Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
gbuck

24 Feb 2021

So I should uninstall version 11.3.8 and reinstall 11.3.5 to remove the memory bug?
Thanks in advance, Gary

moneykube

24 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
So I should uninstall version 11.3.8 and reinstall 11.3.5 to remove the memory bug?
Thanks in advance, Gary
going to check it tonight if I have time... I hope so
if not I guess I will try 11.3.4
Last edited by moneykube on 24 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

24 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
Thanks in advance, Gary
This is unconfirmed - moneykube will report back once he has tested!

The fact is nobody knows at the moment.

gbuck

24 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Feb 2021
gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
Thanks in advance, Gary
This is unconfirmed - moneykube will report back once he has tested!

The fact is nobody knows at the moment.
Great!
Hey, if this works out why don't we all get together and buy out Reason Studios and fix it up and add all the things it needs? :P

Billy+

24 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021

Great!
Hey, if this works out why don't we all get together and buy out Reason Studios and fix it up and add all the things it needs? :P
Have you got an figures for a viable takeover bid

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
It's a private LLC, you can't buy it. Why won't you start your business and add all the things you need.

gbuck

24 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
24 Feb 2021
gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
It's a private LLC, you can't buy it. Why won't you start your business and add all the things you need.
Alright, joking aside, I'll keep quiet now...

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Feb 2021

gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
Alright, joking aside, I'll keep quiet now...
My bad, I just get too upset when customers feel they're taking over :-)

certifiedbeatz

24 Feb 2021

Not sure if there is a date for offline access if subscribing to reason + have been announced.. I know the trial is until April I might give it a go if offline is available since my DAW workstation is 99% offline..

moneykube

25 Feb 2021

As promised my report>>>>reason 11.3.5 appears to have the ram eating bug as well... therefore , I installed reason suite 11.3.6 since with reason 11.3.5 I could not continue a beta test of a a rack , and could not open a saved song without the message that a sound bank was missing and reason asking me to register what has been authorized on computer and on dongle... when I tried to register again the site was coming up with a 505 error... ( yet if I opened reason and then the file, there was no problem... very weird )At any rate... I no longer have to license reason racks every time I open the program... so... a small step forward.... companion was causing this in my opinion. Decided to live with the ram eating bug for now... did not try any versions before reason 11.3.5 as this took most of my night... I'm done mucking around... I hope one day soon they fix the ram eating bug... and all the other bugs that popped up in reason 11.3.7 and reason 11.3.8... in the meantime I will stay with 11.3.6 suite.
gbuck wrote:
24 Feb 2021
Great!
PS... I will again offer all my reward points for ownership of the company... perhaps we can all add up our reward points we are not using for this venture... lol :lol:

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2021

One quick question - I'm sure this would have been already answered at least once. But I'm not trawling through 90+ pages to find out!

I'm upgraded as far as R10 and have a bunch of RS RE's / Players. I subscribe and get everything up until now (including Algoritm I assume).

What happens if I cancel - Am I downgraded back to R10 and whatever devices I'd purchased prior to subscribing?

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2021
One quick question - I'm sure this would have been already answered at least once. But I'm not trawling through 90+ pages to find out!

I'm upgraded as far as R10 and have a bunch of RS RE's / Players. I subscribe and get everything up until now (including Algoritm I assume).

What happens if I cancel - Am I downgraded back to R10 and whatever devices I'd purchased prior to subscribing?
Yes exactly. When you cancel a subscription, you roll back to whatever you currently own. This of course includes licenses you may purchase during a subscription too. Anything you own, you own!

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Yes if you cancel your subscription you revert to what you actually own!
You don't own anything when subscribing you are just renting it never ever will you own it.....

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Yes exactly. When you cancel a subscription, you roll back to whatever you currently own. This of course includes licenses you may purchase during a subscription too. Anything you own, you own!
That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Existing users get a discount don't they? How do they get this? I seem to recall getting an email. But it's long gone now!!

EDIT: scrub that. Found info here - https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 0019069760

EDIT EDIT: Actually the question I initially asked is answered on that page as well! :thumbs_up:

jamespember
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
25 Feb 2021

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Existing users get a discount don't they? How do they get this? I seem to recall getting an email. But it's long gone now!!

EDIT: scrub that. Found info here - https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... 0019069760

EDIT EDIT: Actually the question I initially asked is answered on that page as well! :thumbs_up:
:thumbs_up: Yep, let me know if you run into any problems/issues.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
25 Feb 2021
As promised my report>>>>reason 11.3.5 appears to have the ram eating bug as well...

That's unfortunate, I take it you're not going to try any lower version?

Shame the thread got locked as it can't be updated to reflect your findings!

Still it's looking like 11 in general has the bug.....

moneykube

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
25 Feb 2021
As promised my report>>>>reason 11.3.5 appears to have the ram eating bug as well...

That's unfortunate, I take it you're not going to try any lower version?

Shame the thread got locked as it can't be updated to reflect your findings!

Still it's looking like 11 in general has the bug.....
not locked yet... decided reason 11.3.5 was as far back as I would try...it introduced a few other problems for some reason(perhaps because I did not have a suite download and tried the regular download?)... so decide on 11.3.6 which someone posted as a suite download> hey whoever you are... thank you. 11.3.6 at least solved the licensing issue that was happening every time I opened reason. Perhaps it also solved some of the other bugs people were mentioning in other threads... took awhile to try and check, so I just made sure all was working, and that I could work offline again as it used to be before 11.3.7 and 8 :thumbs_up: :puf_wink: Up until now I read notes on updates before updating... from now on I will wait until others try the update fixes coming , if indeed anymore fixes are coming before 12 drops. Now I can get back at music again :clap: :thumbs_up: Bought the Arturia v8 bundle to go with my Arturia controller... some cool synths in that upgrade... got it for 100 off the bundle.... if one was to buy the synths individually they were 200 a pop... so in the end I saved some money on that bundle. I like what I see so far. With all my racks and the bundle, I have synths forever( and more)

Adabler
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

When will the links to the RE subscription return to my account? It is a little tedious to have to add a RE to access it. I understand it would probably have been confusing with links to the RE subscription during the launch of R+, but it's been at least a little while since launch now. Would love to see easier access to RE subs some time soon.

Edit: Weird. I just updated the subscription, and now it has returned to my account again. So to answer my own question: 17:30, 25.02.21.
Last edited by Adabler on 25 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

joeyluck

25 Feb 2021

Adabler wrote:
25 Feb 2021
When will the links to the RE subscription return to my account? It is a little tedious to have to add a RE to access it. I understand it would probably have been confusing with links to the RE subscription during the launch of R+, but it's been at least a little while since launch now. Would love to see easier access to RE subs some time soon.
Do you mean this link?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/subscription/

It's also a tab when viewing your products in your account.

Adabler
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Do you mean this link?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/subscription/

It's also a tab when viewing your products in your account.
Yes! I swear that wasn't in my account before I updated the subscription, but it's there now and I guess that link would have work the whole time too, but I couldn't find it. Ah well, thanks anyway! :oops:
:reason: 12, Win10

Catblack

25 Feb 2021

Melody303 wrote:
23 Feb 2021
I still want the shop link to return to its prominence instead of being relegated to the bottom of the page. They need to stop discouraging the 3rd party developers.
That this hasn't been fixed immediately is cause for huge concern.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

RoryM0

25 Feb 2021

Catblack wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Melody303 wrote:
23 Feb 2021
I still want the shop link to return to its prominence instead of being relegated to the bottom of the page. They need to stop discouraging the 3rd party developers.
That this hasn't been fixed immediately is cause for huge concern.
I'm not expecting RS landing page UI design to change again until R12 releases. Which I suspect/hope will be just after the end of the Reason+ 50% offer for existing users.

GRIFTY

25 Feb 2021

Don't follow reason anymore so I've only just heard about this update but my take: shit sucks just as bad as the last five years of reason updates have. See you guys the next time reason drops some shit corporate SAAS bullshit & tries to market it as a benefit to long time users

rgdaniel

25 Feb 2021

GRIFTY wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Don't follow reason anymore so I've only just heard about this update but my take: shit sucks just as bad as the last five years of reason updates have. See you guys the next time reason drops some shit corporate SAAS bullshit & tries to market it as a benefit to long time users
We'll look forward to your insights at that time.

EnochLight

25 Feb 2021

GRIFTY wrote:
25 Feb 2021
:roll:

LOL!! So you seriously took the effort to post about something you don't follow anymore? Man, I wish I had that kind of time. :lol:
rgdaniel wrote:
25 Feb 2021
We'll look forward to your insights at that time.
Indeed - I'm sure they'll be riveting.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information