Win 10 Reason 11 audio drop outs. Grrrrr!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SquallyMaelstrom

26 Jan 2021

Hello all,

New to the forum, long time user newly updated to version 11.

I've got a truly maddening issue. My audio drop outs for one second at a time randomly. I have only reason 11 open, 8gb ram, external Roland Quad capture. I've tried updating drivers with no success. It's making me crazy. I play live, so it's killing me.

Help!

That Guy

ulaw

27 Jan 2021

To fix this, open "Quad Capture Control Panel' Go to Driver>Driver Settings and set your audio buffer size to 8. Save. Exit. Enjoy dropout free audio while working in Reason.

ShelLuser

27 Jan 2021

SquallyMaelstrom wrote:
26 Jan 2021
Help!
What makes you think this is a Reason issue in the first place? You're not giving us much to go on, what happens if you set up Reaper and use some VST's in there? Same sound issues?
--- :reason:

kuhliloach

27 Jan 2021

Windows is not a suitable OS for audio because Microsoft never developed a professional audio driver to compete with Apple's stock Core Audio, which was released in 2003. To make matters worse Windows 10 introduces all kinds of new audio problems that didn't exist in Windows 7.

SquallyMaelstrom

27 Jan 2021

Hey all,

ulaw was correct. I played with various settings and found it to be in my Roland interface driver settings. I upped my buffer size to 512 samples and it cleared the problem right up. Latency hasn't become and issue. I'd have to agree with kuhlioach about windows. It's just not a solid OS in general. Far too resource heavy, and bulky. I'd rather be on Debian.

NostraDAWmus

27 Jan 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Windows is not a suitable OS for audio because Microsoft never developed a professional audio driver to compete with Apple's stock Core Audio, which was released in 2003. To make matters worse Windows 10 introduces all kinds of new audio problems that didn't exist in Windows 7.
:thumbup:

QFT !

P.

• Information