Turn on/off Reason+ subscription?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dannyF

29 Jan 2021

Can I turn off/on my subscription?

Ie, subscribe for one month ( turn off ). Wait 2 months ( turn on ). Then turn ( off ) ?

this would be the only way I would consider it.

Heigen5

29 Jan 2021

You can cancel anytime I think. I assume that when you have paid for a month then it just lasts for 1 month. If you cancel, you can get back to it later on again.

DaveyG

29 Jan 2021

I think they already said "no" to that question. Might be in their FAQ.
You have to start a new sub each time but you can keep the same account.

dannyF

29 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2021
So confusing answer. likely one would have to go through some red tape to cancel a subscription then?.

Ie they probably won't make it easy/simple to cancel.

1reasonable

29 Jan 2021

dannyF wrote:
29 Jan 2021
DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2021
So confusing answer. likely one would have to go through some red tape to cancel a subscription then?.

Ie they probably won't make it easy/simple to cancel.
A bit like Sky! :lol:
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

DaveyG

29 Jan 2021

From their FAQ:

Can I cancel my Reason+ subscription at any time?
You can cancel your monthly subscription at any time, with one-click, here. Note, though, that any remaining period of a subscription will not be refunded.
Yearly subscriptions can be cancelled within 30 days of payment, for a full refund. Cancelling a yearly subscription after 30 days of payment won't be refunded.
For more details, please refer to our Reason+ cancellation and refunds policy.

Can I pause my Reason+ subscription?
We do not currently support pausing subscriptions, but we are looking into this. If your subscription expires, you must create a new subscription but you do not need to create a new account.

jamespember
Reason Studios

31 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2021
From their FAQ:

You can cancel your monthly subscription at any time, with one-click, here. Note, though, that any remaining period of a subscription will not be refunded.
Yearly subscriptions can be cancelled within 30 days of payment, for a full refund. Cancelling a yearly subscription after 30 days of payment won't be refunded.

We do not currently support pausing subscriptions, but we are looking into this. If your subscription expires, you must create a new subscription but you do not need to create a new account.
I should clarify. So for all intents and purposes you can pause. Cancelling is a one click process (from reasonstudios.com/plus). Re-activating your sub simply requires entering your billing details again as you cannot have a second trial. So it should be pretty simple and you lose nothing in terms of your account when you cancel and resub.

plesio

31 Jan 2021

I had to deauthorize my PC to make R+ work.
This means REASON only works online.
But the CodeMeter thing is still active.

I tried this:
Went offline and REASON works with my Ignition Key as R11 Suite.
Going online it is R+ again immediately.

That is some kind of switching between R+ and R11 Suite, I think.
But without harming any subscription and with IKey only, I suppose.
:reason: R11 Suite & R+, what else. I just love it. https://soundcloud.com/user-543016572
Ultimate mixing noob with medical certified lowpass at 9,6 kHz :(
Music is that certain noise you can remember three minutes later...and vice versa.

DaveyG

31 Jan 2021

jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021
DaveyG wrote:
29 Jan 2021
From their FAQ:

I should clarify. So for all intents and purposes you can pause. Cancelling is a one click process (from reasonstudios.com/plus). Re-activating your sub simply requires entering your billing details again as you cannot have a second trial. So it should be pretty simple and you lose nothing in terms of your account when you cancel and resub.
Except you lose all of the remaining time you have paid for. So if you cancel an annual subscription after 6 months you don't get the remaining 6 months refunded - you just lose it. A true pause freezes the account so, for example, if you pause after 6 months then fire it back up 3 months after that there are 6 months remaining on the account. The only way the current Reason+ subscription behaves like a pause is if you are very careful to make the "pause" date match the monthly or annual renewal day.

buddard
RE Developer

31 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Except you lose all of the remaining time you have paid for. So if you cancel an annual subscription after 6 months you don't get the remaining 6 months refunded - you just lose it. A true pause freezes the account so, for example, if you pause after 6 months then fire it back up 3 months after that there are 6 months remaining on the account. The only way the current Reason+ subscription behaves like a pause is if you are very careful to make the "pause" date match the monthly or annual renewal day.
In that respect, I guess it's the same as any other subscription service? If you plan to pause frequently, it might be more convenient for you to have a monthly subscription. Like the on again/off again relationship many of us are having with Netflix and HBO.

I know that right now it's a special situation for regular Reason owners since the 50% discount only applies to the annual subscription.
But we are also more likely to be using Reason constantly, I think.

Also it depends a bit on when the cancellation will take effect: Immediately, or at the end of the current subscription period? I'm guessing the latter (since that's what you already payed for), but it's better to ask Reason Studios, of course.

jamespember
Reason Studios

31 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021
jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021

Right, that would be a true pause feature. Which we can consider adding for sure if enough people think that’d be valuable. Also, if you cancel today you can access everything for the remainder of the period, if that wasn’t clear.

jamespember
Reason Studios

31 Jan 2021

buddard wrote:
31 Jan 2021
DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021
In that respect, I guess it's the same as any other subscription service? If you plan to pause frequently, it might be more convenient for you to have a monthly subscription. Like the on again/off again relationship many of us are having with Netflix and HBO.

I know that right now it's a special situation for regular Reason owners since the 50% discount only applies to the annual subscription.
But we are also more likely to be using Reason constantly, I think.

Also it depends a bit on when the cancellation will take effect: Immediately, or at the end of the current subscription period? I'm guessing the latter (since that's what you already payed for), but it's better to ask Reason Studios, of course.
The latter yes, even if you cancel, your subscription is still active until the end of the current period (month or year).

DaveyG

31 Jan 2021

jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021
DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021

Right, that would be a true pause feature. Which we can consider adding for sure if enough people think that’d be valuable. Also, if you cancel today you can access everything for the remainder of the period, if that wasn’t clear.
That absolutely was not clear so you really need to reword that FAQ.

And well done for coming back to the site to continue answering questions and clarifying stuff. I was a bit worried we'd done you in on launch day. My pitchfork is safely back in the shed for now but it's ready for action should Reason 12 not please!

jamespember
Reason Studios

31 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021
jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021

And well done for coming back to the site to continue answering questions and clarifying stuff. I was a bit worried we'd done you in on launch day. My pitchfork is safely back in the shed for now but it's ready for action should Reason 12 not please!
Haha! Don’t worry, I have been releasing products for many years, I have some thick skin :) We’ll try clarify the FAQ and we have discussed a “true pause” feature. I’ll keep you in the loop.

Loque

31 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021
jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021

And he is working on Sundays :shock:
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

31 Jan 2021

The more details that emerge about the Reason+ model the more it looks like they did not think things through properly.

It screams 'work in progress' rather than a fully fledged alternative.
Tend the flame

motuscott

31 Jan 2021

jamespember wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Haha! Don’t worry, I have been releasing products for many years, I have some thick skin :) We’ll try clarify the FAQ and we have discussed a “true pause” feature. I’ll keep you in the loop.
Thank you for clarifying Jamespember
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

DaveyG

31 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
31 Jan 2021
DaveyG wrote:
31 Jan 2021

That's because my pitchfork keeps him motivated. Maybe I was a bit hasty in putting it back in the shed. :lol:

nickb523
RE Developer

31 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Yup, the guy is a trooper. We were still chatting about sound packs at 20:15 on Friday night which was super reassuring.

On topic -

At the moment pausing R+ works a bit like XBox Game Pass. You just cancel your sub for however long you need and then re-sub again when you want to jump in. The addition of a dedicated pause button would be very consumer friendly, I'm not aware of any other services that handle breaks in that manner so the addition would be a very positive inclusion.

• Information