What is Reason+?
- Reason+ is a new optional subscription service from Reason Studios
- While your subscription is active, you can use all Rack Extension from Reason Studios ever created, including new ones
- You get the Companion app for Reason+ to manage your RE and download additional content like Sound Packs
- You automatically get any updates to Reason (all periodic maintenance as well as major version upgrades), as well as Reason Rack Plugin
- Reason+ is completely optional
- You still can use and buy the Reason DAW including the Reason Rack Plugin as a perpetual license (meaning: no subscription needed)
- You still can use and buy any Rack Extension and Refills
- Reason still can be updated by buying a upgrade license
- Any Rack Extension can be updated and if there is a payed upgrade offer it can be bought
- Nothing happens, you can continue to use them just as you have under your current license
- The USB Ignition Key has been discontinued. Reason has not shipped with a physical USB key in many years, and Reason Studios is now discontinuing support for physical USB keys. You can, however, authorize your computer (using a "virtual dongle") so you can use standard Reason as well as your RE's offline.
- Some users are reporting that if you already have a USB Ignition Key with Reason and any RE's licensed to it, it is continuing to work on some computers. YMMV.
- Currently you cannot, however; Reason Studios are aware that this is an issue and they are working on a solution. To be clear, for now in order to use Reason+, you MUST have access to an Internet connection.
- Companion is a "companion" app to Reason+, which serves several functions:
- You will use this in place of Authorizer to sync and manage your Rack Extensions
- You will use this to download and install optional Sound Packs that are released weekly
- Sound Packs are forever - if you cancel your Reason+ sub, you'll still have all of your Sound Packs that you downloaded and installed. You can use these in a perpetual licensed version of Reason, however; if you do not own the Rack Extensions used in the Sound Pack, they will appear as cardboard cutouts in a non-subscription version of Reason.
As a Reason+ subscriber, can I still buy RE's and ReFills from the Shop?
- YES! Purchased RE's and ReFills are also perpetual, meaning if you cancel your Reason+ subscription and buy a perpetual license, you will have access to any purchased RE's or ReFills.
- Nothing. You will always own the additional Rack Extensions that were bundled with Reason 11 Suite, meaning you can use them in any future version of Reason, as well as Reason+ if you choose to subscribe. Your current version of Reason 11 Suite will continue to work just like it always has. That said, Reason Studios has discontinued new sales of Reason 11 Suite and it will no longer be sold in the Reason Studios shop. You may still be able to find Suite available through other retailers while they still have the stock. The only products Reason Studios are currently selling is Reason 11 (perpetual license), and Reason+ (optional subscription license), and Reason 11 upgrade (from any previous version of Reason). Once a future upgrade is released (say Reason 12, 13, etc) you will have the option of upgrading to that version - and of course take all RE's that came with Suite to that version.
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-
Disclaimer: this information was collected through the Reason Studios product pages and various public sources. This information is subject to change. Please contact Reason Studios prior to purchasing to verify any information provided in this post. Reasontalk, nor its owners, moderators, or administrators cannot be held liable for any information in this sticky. This FAQ will be updated as more information becomes available or changes.