Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
367
75%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
46
9%
I will try it and consider subscribing
38
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
10
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
27
6%
 
Total votes: 488
User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Feb 2021

avasopht wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
17 Feb 2021
Ahh capitalist democracy vs communist society. I've lived in a democracy all my life and never got what I voted for!

What the hell does this have to do with Reason?
Well we have ...

Authorizer
Record (tracking our every move)
Polar (to polarize us)
Pulverizer (to keep the dissidents in check)

... ... all we need now is a General or a Dictator and we're good to go ;)
:clap:
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2212
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 17 Feb 2021

How many people still have new questions regarding R+?
Reaching 100 pages is slowing down.
Again.
My entertainment is not amused.
Keep it up!

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 17 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

The norm forms in the legal field as a compromise between the interests of buyers and sellers. Buyers can't force sellers to give away their products free of charge, so there are limits. In real world, the buyers don't really decide anything as they are a dispersed entity.
Of course there is a compromise on the terms of sale. A single buyer has a lot of tools to keep a seller in check. Supply and demand is pretty straightforward. A dispersed entity is when something has many owners. Sorry I'm not following, please explain what you meant.
orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021
And on democracy, it has nothing to do with capitalism.
They are not interdependent, but there couldn't have been democracy without capitalism. Democracy is expandable, it's just that the democracy+capitalism combo turned out to be the most efficient system we ever produced for both an individual and humanity as a whole. Caput is latin for "head" or "leader", it's a hierarchy of competence, not of majorities or accumulated wealth.

I really don't want to talk politics.
Reason 12 - last chance.

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1318
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 17 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
17 Feb 2021
orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

The norm forms in the legal field as a compromise between the interests of buyers and sellers. Buyers can't force sellers to give away their products free of charge, so there are limits. In real world, the buyers don't really decide anything as they are a dispersed entity.
Of course there is a compromise on the terms of sale. A single buyer has a lot of tools to keep a seller in check. Supply and demand is pretty straightforward. A dispersed entity is when something has many owners. Sorry I'm not following, please explain what you meant.
I mean the buyers are not a side capable of making collective decisions, less so than the sellers, and they can be easily manipulated. Enterprise and initiative rule, not money. So the development may go not towards the demand, but some other way favorable for businesses.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Feb 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Feb 2021
How many people still have new questions regarding R+?
Will it blend?! I don't know!

I think all possible questions must have been explored by now, surely!

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2212
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 17 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
17 Feb 2021
bxbrkrz wrote:
17 Feb 2021
How many people still have new questions regarding R+?
Will it blend?! I don't know!

I think all possible questions must have been explored by now, surely!
Feels like it. Was worried at first like all of us, Suite 11 Creatures. Now I've learned to enjoy life, day by day, in my digital Bayou :puf_smile:

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 18 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
17 Feb 2021

I mean the buyers are not a side capable of making collective decisions, less so than the sellers, and they can be easily manipulated. Enterprise and initiative rule, not money. So the development may go not towards the demand, but some other way favorable for businesses.
The development can go wherever the company pleases to take it, but if it’s perceived as “the wrong way” by a competent entity, private or legal, it can be easily punished. An individual can play stocks to his advantage to punish the establishment for mistakes - that’s just one tool. I’ll go with the textbook example of Soros sending the national bank of great britain back to school in ‘92. Competence over votes, money and even political power.
Reason 12 - last chance.

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1318
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 18 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
18 Feb 2021
The development can go wherever the company pleases to take it, but if it’s perceived as “the wrong way” by a competent entity, private or legal, it can be easily punished. An individual can play stocks to his advantage to punish the establishment for mistakes - that’s just one tool. I’ll go with the textbook example of Soros sending the national bank of great britain back to school in ‘92. Competence over votes, money and even political power.
No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 19 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2021

No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.
Competency is how closer your information is to reality than your opponent's and how well you can apply that information - that's just a function of intelligence. That's all it is.

BANK OF ENGLAND: our currency is worth this much
TRADER: not even close, try again
BANK: excuse you? it IS worth this much, it's backed by our people and our economy
TRADER: well then you lied to your people. Take it out, last warning.
BANK: you can try your worst, little trader
TRADER: does his average
BANK OF ENGLAND: leaves the building in one shoe.

When both sides can do it, and not just governments and corporations, it's called FREE MARKET, not "terrorism". That's what any "movement" on the market is - an inquiry into how much the ever-elusive current actual value correlates to perceived value.

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.
Reason 12 - last chance.

michael.jaye
Posts: 191
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post 19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.
So should I subscribe or not?

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 161
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021
orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2021

No doubt, (financial) terrorism may cause some damage, but we're never gonna bend to them, even if they call themselves 'competent' :-). They better show some constructive initiative and make something "the right way" instead of breaking things in hope of coercing others.
Competency is how closer your information is to reality than your opponent's and how well you can apply that information - that's just a function of intelligence. That's all it is.

BANK OF ENGLAND: our currency is worth this much
TRADER: not even close, try again
BANK: excuse you? it IS worth this much, it's backed by our people and our economy
TRADER: well then you lied to your people. Take it out, last warning.
BANK: you can try your worst, little trader
TRADER: does his average
BANK OF ENGLAND: leaves the building in one shoe.

When both sides can do it, and not just governments and corporations, it's called FREE MARKET, not "terrorism". That's what any "movement" on the market is - an inquiry into how much the ever-elusive current actual value correlates to perceived value.

You're allowed to stop an offender in your own house. It doesn't make you a terrorist. You're a coward and a weakling if you don't. Maybe more people should get into your house if it's just free stuff. Take a look at the whole passive-defeatist attitude displayed in the last few posts... "communism is not much different than the two fake options of democracy", and calling economically punishing the wrongdoers strictly within a correction by the market "terrorism"... This is just not a healthy outlook. It's not sustainable. Most of all, because it's not true - you can change the "available options of democracy" for the others if you don't like them so much. It's a hell of a job, but it's more than possible. There's people doing it. Just make sure you have something much better to put in place. Or DON'T do it if you're not that competitive, and just enjoy life - the society is built to accommodate that. But recognize that the tools are there for anyone to do anything and that being competitive is not a sin or a vice, but a definition of humanity, a biological trait in so much that we wiped out all competition and now it's intra-species. Better that we contain and express it in our economies.
viewforum.php?f=11

The above is a link to 'The Kitchen', which is the part of this forum where you can talk about stuff not related to Reason. Please get all this talk out of this thread and over there please.

User avatar
EdwardKiy
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Oct 2019

Post 19 Feb 2021

sorry, totally overstepped it. I'll see myself out.
Reason 12 - last chance.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
19 Feb 2021

viewforum.php?f=11

The above is a link to 'The Kitchen', which is the part of this forum where you can talk about stuff not related to Reason. Please get all this talk out of this thread and over there please.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah come on mods you've deleted and moved my post that were much more relevant than all this BS

Get in the kitchen :o
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2212
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

As long as this thread keeps growing, I am distracted from world's events. Thank you Reason+

Page 92, any time now :P

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

I'm still amazed at the numbers.

First off it's a very low amount of participation
And secondly it's never really gone below %75 against
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1318
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
19 Feb 2021
it's called FREE MARKET
OK, if you say it's a FREE MARKET (no such thing has ever existed, but nonetheless), then everybody including RS is free to do the business as they please. If you don't like something (and I'm assuming that as your primary motive), you are free to create a better or cheaper product. If you want the Reason DAW renovated, pay for that, otherwise they are urged to raise money on something else like Reason+. Or you can choose your role in this jungle as a keeper of justice and competency but that won't change anybody's behaviour, nor will it create any new value, only destroy some as a result of "punishment" if you want to impose your notion of "reality". You can shake your "competency", threaten with competition, appeal to Darwin, but there is so much more to life than competition or even profit, and in the end everybody will die wherever they are in the food chain. The reality is just who we are, not someone's picture we must fit. If we acted from the notion of that ideal efficient machine, we'd never create anything really good, like Reason (or like it had been before they started following market demands and the "competent" management).

"Thus conscience does make cowards of us all
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action"
(W.Shakespeare)
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

"oh boy oh boy oh boy"

Donald Duck

Image
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

OK fellas, let's keep this on topic (Reason updates 11.3.7 / 11.3.8 and Reason+ specifically) and put the economy and finance stuff in the kitchen. Thanks!
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1318
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?
Can he shed some light on the update and Reason+?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

orthodox wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?
Can he shed some light on the update and Reason+?
It's less about the updates and much more about the current direction of the thread!

I mean even Jerry T Cat said it best.

"Suffering Succotash"

Image
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2170
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
19 Feb 2021

So should I subscribe or not?
Well if these 92 pages have taught me anything, it's that yes, you should subscribe to Reason+, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong :clap:
---

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6819
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 19 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
Is Donald Duck quotes still acceptable?
Billy+ wrote:
19 Feb 2021
It's less about the updates and much more about the current direction of the thread!
Well you know me - I'm always down for a good meme or GIF. :lol:
avasopht wrote:
19 Feb 2021
michael.jaye wrote:
19 Feb 2021

So should I subscribe or not?
Well if these 92 pages have taught me anything, it's that yes, you should subscribe to Reason+, even if only to prove the naysayers wrong :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

That's good

Image
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1535
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 19 Feb 2021

Do you need to put credit card details in to trial Reason plus?
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Lost Dog, retreed, Trendiction [Bot] and 6 guests