Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
367
75%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
46
9%
I will try it and consider subscribing
38
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
10
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
27
6%
 
Total votes: 488
User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Do you need to put credit card details in to trial Reason plus?
Sign up and let us know! ;)
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Do you need to put credit card details in to trial Reason plus?
EnochLight wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Sign up and let us know! ;)
Image
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

Image
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

Arjanders
Posts: 128
Joined: 30 May 2019

Post 20 Feb 2021

The five Kubler-Ross stages of grief of Reason Talk:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. GIF's

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2170
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

Arjanders wrote:
20 Feb 2021
The five Kubler-Ross stages of grief of Reason Talk:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. GIF's
6. Caving in
---

User avatar
WillyOD
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 20 Feb 2021

Mods can delete this post (as I'm sure they will, but hopefully someone reads this before that), didn't feel like creating a new thread and this is a bit off-topic.

I just realized the main problem here on these forums:
It's not people caring about Reason "complaining". (Not every complaint or request is an attack that a moderator has to immediately step in and defend.)

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)

Just my thoughts and once again taking a step back from these forums and hopefully get into exploring the Suite.

Sorry for this but I think I'm super right and felt like posting it after finally realizing why I'm not comfortable hanging around these forums anymore. It used to be for knowledge but now... it's just mods praising 99% of Reason Studios' decisions (and memes) and I haven't learned or read much interesting stuff here lately.

Selig feels like the only true moderator here, and I'm not sure if he's even mod anymore (or has ever been)
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2655
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Mods can delete this post (as I'm sure they will, but hopefully someone reads this before that), didn't feel like creating a new thread and this is a bit off-topic.

I just realized the main problem here on these forums:
It's not people caring about Reason "complaining". (Not every complaint or request is an attack that a moderator has to immediately step in and defend.)

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)

Just my thoughts and once again taking a step back from these forums and hopefully get into exploring the Suite.

Sorry for this but I think I'm super right and felt like posting it after finally realizing why I'm not comfortable hanging around these forums anymore. It used to be for knowledge but now... it's just mods praising 99% of Reason Studios' decisions (and memes) and I haven't learned or read much interesting stuff here lately.

Selig feels like the only true moderator here, and I'm not sure if he's even mod anymore (or has ever been)
AGREED ! They will need to delete this post as well.The subscription service isn't the issue. it is all the bugs that have been introduced to reason since they stopped focusing on the DAW to make money on the subscription service ! What are we up to now? At least 5 confirmed bugs by multiple users... somehow this is ok? I came here for knowledge from users of reason, updates on products, and in the process made a number of friends here that I collaborate with.I agree that this forum has lost it's focus.SMH >>>> IT IS TIME FOR RS to get it together !!!!
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
A Once Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 2624
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Mods can delete this post (as I'm sure they will, but hopefully someone reads this before that), didn't feel like creating a new thread and this is a bit off-topic.

I just realized the main problem here on these forums:
It's not people caring about Reason "complaining". (Not every complaint or request is an attack that a moderator has to immediately step in and defend.)

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)

Just my thoughts and once again taking a step back from these forums and hopefully get into exploring the Suite.

Sorry for this but I think I'm super right and felt like posting it after finally realizing why I'm not comfortable hanging around these forums anymore. It used to be for knowledge but now... it's just mods praising 99% of Reason Studios' decisions (and memes) and I haven't learned or read much interesting stuff here lately.

Selig feels like the only true moderator here, and I'm not sure if he's even mod anymore (or has ever been)
There’s a perception issue here. As has been stated many times. Mods are users. A difference of opinion here is not moderation, it’s just user participation. We don’t get paid (it’s a volunteer gig), can’t participate in challenges, spend a lot of time cleaning up spam so you guys don’t see it, keep drama and toxicity to a minimum, and you want mods to not post... why would we come here at all?

There is no rule to say our opinions regarding Reason are law, you’re free to disagree, so no ones being “force fed” anything. We’re Reason users just like everyone else here. Our opinions are all our own (independent of each other) and not representative of Reason Studios. Any defense of Reason is because this is a Reason fan site - we’re fans.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 20 Feb 2021

I see your knocking
EnochLight wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Image
And play my joker

Image
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 891
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021

It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.
they are users just like you and me and the reason some of them become mods is simply because they spent a lot of their time here, so they become a opiouse candidate to becoming a mod

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2021
It's that the moderators seem to have a need to be part of *EVERY* discussion. About every third or fourth post in about every thread is by a moderator. I think there are MANY moments when the mods should just take a step back and have the "regular" forum users have a discussion.

I don't want a mod stepping in and defending Reason Studios like they're on the payroll. I want to have a discussion with other Reason users. I don't want everyone agreeing me but I don't want to be force-fed opinions. This happens a lot especially with few mods (you can probably identify yourselves from reading this, hopefully...)
moneykube wrote:
20 Feb 2021
AGREED ! They will need to delete this post as well.
QVprod said it most eloquently:
QVprod wrote:
20 Feb 2021
There’s a perception issue here. As has been stated many times. Mods are users. A difference of opinion here is not moderation, it’s just user participation. We don’t get paid (it’s a volunteer gig), can’t participate in challenges, spend a lot of time cleaning up spam so you guys don’t see it, keep drama and toxicity to a minimum, and you want mods to not post... why would we come here at all?

There is no rule to say our opinions regarding Reason are law, you’re free to disagree, so no ones being “force fed” anything. We’re Reason users just like everyone else here. Our opinions are all our own (independent of each other) and not representative of Reason Studios. Any defense of Reason is because this is a Reason fan site - we’re fans.
^^ THIS X1000 ^^

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp by some people. Yeah we're mods, but we're users and fans first and foremost just like every one of you. Seeing as how some seem so misled to believe they're being censored, it seems strange you'd want us to be censored.

Anyway, can we please keep this thread on topic? Air your grievances with mods or how this place is moderated via PM to us. Thanks.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 22 Feb 2021

All done?

Image

:lol:
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

stp2015
Posts: 311
Joined: 02 Feb 2016

Post 22 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
20 Feb 2021
^^ THIS X1000 ^^
Not sure why this is so hard to grasp by some people. Yeah we're mods, but we're users and fans first and foremost just like every one of you. Seeing as how some seem so misled to believe they're being censored, it seems strange you'd want us to be censored.

Anyway, can we please keep this thread on topic? Air your grievances with mods or how this place is moderated via PM to us. Thanks.

I want to chime in on this. I do not always agree with the Mods and the way some of them phrase their opinions on this board. Sometimes I disagree very strongly :lol:

However, as long as they do not actually censor others when there is disagreement, I don't see a fundamental issue. Problems start when mods abuse their power, but I have not really seen any evidence for that.

The only grievance I have with the post I am quoting here is the last sentence. The request to air grievances via PM. This is not ok. Everyone should be able to complain about the behavior of mods in "public", not just in PMs. There should probably be a dedicated place for this, maybe a sticky. One could argue as usual in threads, but if the argument becomes to "meta" and might derail a thread completely, you go to the sticky and voice your concern about mod behavior there. Or do we already have sticky for that?

Arjanders
Posts: 128
Joined: 30 May 2019

Post 22 Feb 2021

avasopht wrote:
20 Feb 2021
Arjanders wrote:
20 Feb 2021
The five Kubler-Ross stages of grief of Reason Talk:

1. denial
2. anger
3. bargaining
4. depression
5. GIF's
6. Caving in
7. canalise anger to mods

DaveyG
Posts: 664
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 22 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?
I think it's now acceptable again because he's no longer president.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 22 Feb 2021

IMG_2175.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

OK, last chance for us to get this back on topic. Maybe it's time to put this thread out to pasture and lock it?
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 22 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
22 Feb 2021
OK, last chance for us to get this back on topic. Maybe it's time to put this thread out to pasture and lock it?
Let's start again
Delete it all :thumbs_up:
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
22 Feb 2021
OK, last chance for us to get this back on topic. Maybe it's time to put this thread out to pasture and lock it?
Maybe. It's a hugely controversial thing Reason Studios have rolled out. But I think everything must have been said by now. If anything changes it will resurface again. I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't become the only way and if they do keep developing the platform as they say they will. I'd imagine most people feel more or less the same on those points. Case closed :clap:

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3033
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

I think we should have 92 pages of debate on whether the thread should be locked, and then it should be locked.

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1318
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
22 Feb 2021
OK, last chance for us to get this back on topic. Maybe it's time to put this thread out to pasture and lock it?
Why lock, just unpin it and let it sink. It has served its purpose as a dust collector, nobody seems to have had anything to say of late.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
22 Feb 2021
EnochLight wrote:
22 Feb 2021
OK, last chance for us to get this back on topic. Maybe it's time to put this thread out to pasture and lock it?
Why lock, just unpin it and let it sink. It has served its purpose as a dust collector, nobody seems to have had anything to say of late.
That’s not a bad idea actually.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3033
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

ha, this thread was pinned? why? :lol:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8063
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 22 Feb 2021

Lol it's only pinned because we always keep pinned the latest update. So when this next bug fix update is released, it will get pinned and this thread can (maybe) fade away.

User avatar
Melody303
Posts: 332
Joined: 18 Mar 2015

Post 23 Feb 2021

I still want the shop link to return to its prominence instead of being relegated to the bottom of the page. They need to stop discouraging the 3rd party developers.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Audiotic, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests