Reason+ vs Reason Suite

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Dave Beep

29 Jan 2021

Am I right in thinking there is virtually no benefit to getting Reason+ If you already have suite?

Weekly soundpacks only?

MannequinRaces

29 Jan 2021

Unless you want Friktion and Pattern Mutator really really bad.

Goriila Texas

29 Jan 2021

Looks like we won catching the suite on sale. I don't need nothing else in Reason.

PhillipOrdonez

29 Jan 2021

It is not a service for us on suite, no. It isn't meant to be for us.

moneykube

29 Jan 2021

only one I did not bite on was Pattern Mutator because of mixed reviews... may yet get it if it remains available ... decisions, decisions :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

STIM

29 Jan 2021

Also the new FM synth which I think they said is out in March.

Stamatz

29 Jan 2021

They should have just left everything alone and just added +. Don't change the website, don't change the agreements, change nothing but add to the current fiscal model. After all last year was their fiscally best year meaning things were working for them, the model was good. When potential customers want to check out Reason, they can subscribe. That version would include everything Reason makes, DAW, RRP, Reason Only RE. After these new subscibers had time to check things out and see how awesome it really is, they can continue to subscribe or buy a perpetual license just like before. The benefit is you offer choices. I don't understand the need to change their website so drasctically and license agreements, piss off developers, users no need for any of that as you saw by the comments on that other thread. Man if I won that Powerball, I would buy Reason, hand they keys to Mattias and say surround yourself with people who think like you, create great products, focus on what people want, make us a great DAW and have fun. I'm sure THAT company would generate a creative profit and whether it did or not, who cares I would be stinking rich anyway, that lottery was like 1Bn...lol
Nektar P4, Alesis VX49, Roland DJ-202, Korg DS-8, Casio RZ-1, Epiphone Guitar, MOTU M4, Samson BT Monitors. Twin Displays. AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D, 32 GB Ram, AMD Radeon 6800XT,

Reminiscence

30 Jan 2021

I think the subscription model is cool (for those with money to spare). I have suite and can program my own patches for my own sound, so no need for me to jump onto that. I'm saving my money for ver.12. :mrgreen:

rickrubin

30 Jan 2021

regarding the sound library... Is it similar to SPLICE, or what to expect? do they add new sounds every month (in all categories)?

I use the basic middle version of Reason. however I was thinking about getting complex 1 modular synth etc among other synths so upgrading to ReasonSuit or Reason+ might actually be something to consider for a guy like me..
Last edited by rickrubin on 30 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

starflakeprj

30 Jan 2021

Yes, the Reason+ is garbage for us Suite users. I already got burned once, when upgrading to Suite, since there were only 4 Rack Extensions I didn't really have, and only 1 of them (Scenic) I was really interested in. I asked Reason Studios if they could give any information on if there will be any Rack Extensions developed that Suite owners would be getting for free, or any other perks, but they "couldn't say" (probably nothing was planned and they didn't want to say that). I took my chances, and have since purchased the Pattern Mutator, and the Friktion is on "rent-to-own" atm.

I know there is a 50% discount for Reason+ for the first year, for all Reason owners, but as usual, Reason Studios just don't give a f*ck about the most loyal customers. I have thrown so much money at Reason Studios, incl. 3rd party Rack Extensions, but they don't simply care, and there will always be people falling between.

Tweak

30 Jan 2021

starflakeprj wrote:
30 Jan 2021
Yes, the Reason+ is garbage for us Suite users. I already got burned once, when upgrading to Suite, since there were only 4 Rack Extensions I didn't really have, and only 1 of them (Scenic) I was really interested in. I asked Reason Studios if they could give any information on if there will be any Rack Extensions developed that Suite owners would be getting for free, or any other perks, but they "couldn't say" (probably nothing was planned and they didn't want to say that). I took my chances, and have since purchased the Pattern Mutator, and the Friktion is on "rent-to-own" atm.

I know there is a 50% discount for Reason+ for the first year, for all Reason owners, but as usual, Reason Studios just don't give a f*ck about the most loyal customers. I have thrown so much money at Reason Studios, incl. 3rd party Rack Extensions, but they don't simply care, and there will always be people falling between.
At some point in the future, and if their drive for new users is effective, they'll need to start to deliver properly on the DAW with new features, as their stream of new users will begin to dwindle if the offering is poor in comparison to others in the market.

Whilst it continues to be more profitable to onboard people rather than help out existing users, I'm afraid we'll be stuck with this. These new users will soon become disgruntled like you if they don't also see changes. The way I see it, its very likely they need to drive the business in two ways:

1. pick up as many users as possible then
2. impress those users with new features goto 1

Seems to me up to this point they've struggled with (1), so are concentrating on this with some of the changes to the application (Reason as a VST, and now Reason+). Hopefully we'll see something in the next major Reason version for those already on the platform. If we don't, many loyal longtime customers will have second thoughts.

QVprod

30 Jan 2021

Right now the differences are minor. In a few months to a year, there will be more included RE and of course and a new version of Reason. Altogether it’s actually a good value if you compare to other massive bundles like Komplete. Just needs time to catch up to all the super fans that bought everything already.

Electric-Metal

30 Jan 2021

QVprod wrote:
30 Jan 2021
Right now the differences are minor. In a few months to a year, there will be more included RE and of course and a new version of Reason. Altogether it’s actually a good value if you compare to other massive bundles like Komplete. Just needs time to catch up to all the super fans that bought everything already.
That's exactly what's completely overlooked by most "bashers". I read a lot of comments like "Oh, great. I can pay for what I already got and only get some mediocre samples on top", while they ingnore the fact, that they're NOT paying for what they got already but for what's to come (which should be plenty though).
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Mich01

30 Jan 2021

starflakeprj wrote:
30 Jan 2021

I think you can't state it's garbage. It is just another productbundle then Suite. So if you own Suite and like it, why would that be different right now?

have a good time
Michel

chimp_spanner

30 Jan 2021

moneykube wrote:
29 Jan 2021
only one I did not bite on was Pattern Mutator because of mixed reviews... may yet get it if it remains available ... decisions, decisions :puf_wink:
I gotta say, I demo'd Mutator and at first I didn't get it. But it's a slow burner. Step sequence something in PolyStep, record it into Mutator, bypass PolyStep, smash the mutate button until something sounds cool, sequence in a new slow PolyStep pattern that controls root note changes and you've got this whole new thing going on. It's actually a super inspiring device.

Billy+

30 Jan 2021

Dave Beep wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Am I right in thinking there is virtually no benefit to getting Reason+ If you already have suite?

Weekly soundpacks only?
Hi Dave at the moment as a suite owner the current benefits from plus subscription will give you access to

Pattern Mutator £64
Friktion £99

You will also get access to the content packs which only plus users can access and from my limited understanding there will be multiple each week.

As a suite owner you can take advantage of a limited time discount of %50 if you pay annually so you upfront costs would be £120 instead of £240.

One thing to note would be that using the subscription service would not give you ownership of Mutator and Friktion for actual ownership you would still need to purchase them separately.

I hope this is helpful.

Billy+

30 Jan 2021

rickrubin wrote:
30 Jan 2021
regarding the sound library... Is it similar to SPLICE, or what to expect? do they add new sounds every month (in all categories)?

I use the basic middle version of Reason. however I was thinking about getting complex 1 modular synth etc among other synths so upgrading to ReasonSuit or Reason+ might actually be something to consider for a guy like me..
Splice is primarily audio based samples, the content packs should be combinator patches and samples, but from what James has posted mostly patches.
jamespember wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Just to be clear, the Reason+ packs are just that. They aren't samples, they're patches - mostly combis.
I hope this help.

starflakeprj

30 Jan 2021

Mich01 wrote:
30 Jan 2021
starflakeprj wrote:
30 Jan 2021

I think you can't state it's garbage. It is just another productbundle then Suite. So if you own Suite and like it, why would that be different right now?

have a good time
Michel
Well, for instance, there is no way to get the additional weekly "soundpacks" without signing up for Reason+. But they alone are not worth €20/month.
I don't like when people who have invested more than others gets the same as others. That's just communistic bullsh*t. There should be an incentive for the most loyal customers. It feels like Reason Studios are just making up their business plan as they go, and in this case, copying PreSonus Sphere from the ground and up, more or less. Similar to Google they are just killing off products randomly. The Suite is dead, the Reward program you can say is dead as well.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Jan 2021

starflakeprj wrote:
30 Jan 2021
Mich01 wrote:
30 Jan 2021

have a good time
Michel
Well, for instance, there is no way to get the additional weekly "soundpacks" without signing up for Reason+. But they alone are not worth €20/month.
I don't like when people who have invested more than others gets the same as others. That's just communistic bullsh*t. There should be an incentive for the most loyal customers. It feels like Reason Studios are just making up their business plan as they go, and in this case, copying PreSonus Sphere from the ground and up, more or less. Similar to Google they are just killing off products randomly. The Suite is dead, the Reward program you can say is dead as well.
I am fine with the communistic bullshit. They, those who sub (bless their hearts), will be financing our product. I love it. I hope it is a huge success because it will benefit us perpetuals the most.

orthodox
RE Developer

30 Jan 2021

starflakeprj wrote:
30 Jan 2021
I don't like when people who have invested more than others gets the same as others. That's just communistic bullsh*t. There should be an incentive for the most loyal customers.
That's not an investment, that's a closed purchase deal. They no longer owe anything to anyone. And now they are selling a new product for a flat price.

Billy+

30 Jan 2021

Guys I think you're off topic the original poster ask a very simple question that I feel I have answered in a fair and reasonable manner.

There are always going to be pros & cons in any economic system, be that communist or capitalist but that is not the question being asked here.

Maybe you should continue the discussion in the chaos thread :- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521443

BRIGGS

30 Jan 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
30 Jan 2021
moneykube wrote:
29 Jan 2021
I gotta say, I demo'd Mutator and at first I didn't get it. But it's a slow burner. Step sequence something in PolyStep, record it into Mutator, bypass PolyStep, smash the mutate button until something sounds cool, sequence in a new slow PolyStep pattern that controls root note changes and you've got this whole new thing going on. It's actually a super inspiring device.
It really shines when used with other players. :thumbs_up:
r11s

bxbrkrz

30 Jan 2021

Dave Beep wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Weekly soundpacks only?
The value of + can only go up for us, Suite owners in the future, but not right now. Reason 11 was adding little value from 10, but Suite? Great for me, not so great for others.
One major point of + (for some people) is collaboration. My friend has Intro. It is hard to collab together, unless I create stems, Dr Octorex loops, etc.
Reason+ is fine, if you need it. Once RS makes it amazing to me, then I may sub to it one day.

I keep an open mind, but a barely opened wallet.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

FrankJaeger

30 Jan 2021

I don't personally think there is any benefit for suite owners. I have suite and love it for the most part and I already have a subscription to sounds.com (Native Instruments' version of splice) which I have gotten a surprising amount of quality content from on the cheap. These two together basically make up what you're getting with Reason+. I have enough REs and the few that I do still want I'd rather buy outright when I have the cash. I feel like it's more beneficial to learn the ones that I have through and through and attempt to master them rather than downloading to my hearts content and never fully realizing each one's potential. There IS such a thing as "too many options" where creativity takes the backseat due to an abundance; a lesson I learned the frustrating way.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2021

Very happy I bought the Suite. Makes the subscription even less appealing, which is a good thing because I hate subscriptions. Now I already have almost everything Reason+ has to offer.

• Information