Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
plaamook

09 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
09 Feb 2021
plaamook wrote:
07 Feb 2021
Transients and stretch basically. Only those two, but they're crucial!
Slice edit was one of the biggest disappointments for me. Instead of actually integrating Recycle they baked the same old work around into their own product.
:clap:
I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the beauty and depth of reverb from this slap. It was so detailed and nuanced that I could visualize the face. But this is just one of the sequencer features we asked for. Get in line.
I didn't really mean it as a slap. It's just true. I'd like em to finnish it.
That was how many versions ago? People stopped complaining about it after a while. It only props up now and again these days. Yet now we're talking about offering ReCycle stand alone to R+ subscribers?
Why not. Introduce em to the good old fashioned Reason work arounds from the start.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Luxuria

10 Feb 2021

Not phasing out perpetual Reason licenses?
Then why can't new users trial Reason for 30 days?

The only option when selecting "try it free" is the link to Reason+

Billy+

10 Feb 2021

Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021

It's the new way to trial Reason and to show case the + service content packs. You get the same 30 days to try it and you can keep your packs.....

full-of-life

10 Feb 2021

Reason+ registered on trial* for 30 days

*I've no skills to create music but paid for an expensive software vs. skills and make noise on 0 $

Art is not systemically important - I don't have anything polite to say about that.

jamespember
Reason Studios

10 Feb 2021

Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021

Just so I am following you, what is the difference here?

Reason+ is just a service that gives you access to the latest version of Reason. It's literally the exact same application you would trial anyway. This way, we just make your 30 day trial a little more exciting by giving you ALL our devices and lots of inspiring patch content to get things going. The old trial was Reason Standard and did include Suite devices. After your 30 day trial of Reason+, if you want to go buy Reason perpetually, you can do that!

Luxuria

10 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021

Reason+ is just a service that gives you access to the latest version of Reason. It's literally the exact same application you would trial anyway. This way, we just make your 30 day trial a little more exciting by giving you ALL our devices and lots of inspiring patch content to get things going. The old trial was Reason Standard and did include Suite devices. After your 30 day trial of Reason+, if you want to go buy Reason perpetually, you can do that!
Problem is James, RS is saying one thing and doing another. All your marketing is full steam ahead on Reason+

Website has went from promoting a DAW to promoting a plugin to promoting a subscription. You've taken quotes from big time producers/musicians and made it seem like they were talking about Reason+ when it's Reason they were referring to.

Completely axed Reason Intro and Reason Lite: the honest and affordable ways to get into the Reason platform.

Spent the last year working on this while we were complaining about the same damn feature requests that have been missing for 5+ years.

I don't believe that perpetual licenses will be offered after R12 and if they are, you'll pull an Adobe and jack up the prices on them making it insane to consider buying one.

All that so Verdane can sell the company to the highest bidder, make their investment back+ some.

How's Niklas's jingles coming along with his midi keyboard on the top shelf of his bookcase?

jamespember
Reason Studios

10 Feb 2021

Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021
jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021

Problem is James, RS is saying one thing and doing another. All your marketing is full steam ahead on Reason+

Website has went from promoting a DAW to promoting a plugin to promoting a subscription. You've taken quotes from big time producers/musicians and made it seem like they were talking about Reason+ when it's Reason they were referring to.

Completely axed Reason Intro and Reason Lite: the honest and affordable ways to get into the Reason platform.

Spent the last year working on this while we were complaining about the same damn feature requests that have been missing for 5+ years.

I don't believe that perpetual licenses will be offered after R12 and if they are, you'll pull an Adobe and jack up the prices on them making it insane to consider buying one.

All that so Verdane can sell the company to the highest bidder, make their investment back+ some.

How's Niklas's jingles coming along with his midi keyboard on the top shelf of his bookcase?
I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you, as evidenced by my presence in this thread, but I ask that we keep it professional and stay away from personal and sarcastic comments about our staff and colleagues.

Billy+

10 Feb 2021

Yeah For starter I make loads of music without using my midi keyboard

Luxuria

10 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021

I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you, as evidenced by my presence in this thread, but I ask that we keep it professional and stay away from personal and sarcastic comments about our staff and colleagues.
I was simply making an observation. Better than posting cat meme's.

Remote hasn't been updated in how many years? Plenty of new MIDI controllers have come out and yet not 1 seems to have been added to the list that truly is supported. The generic mackie control protocol is long overdue for an update and does not integrate nicely at all with new gear.
Instead of weekly soundpacks, you do weekly MIDI controller codec updates???? Or it would be super nice to have a program that create codec easily for RE's but haven't heard anything about that. MPE support, nope!

Recycle is a product of Reason. You had just acknowledged a few days ago that Recycle wasn't even considered when talking about "getting it all" with Reason+. Not that you had anything to do with it, but Recycle is a workaround, among many, that should just be added to the DAW already.

No word on allowing 2 computers for offline use, since Ignition keys are 1 update away from being plastic pieces of garbage?

None of these things are really under your domain so there really isn't much to talk about.

Luxuria

10 Feb 2021

I'm sorry James. The expectations, emotions, problems, successes, and frustrations I have with RS go far beyond R+.
I've learned the basic of audio design in Reason.
I've produced my first song in Reason.
I've taken what I learned in AE and MT and applied it all in Reason.
And lately, that's not even remotely what RS is doing with Reason. Instead you guys are taking it apart, first the Reason Rack Plugin (Rack Extetions Plugin)(and go use it another DAW)), as well as bring the new guy who, imo, thinks the company has to completely remake the company to survive(F the DAW legacy), and has RS a maker of it's own RE's, which is because of it's ignorant to implement VST's way back in like early 00's; the Dev there said he had written it and they simply just didn't use it. In the end it's like they are locked on their own island which is the RE platform with more limitations in the SDK than it's now, direct competitor VST, and not a product I knew when they competed as a DAW. With no majorly implemented updates around quality of life DAW features, it's made a hell of a lot of RE's though. So this "music making as a subscription" model is mostly just trying to sell me on the RE's which have direct competition with everyone else in the industry and are charging a pretty high price of $20 a month for what it does.

Reason was the best all-around digital audio workstation at some point, and it just felt like it stopped trying to do that.

PS: The Rack is phenomenal! I don't think it's hit it's potential though! I love the way Combinator's control the actual movement of all the devices and wish it had more potential with far more CV Input's. And for the love of God give me more Cable colors options!!! I want to keep track of things easier in the hive of bundled cables I've intertwined. Simple QOL improvement's would be a more tremendous impact than weekly soundpacks. And the new slogan is "Sound Like You", kind of ironic? That's what the Rack is already there for. Improve it and make the experience of music making more free and open. With 1 Reset patch of a Expanse or The Legend I can whip up something I wouldn't have imagined I could do back in the 80's on a computer! Which is a lesson in of itself that you don't abandon your guy's that made the RE platform what it is.
I always thought that the main rack screen on the RRP was amazing with the most used devices all there. I wish the whole browser was impeded like that. I wan't all my devices listed on the rack and allow me to zoom out of the rack. I really love the way the Rack almost captures the magnitude of how a Han's ZImmer style room full of oscillators and filters would look.

bangaio

11 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021

What happens at the end of the 30 days though James. Do you get emails saying to continue using reason you can A: Continue with reason + or B: buy a license from our shop here -> link to shop

Does Reason have a pop up saying great news - of you want to carry on click here to buy or here to continue with your subscription.

I doubt either of these things.

Jagwah

11 Feb 2021

Reason 12 - Hi Res graphics, 3 new devices, bug fixes

Reason 13 - VST3 support, 3 new devices, bug fixes

Reason 14 - VR support, 3 new devices, bug fixes (Ryan Harlin jumps out office window and pursues a career in landscaping)

Reason 15 - Migration of existing users to Reason+, 3 new devices, bug fixes

Reason+ 2040 - Overhaul of RRP, 3 new devices, bug fixes

Reason+ 2050 - New hacker app technology allows coders to break into Reason+ and make it open source, upon which an upgraded Combinator and overhauled sequencer are the first of many upgrades almost immediately implemented, and it is then rebranded - 'Propellerhead Reason' and rejoiced the world over.

DecafDreams

11 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Reason+ 2050 - New hacker app technology allows coders to break into Reason+ and make it open source, upon which an upgraded Combinator and overhauled sequencer are the first of many upgrades almost immediately implemented, and it is then rebranded - 'Propellerhead Reason' and rejoiced the world over.
Love it!

plaamook

11 Feb 2021

Jagwah wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Awsome.
I'll be in my 70's but still...it'll be great to see it realise it's potential at last!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Faastwalker

11 Feb 2021

DecafDreams wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Jagwah wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Love it!
+ 3 new devices? :D

Arjanders

11 Feb 2021

tt_lab wrote:
08 Feb 2021
Yonatan wrote:
07 Feb 2021

Very stubborn to not bring those to Reason. They have the code but seems to refuse to implement it. Should be a priority in R12. Audio editing needs a refreshment in Reason.
Totally agree, Reason sample editing features are way behind any other software out there. It is doable but not very intuitive, and that, at least for me personally, can be a party stopper.
James, do you care to give us insight in how Reason Studio is looking at this viewpoint?

edit: it's about Recyle a couple of posts ago..

sprinkles__

12 Feb 2021

plaamook wrote:
09 Feb 2021
I'd like em to finnish it.
Ah, i see the problem now, it's because they're Swedes, not Finns!

Swedes don't Finnish things.

michael.jaye

12 Feb 2021

sprinkles__ wrote:
12 Feb 2021

You gotta admit though, Reason Suite was a pretty swede deal! :)

EnochLight

12 Feb 2021

sprinkles__ wrote:
12 Feb 2021
plaamook wrote:
09 Feb 2021
I'd like em to finnish it.

7EF13324-BED8-4E66-B351-F11D194CAA01.gif
7EF13324-BED8-4E66-B351-F11D194CAA01.gif (407.02 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

TheSlipgate

12 Feb 2021

I just don't understand why the discount for current users is only if you pony up a annual subscription. If you already own the devices its beyond a rip off, you've released a subscription service with no real 'Reason' to subscribe. I don't need/want anymore sound packs.

Maybe Ill see if I can get a refund - I only purchased 45 or so days ago, what a train wreck.

rellimja

12 Feb 2021

I’ve been lurking here a while since buying Suite last year. Not sure about Reason+ and can’t see any reason why I would want to opt in but.........I’m seriously unsure now I received an email promoting ‘Valentines Sound Packs’ called ‘Pillow Talk’ and ‘Heart Wrench’! Oh dear! Obviously someone finds it amusing in the marketing department but it just makes me wonder Props - what are you doing?
Last edited by rellimja on 12 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

PGR

12 Feb 2021

I own Reason Suite

Could someone please enlighten me, why should I be upset?

I do not see the need for the subscription. I have 1 month free and I really enjoy the Sound Packs but othervise, I own most of the devices.

I probably just use Reason as I always have done before.

Maybe I subscribe when they release the "new PX7-RE" and next version of Reason. Or I buy them as I have done before.

I am not upset, mad or insulted by Reason Studios.

Please help me, why should I be upset?

tt_lab

12 Feb 2021

PGR wrote:
12 Feb 2021
I own Reason Suite

I do not see the need for the subscription. I have 1 month free and I really enjoy the Sound Packs but othervise, I own most of the devices.

Maybe I subscribe when they release the "new PX7-RE" and next version of Reason. Or I buy them as I have done before.

Because you are late to the party? :lol:

bxbrkrz

12 Feb 2021

PGR wrote:
12 Feb 2021
I own Reason Suite

Because the thread is too slow reaching 100 pages?
I am watching a movie called "The Fellowship Of The Reason Studios 11 Suite Companions".
I am in it. You are in it. No need to be upset. No FOMO for us.
The best part of the movie? We already got The Ring.

Brew your favorite tea or coffee.
Enjoy the show :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

selig
RE Developer

12 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Can I just add that James has been MORE than accommodating here, and is more open and able to communicate publicly than anyone in the past that I can remember. We are all human here, which means we can make mistakes but ALSO means we ALL deserve to be treated with common decency and respect. Carry on!
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information