What will high-res Reason include?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Which of those features you think will be in high-res upgrade

High-res assets (bitmaps)
21%
Textured vector graphics
11%
GPU acceleration
19%
Independent GUI scaling (like Bitwig, Live or FL can be 150% when Windows is 200%)
13%
Ability to arrange work areas (sequencer, rack, mixer) whatever we want on 1 screen
6%
Ability to independently scale individual work areas (e.g. sequencer at 150%, rack at 100%)
5%
Up-sized tiny GUI elements (e.g. triangle "buttons" on tracks or devices)
8%
Multi-touch compatibility
3%
Added bar/strip with custom commands for touch operation w/o using menus (copy/paste, undo/redo, etc.)
2%
Ability to scale DPI-unaware plugins (NI, Waves, etc.)
6%
Integration of VST GUIs into the Rack
7%

Total votes: 248
bangaio

27 Feb 2021

I would love it if I could see a device and only the device when I want to like other solutions and only see the rack when I want to. I’m thinking about the grid in bitwig here. Most of the time I want to see the instrument only and not the whole rack but instead my screen is taken up with the whole rack which wastes space.

If we could have the sequencer as the main view with an easy panel of tools in the same window - no f8 menu!!! 1 the mixer view can swap in or be pulled down and then I select an instrument in the mixer or the sequencer and up it pops or an effect and then somewhere there is a rack button and up it all pops. In hit res that would do me just fine.

Oh and a browser like bitwig. Please.

RoryM0

27 Feb 2021

bangaio wrote:
27 Feb 2021
I would love it if I could see a device and only the device when I want to like other solutions and only see the rack when I want to. I’m thinking about the grid in bitwig here. Most of the time I want to see the instrument only and not the whole rack but instead my screen is taken up with the whole rack which wastes space.

If we could have the sequencer as the main view with an easy panel of tools in the same window - no f8 menu!!! 1 the mixer view can swap in or be pulled down and then I select an instrument in the mixer or the sequencer and up it pops or an effect and then somewhere there is a rack button and up it all pops. In hit res that would do me just fine.

Oh and a browser like bitwig. Please.
Would be great to see perhaps a window option for opening a single device, not unlike opening a VST window in the rack right now. But I guess there might be issues with then flipping the rack in this windowed state.... Perhaps flipping would just be disabled in this view? Interesting.

bangaio

27 Feb 2021

I’d take not flipping the rack most of the time o want a device open and want to edit something and then close it like a VST.

guitfnky

27 Feb 2021

Mike B wrote:
26 Feb 2021
guitfnky wrote:
25 Feb 2021
I realize there are four that are must-haves for me now, which Reason doesn’t have, and a boatload more that aren’t dealbreakers, but are sorely missed.
Which are ?
the in-sequencer probability and velocity ranges are what got me on board. the linked clip editing for has already proven invaluable for editing multi-mic drum recordings—the ability to do this for warping and with take lanes is going to be a godsend for band recordings. being able to auto-punch again is something I wanted, but hadn't realized how much I'd been missing. beyond that—markers, track groups, per-track notes/comments, proper track freeze, smart one-to-many/many-to-one routing options that don't require manual wiring using splitters...I know I'm forgetting a lot right now, but those are the big ones.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Mike B

27 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Mike B wrote:
26 Feb 2021

Which are ?
the in-sequencer probability and velocity ranges are what got me on board. the linked clip editing for has already proven invaluable for editing multi-mic drum recordings—the ability to do this for warping and with take lanes is going to be a godsend for band recordings. being able to auto-punch again is something I wanted, but hadn't realized how much I'd been missing. beyond that—markers, track groups, per-track notes/comments, proper track freeze, smart one-to-many/many-to-one routing options that don't require manual wiring using splitters...I know I'm forgetting a lot right now, but those are the big ones.
Indeed those are mandatory functionalities for a modern DAW. The one to many/many to one routing option you are mentioning is such a time-saver.

WasteLand

27 Feb 2021

the biggest thing for me is the rack, resize the RE's/instruments/effects etc.

i don't have 4K screens, i doubt i will buy them in the future, i work with two 1920*1080 screens and one 1440*900 (will be upgraded to a slightly bigger resolution, when i found a cable somewhere here..).

one of these screens is a touchscreen; 1920*1080, reason works with a touchscreen, but bigger knobs, bigger gui is preferable.

so do only go for hi-res, and not resizing????
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

• Information