in the wild. He's using the patches that come with the service and combining them with Splice loops.

tobypearce

17 Feb 2021

I'm very pleased to see how this thread is shaping up.

Although the stated intention was to hear from new R+ subscribers, under the surface I suppose I also wanted to see a positive thread to counterbalance the chaotic one, as some have said. That thread is super important (perhaps more important than this one) because core, loyal people are speaking from the heart.

But thanks for the discussion so far in here - great to see.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

So with D-day here for some early adopters what's going to be the decision that you take?

I know at least one person that has taken the opportunity to trial the subscription, has played about with the content packs and couldn't wait to play with algoritm and was probably going to continue with the subscription for at least another month last time I spoke with them.

However today they decided to go back to their perpetual license and run algorithm as a trial........

Sortitoutonsunday

01 Mar 2021

I've been a Reason user for 9 years now. Didn't feel 11 was worth the money so I skipped that one and I've been on 10.4 for a long time. Subscriptions isn't for me but I figured I could try out the free month just for some fun but I had no intention of actually keeping it. Well, here I am now one month into the Reason+ world and I kind of like it. Now I have an entire year to figure out if this really is something for me. 👍
Reason fanboy since 6.5
:reason: :PUF_balance: :roll:

demt

13 Mar 2021

Same as the others reason suite owner,I've got to make time to play with sum soundbanks, sum how's!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Rising Night Wave

19 Mar 2021

Yea boyiii. :cool: I just bought - few moments ago - a one year subscription plan for Reason+. I am all excited. :puf_bigsmile:
Before that I tried for one month fully functional Reason 11 and I must say I was totally excited. All over. Hehe. :clap:
I created few songs using that Reason 11 demo and I must really say it is amazing program. I love Reason. :thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Kilsane

20 Mar 2021

I came across this video this morning

83X5T

20 Mar 2021

Hi! New to the forum...Got a question for R+ Users. How many new packs are you getting every week/month?
Thank you

nickb523
RE Developer

21 Mar 2021

83X5T wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Hi! New to the forum...Got a question for R+ Users. How many new packs are you getting every week/month?
Thank you
I think the aim is to release 3 per week but at the moment there are around 5 packs coming out every week.

Yonatan

29 Mar 2021

Just started my trial on Reason+. 1 month left until April 27th when the intro offer is ending. I do like the soundpack library idea. Not that many that are in my kind of needs, but I can see the value for ppl who are doing that kind of genres and sounds that often are highlighted nowadays.

I have R11 Suite, so it means Algoritm and Friktion and Pattern Mutator is what I get as extra RE.

The deal to get to use Reason+ first year for the amount of €99, is tempting, but also a hard one to ponder,
as it all depends on what new devices that are added and if and when R12 is coming.

Using R11 with 3 extra RE and weekly soundpacks, for €99.
I do not expect to see new devices too often, maybe a maximum of 4 per one year cycle (1 per 3 month). If a new Reason upgrade comes along I do can see the value of €99 per year. BUT...the point comes where one is to decide going on with €19/month. No way I would go on for 1 whole year for €199. Instead, it would rather be one month here and there, maximum 6 month (€99) per year. And, to some degree that would mean a kind of broken workflow that needs more planning, and I probably would still want to buy RE´s that I find most useful.

So, I would like to know more about what a perpetual roadmap would look like onwards. Will a new bigger upgrade cycle start once every year with regular updates throughout 1 year, that can be compared to the Reason+ roadmap? Or will R12 be like a 2 year cycle updates?
My guessing is that it could be a new upgrade number each year as it was written earlier that the service was 1 year on perpetual version.

I think it is very very important that RS before 27th of April, share more info on their upgrade plan so we users can make a decent choice on what will work best for us. I can go either way, but don´t want any sudden surprises that do not work in our favor. One of the users frustrations is about these sudden changes without any noticing beforehand, making users take decisions that they regret because RS are making U turns.

We need to get enough information to make informed decisions. Secret hints is great if it means win-win, but not if it drags the carpet under many users feet. If I had not bought R11 suite, I would probably have jumped on Reason+ and just don´t bother buying RS RE´s furthermore.
Others are reasoning opposite, if they knew, they would have bought the R11 suite. Whatever one thinks, one needs information to decide.

• Information