Online Login / Cant Auth PC

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Proboscis

30 Jan 2021

In the past six weeks, I reinstalled Windows, and also trialled an RE. Now that the trial is over, I'm still getting the "Some Rack Extensions are Online Only" message.

When I look into my RS profile, it tells me that my license is registered to PC number 'XYZ'. This differs from the PC that RS is identifying.

Could the PC number have changed in my Windows reinstall ? Where do I find this number on my hardware ?
The command-line instructions I've fond online don't yield any number that looks like the one Reason are quoting.

For what it's worth, I did de-auth before the reinstall, but as is common, I suspect the authorizer f**ked up. And I have deleted the trial RE from the Authorizer.

This isn't the first time this has happened - in the past, the lazy answer from RS has been 'oh you can just use the 'lost computer' function. But lately I've read a few users' saying they have been denied this option after using it on more than four previous occasions. That's a disgusting response, which is not covered in the terms of service, but I won't be using this option, as I have not lost a computer, ever.

• Information