New Reason+ subscriber? We'd love to hear from you!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

02 Feb 2021

Yonatan wrote:
02 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
02 Feb 2021

Not sure what you mean. All of the sound packs remain installed on your computer and available in Companion :-)
I mean to ask if these packs will stay in the companion app (or elsewhere) and grow like a library or if the packs will be removed after a certain time, as newer soundpacks arrive. I have not signed up for the free month yet so I have no clue how the companion app works.
Yes, they remain on your computer and in Companion (as far as I know). I'll let James speak to the latter. But barring any special agreement or circumstances, my understanding is they will remain available in Companion.

joeyluck

02 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
02 Feb 2021

Yes, I was going to mention that. Here's a Friktion specific one: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/down ... ktion-pack

That said, this thread is for those who are new Reason+ Subscribers after all...
Ok I will leave then,

I only engaged because of the links that showed the sound packs...
Well to further answer your question, those sound packs in the blog were shared prior to Reason+ as part of testing the waters of the sound pack concept and interest in the content. If your question is about how to get sound packs exclusive to Reason+, I'm pretty sure you know the answer to that :-) Outside of that, I'm not sure of RS's plans to share more sound packs outside of Companion... The last one shared in the blog was from the end of December.

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

guitfnky

02 Feb 2021

so if someone has no interest in subscribing, but wants to get a bunch of sound packs, what’s to stop them from signing up for the R+ trial and downloading all the content? they said you keep your sound pack content even after letting the subscription lapse.

or if you’ve already used up your trial, can’t you just subscribe for one month and get all of the sound pack content up to that point for $20?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

esselfortium

02 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021
so if someone has no interest in subscribing, but wants to get a bunch of sound packs, what’s to stop them from signing up for the R+ trial and downloading all the content? they said you keep your sound pack content even after letting the subscription lapse.

or if you’ve already used up your trial, can’t you just subscribe for one month and get all of the sound pack content up to that point for $20?
You can do that, yes.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

guitfnky

02 Feb 2021

esselfortium wrote:
02 Feb 2021
guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021

You can do that, yes.
ha, wow, that seems like an insane oversight. 😂

joeyluck

02 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021

As explained by James:
jamespember wrote:
01 Feb 2021
mjxl wrote:
01 Feb 2021

I mean, probably the patches will go, but we can save them anyways?
Unless they've gone through extreme lengths to stop this, I guess the patches will be save-able :)
We've gone through... no lengths to stop this! :lol:

All the packs and patches you install are yours to keep. You don't have to re-save them or move them anywhere. Our job and incentive is to keep making Reason+ so appealing that subscribers want to stay with us over time - based on the constant stream of Reason updates, new devices and new content.

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
02 Feb 2021
You can try Reason+ ;)
Joey I'm not trying to start anything, I don't want to argue with you or anyone nor do I want to go off topic but subscription is not for me and up until the companion app these sound packs had been made available for free on the blog https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog for everyone to try and that was pretty sweet.
I mean, the sound packs are a key part of the Reason+ service. It's one of the perks of subscribing and we think it's part of why people want to invest every month. Fresh inspiration and content every week. We'll release some outside R+ from time to time, but in general, they will remain a R+ only product.

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

Thanks for the response James it good to hear you might release some from time to time as I was enjoying the ones posted on the blog over the last few month.

I hope it was acceptable for me to reply here?
Last edited by Billy+ on 02 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021
esselfortium wrote:
02 Feb 2021

You can do that, yes.
It's really not an oversight at all. We know and are not naive to the fact that this is a gap that some number of users will exploit, but we think it puts (positive) pressure on us to continue making the service as valuable as possible over time. Yes, you could join the service, download a bunch of content and then cancel. But then you'd miss everything that comes after you cancel, whether that be new devices or new content.

Keep in mind here that Reason+ is not a static service. It's not a "done" product that will now sit on the shelf. Today it includes Reason, all the devices and sound packs. In 12 months it could ALSO be any number of other helpful and valuable things. The total sum value of those features or services will make it worth subscribing, and sticking around.

It should actually be easier, and frankly more rewarding to just keep subscribing to the service than to exploit loopholes. That is our goal :)

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Thanks for the response James it good to hear you might release some from time to time as I was enjoying the ones posted on the blog over the last few month.

I hope it was acceptable for me to reply here?
Of course :)

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

Thanks James.

guitfnky

02 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021
guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021

It's really not an oversight at all. We know and are not naive to the fact that this is a gap that some number of users will exploit, but we think it puts (positive) pressure on us to continue making the service as valuable as possible over time. Yes, you could join the service, download a bunch of content and then cancel. But then you'd miss everything that comes after you cancel, whether that be new devices or new content.

Keep in mind here that Reason+ is not a static service. It's not a "done" product that will now sit on the shelf. Today it includes Reason, all the devices and sound packs. In 12 months it could ALSO be any number of other helpful and valuable things. The total sum value of those features or services will make it worth subscribing, and sticking around.

It should actually be easier, and frankly more rewarding to just keep subscribing to the service than to exploit loopholes. That is our goal :)
👍🏼 thanks for the honest response, I appreciate it. for me— I’m the only one I can speak for, of course—there’s likely to be more value in keeping a perpetual license and buying any RS devices ala carte, but I do wish RS success with the subscription so the core product keeps getting better.

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021

👍🏼 thanks for the honest response, I appreciate it. for me— I’m the only one I can speak for, of course—there’s likely to be more value in keeping a perpetual license and buying any RS devices ala carte, but I do wish RS success with the subscription so the core product keeps getting better.
You got it! That's the goal and ambition here, so time for us to get to work and prove it!

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021
You got it! That's the goal and ambition here, so time for us to get to work and prove it!
Please don't take this as a dig, but how about some core enhancements like maybe finishing full vst functionality, that's been my one wish since vst was introduced.

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Please don't take this as a dig, but how about some core enhancements like maybe finishing full vst functionality, that's been my one wish since vst was introduced.
I promise, I don't take it as a dig :)

I'll let Mattias choose to comment on specifics inside Reason as that is his domain, but we are listening (and reading).

Billy+

02 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021

I'll let Mattias choose to comment on specifics inside Reason as that is his domain, but we are listening (and reading).

That's fine with me, and if you read anything that I have written that you don't agree with please remember that I am open to discussion, more than capable of changing my mind and want nothing more than to see Reason living on for another 20 years because I still love it like I did with version 1.

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021

That's fine with me, and if you read anything that I have written that you don't agree with please remember that I am open to discussion, more than capable of changing my mind and want nothing more than to see Reason living on for another 20 years because I still love it like I did with version 1.
Absolutely, glad to hear it!

bieh

03 Feb 2021

Wow, I just spent a lot of time pouring out my heart after reading 70+ pages of comments and writing my first post since Reason+, only to have the forum log me out and erase my text when I hit Preview. So for now you won't get to hear why, as an owner of Suite as well as more REs than 85% of Reason users (according to a survey), I still see Reason+ as a good value proposition for me. Maybe another day. For now it's time I went and did something else.

SoulState

03 Feb 2021

bieh wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Wow, I just spent a lot of time pouring out my heart after reading 70+ pages of comments and writing my first post since Reason+, only to have the forum log me out and erase my text when I hit Preview. So for now you won't get to hear why, as an owner of Suite as well as more REs than 85% of Reason users (according to a survey), I still see Reason+ as a good value proposition for me. Maybe another day. For now it's time I went and did something else.
That’s a shame. I’d be interested to read your Reason+ tale.
:reason:

miyaru

03 Feb 2021

SoulState wrote:
03 Feb 2021
bieh wrote:
03 Feb 2021
That’s a shame. I’d be interested to read your Reason+ tale.
+1 here......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

SoulState

03 Feb 2021

bieh wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Let's hear it. :puf_bigsmile:
I'm similar. Got Reason 11 suite, a decent amount of REs. Advantages of adding Reason+ for me are; easier collabs and occasional sound pack inspiration.
Last edited by SoulState on 03 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

EdwardKiy

03 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
02 Feb 2021
sweet sweet nectar these words. Finally someone speaking from the balls! More of this, please.

Billy+

03 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 Feb 2021
sweet sweet nectar these words. Finally someone speaking from the balls! More of this, please.

Heart or Gut but balls :o that's just wrong :lol:

Still it's good to see you like what was written, I'm guessing that as things start to calm down a bit we might start to see some interesting fact based discussion rather than seeing it all as doom and disappointment.

jamespember
Reason Studios

03 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
03 Feb 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
03 Feb 2021

Heart or Gut but balls :o that's just wrong :lol:

Still it's good to see you like what was written, I'm guessing that as things start to calm down a bit we might start to see some interesting fact based discussion rather than seeing it all as doom and disappointment.
Let's hope so :) It was getting mighty hard to add meanginful and productive conversations in that mega thread for a while. I am more than happy to answer questions and share our thinking in here.

• Information