Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
368
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
48
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
39
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
10
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
32
6%
 
Total votes: 497
User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2669
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 06 Mar 2021

WOO wrote:
06 Mar 2021

Yea I remember being certain that for its 20th anniversary reason was going to release a revolutionary new program that would include everything that makes reason special ...
Isn't that what R+ is? :thumbup:
---

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1691
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 07 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Aosta wrote:
24 Feb 2021
I've had a growing feeling over the last couple of versions that for whatever reason they lack the ability to fully move the software forward in it's functionality and instead are pumping out shiny objects to calm the customers.
Sorry for the late reply, totally agree there could be something inherently wrong in the coding that has prevented development of the sequencer!
I have also wondered about this. That it's flawed at its core.
But there was a break of sorts between 10-11. You can run both versions in parallel. So maybe that's the way forward. A break which would mean that you'd lose back compatibility but with the option of porting projects over manually via copy paste and patches and so forth.
I wouldn't mind that so long as the options are there to do so. It would mean another work around but we're used to that round here.
If it gets us a decent sequencer it might be worth the hassle, no?
You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2075
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 07 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Jagwah wrote:
05 Mar 2021


Sorry for the late reply, totally agree there could be something inherently wrong in the coding that has prevented development of the sequencer!
I admit I'm a dreamer, but at one point (exactly because of what you say above) I decided that the truly best path forward, although one I doubt we'll ever see, is to basically redesign the DAW and approach the current version of Reason as a plugin or series of plugins for the main DAW. That way they could start from scratch with the sequencer/mixer using with a scalable interface and at the same time more easily add all the base line features we expect, while still retaining backwards file compatibility with existing Reason files.
Along those lines, one solution is to treat the current SSL mixer like the old 14:2 mixer was treated in the move from Reason to Record. The SSL would thus act as a sub mixer wrapped by a larger//newer and more flexible mixer with interchangeable channels from SSL to Neve to API to Trident to Sphere to Harrison to MCI - you get the idea…
You could alternatively make the current files open directly into the new mixer using the SSL channels as the default channel.

Maybe that's been part of the plan all along - to move Reason to being thought of more as a Plugin, and THEN to create a new and more modernforward looking DAW.
Yea, what have I been smoking, I know. I'm a dreamer and I never said otherwise.
That sounds great, anything would if it could move the software forward instead of just rack devices. Then again, they did add transient slicing and pitch correction among other things to the sequencer, keeps me in two minds about the whole thing. Some clarification from Props would be great, but if there is some inherent problem - probably best only they know about it $$ :twisted: $$

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2075
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 07 Mar 2021

plaamook wrote:
07 Mar 2021
I have also wondered about this. That it's flawed at its core.
All roads are leading to this conclusion. People have been saying it for a very long time. Just the other day Mattias was quoted on KVR saying Reason is a rack device program or some bollox to that effect, that's just lovely to hear. :thumbdown:

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1691
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 07 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
07 Mar 2021
plaamook wrote:
07 Mar 2021
I have also wondered about this. That it's flawed at its core.
All roads are leading to this conclusion. People have been saying it for a very long time. Just the other day Mattias was quoted on KVR saying Reason is a rack device program or some bollox to that effect, that's just lovely to hear. :thumbdown:
Yeah I saw somthing about that.
But still, fantasy or not, props stand the best chance of advancing things. RRP isn’t the solution. Not in its current form anyway. And porting projects to smother daw? That’s too much.
You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2781
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 10 Mar 2021

moneykube wrote:
05 Mar 2021
Authorizations are screwing up through the site causing multiple times of licences being written... an updated rack will only work on my authorized computer with the dongle... I wish they would straighten out these server messes ! Server problems always happen on the weekend when they are away... this is getting highly annoying :thumbs_down:
It won't let me authorize using sync all ... man I thought it was the version of reason and went back to 11.3.6... yet this crap happens again without companion indicating they AGAIN are have server issues. Nothing has changed here other then turn2 on updated a rack to 2,0 and the last predator update... neither bought racks work off line without the licence key !(authorized predator 2 days ago and turn2 on >Catalyst Multimode Filter 2.0.0 today... tried multiple browsers to sync my purchased racks to this computer. :cry: Authorizing my computer was never a problem before the new service was introduced... and this issue has wasted much of my time! FIX the server weekend quirks please ! At one point it said I had to authorize my racks on line but when I click ok... it fails.(could not connect to server- yet ignition key can? wtf) The only way to use the two racks is to use the ignition key, they say they are dropping support for. ( a not a very well thought out decision imo)
Countless weekends have had the server malfunction in my many years of using Reason... why is this so difficult?
Has this fixed your licensing issues :- Added retry option when Rack Extension license download fails

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7522221
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: AttenuationHz, CommonCrawl [Bot], integerpoet, Jackjackdaw, Melody303, Noiserunner, olive6741, Pepin and 7 guests