Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
moneykube

03 Feb 2021

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.52.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.52.55 AM.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
deleted :thumbs_up: Bye >LIVE and Logic it is !
Last edited by moneykube on 04 Feb 2021, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Faastwalker

03 Feb 2021

SonicState talk Reason+

Some interesting comments. Goes off on a bit of a tangent about music in general but all interesting stuff.

EnochLight

03 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
03 Feb 2021
I had before the update to 11.3.7... this is what I see now in code meter... and yes all authorized in portal and synced that way as well. Do I hit license update? Or do I need to upgrade to 11.3.8?
I'm on CodeMeter 6.90.3700.502, but I'm not even talking a bout CodeMeter. I'm talking about going into your Reason Studios account under your products here:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/products

Selecting "Manage License" under Reason 11, and selecting "Write License" to your computer (or hit "Authorize" in the upper right and write all of your Reason licenses. Then going to your RE's and doing the same under "Manage License". Then go to your account and select "Sync All".

If you're not running Reason+, then you shouldn't have Companion and would not authorize via Companion currently.

If you already wrote all of your licenses with 11.3.7 but 11.3.8 is still prompting you to log in, maybe de-authorize everything and re-authorize and see if that corrects the issue?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

motuscott

03 Feb 2021

If the stonk market keeps up like this...
Look Under Yer Chairs

It's a Reason Lite Substonktion for each of you!!!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

moneykube

03 Feb 2021

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.58.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 1.58.47 AM.png (366.64 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
deleted :thumbs_up: Bye >LIVE and Logic it is !
Last edited by moneykube on 04 Feb 2021, edited 3 times in total.

EdwardKiy

04 Feb 2021

motuscott wrote:
03 Feb 2021
If the stonk market keeps up like this...
Look Under Yer Chairs

It's a Reason Lite Substonktion for each of you!!!
:o Finally someone to make sense of all this! Where have you been?

moneykube

04 Feb 2021

good luck to all that believe vague unending promises that never come true... hey it's all in the terms of agreement they changed that and when I mentioned it about a year ago( everyone said... no worries... that is standard legal talk)... nope... the writing is all over the wall RS created. See ya on the flip side brothers and sisters... I am sick of the merry go round... read the terms again ! They say they can legally promise anything and if you believe them... well... that is your fault. :clap: REASON LAW and mods on the take imo :!:

Kuranes2021

04 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021

good luck to all that believe vague unending promises that never come true... hey it's all in the terms of agreement they changed that and when I mentioned it about a year ago( everyone said... no worries... that is standard legal talk)... nope... the writing is all over the wall RS created. See ya on the flip side brothers and sisters... I am sick of the merry go round... read the terms again ! They say they can legally promise anything and if you believe them... well... that is your fault. :clap: REASON LAW and mods on the take imo :!:
Where can I read this?

moneykube

04 Feb 2021

Kuranes2021 wrote:
04 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021

Where can I read this?
:clap: :shock: seems they changed again... crazy :exclamation: Updated: 25 January 2021...convient" timing to say the least( I have other words for it but won't go there): ... I'm done like dinner( will use what I own until it dies)... note the internet section! Unreal.Very sad.... some other stuff squeezed in as well... use the service and you sell your soul? Oh... probably in the the next revision of terms they can change at any time without informing anyone LOL ! BAD JOKE
https://www.reasonstudios.com/agreements
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 4.10.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 4.10.59 AM.png (81.72 KiB) Viewed 4221 times

Adabler
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2021

So in conclusion, Reason+ is a lesser version of Reason as it does not include any 3rd party rack extensions and access is tied to the subscription, which means nothing has really changed for me and I can look forward to the high-res thing later this year. This thread is very weird.
:reason: 12, Win10

LongFist

04 Feb 2021

Adabler wrote:
04 Feb 2021
So in conclusion, Reason+ is a lesser version of Reason as it does not include any 3rd party rack extensions and access is tied to the subscription, which means nothing has really changed for me and I can look forward to the high-res thing later this year. This thread is very weird.
I think you fully understand the current situation. RS is actively working on the RE situation (some of us are big RE collectors) and the rest of it is pretty much right-on. For the moment nothing has changed, and borrowing trouble hasn't helped anyone. Nobody is perfect, and to expect perfection from anyone is just an invitation for disappointment. And a lot of these guys are disappointed to the point of clinical depression!

Stay alert, keep a stiff upper lip, and above all check your new sources (lots of people are spewing innuendo like they were part of the RS team - but they aren't) when you see something interesting. Some of that news, interesting or not, may actually be true.

We live in interesting times, my friend. And, all verbal abuses aside, I think I'm enjoying it.
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2021

Adabler wrote:
04 Feb 2021
It might be useful if a few key points on R+ can be summarized.

$(username)

04 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021
$(username) wrote:
02 Feb 2021
So on topic again: What happens if Reason Studios get shut down?
it won’t.

people have been predicting Propellerhead/RS would go out of business for a very long time. it’s not something anyone should be worried about.
Sorry, in former times Propellerheads was owned by people who wanted to create audio software. Now it's owned by people who only want to create money, more money and even more money. If the Reason ecosystem doesn't look profitable enough in a quarterly report then it will be nuked in heartbeat with all products and customers. It's just a simple and quick decision by some suits in an afternoon meeting and no one will ever look back. Been there.

So there is no fall back strategy. Good to know.

EnochLight

04 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
and mods on the take imo :!:
Please clarify what you mean by this, moneykube. Not down with the "lingo" these days.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

guitfnky

04 Feb 2021

$(username) wrote:
04 Feb 2021
guitfnky wrote:
02 Feb 2021

it won’t.

people have been predicting Propellerhead/RS would go out of business for a very long time. it’s not something anyone should be worried about.
Sorry, in former times Propellerheads was owned by people who wanted to create audio software. Now it's owned by people who only want to create money, more money and even more money. If the Reason ecosystem doesn't look profitable enough in a quarterly report then it will be nuked in heartbeat with all products and customers. It's just a simple and quick decision by some suits in an afternoon meeting and no one will ever look back. Been there.

So there is no fall back strategy. Good to know.
I’m not sure how one could possibly come to the conclusion that Reason Studios has stopped wanting to create audio software. Reason 11 is audio software. Friktion is audio software. Reason as a plug-in is audio software. Pattern Mutator (or whatever it’s called) is audio software.

these all happened after Reason was sold and rebranded.

suggesting they don’t care about audio software anymore is objectively an overreaction. suggesting you know what will happen is laughable. that’s not an insult. it’s as laughable as when all the rest of the armchair CEOs (including myself) make our own full-throated declarations of what shall undoubtedly occur as a result of <insert RS’ most recent perceived transgression here>

we all speculate, but again, people have been saying Props/RS would close their doors for decades now. they’ve all been wrong. you’ll be proven so, too.

and lest you think I’m some kind of RS apologist, I’ve got plenty of concerns, and I’ve been very vocal about them—a quick look at my recent comments will prove that.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EdwardKiy

04 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
hold on tight just a lil more, it's nearly perfect anyway.

and they have a good shot at making it THE best. They do seem like they need a little coercion every now and then. Maybe it's a sexual thing with them.

motuscott

04 Feb 2021

I totally get not all us Reasonwhores wanting audio and MIDI punch in/out.
I’m willing to settle for punch out at the Capital
I’m American.🕺
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Loque

04 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
04 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
Please clarify what you mean by this, moneykube. Not down with the "lingo" these days.
I am curious too.
Reason12, Win10

Arjanders

04 Feb 2021

I guess this is the therapeutic threat so.. :oops:

I don't understand how to maintain the hope that reason as a daw gets updated to be on same-ish level as for example Ableton.

Looking back there are improvements done, but in slow pace and with the latest events with reason rack plugin and reason+ for me its very clear that the route they are taken is to be an instrument and sound provider.

I don't think reason daw will be discontinued, but the updates will be mostly some devices (already made for reason +) and maybe some little things in the daw (apart from hi-res, but the hi-res its main goal is to update the reason rack plug-in).

The more I progress personally in music making, the more I encounter workflow breaking events. And if I look at the requests made for the daw over the years a lot of those requests would help me a lot for working fast, keep the flow.

The plan for this year is to get to know Ableton and maybe Bitwig. And now and then I'll check the status on Reason daw to see what they have to offer for an upgrade. We'll see what it will be.

Tbh, I'm not looking forward to learn another daw, but for me the main part of making electronic music is getting in a trance/flow state and to be able to capture ideas fast. And after that to be able to play with those ideas, keeping the flow. And reason for me in this current state has too much speedbumps and detours.

thanks for this session

chimp_spanner

04 Feb 2021

Arjanders wrote:
04 Feb 2021
I guess this is the therapeutic threat so.. :oops:

I don't understand how to maintain the hope that reason as a daw gets updated to be on same-ish level as for example Ableton.

Looking back there are improvements done, but in slow pace and with the latest events with reason rack plugin and reason+ for me its very clear that the route they are taken is to be an instrument and sound provider.

I don't think reason daw will be discontinued, but the updates will be mostly some devices (already made for reason +) and maybe some little things in the daw (apart from hi-res, but the hi-res its main goal is to update the reason rack plug-in).

The more I progress personally in music making, the more I encounter workflow breaking events. And if I look at the requests made for the daw over the years a lot of those requests would help me a lot for working fast, keep the flow.

The plan for this year is to get to know Ableton and maybe Bitwig. And now and then I'll check the status on Reason daw to see what they have to offer for an upgrade. We'll see what it will be.

Tbh, I'm not looking forward to learn another daw, but for me the main part of making electronic music is getting in a trance/flow state and to be able to capture ideas fast. And after that to be able to play with those ideas, keeping the flow. And reason for me in this current state has too much speedbumps and detours.

thanks for this session
If you can afford at least one other DAW there's nothing wrong with working in more than one! So long as the process of learning doesn't bog you down and prevent you from making music. They all have things they're good at, and things they're not so good at. Like I'm really looking forward to Live 11. But it kinda blows my mind it doesn't have anything like Reason's pitch editor for audio, and it's only JUST getting comping. Kinda strange to me.

Course on the flipside, 11 is adding a bunch of cool things like group editing, scale display/folding in the note editor, probability, and judging by the beta notes I've seen, a lot of other stuff. Plus it has things I've been waiting for for a long time like folders, punch in/out, etc. As I get to know Live more though I do see a lot of similarities/parallels with Reason. They're actually not worlds apart. IMO Reason wins on flexibility, while Live wins on quality-of-life and workflow. Just a shame it looks kinda like a spreadsheet lol

It's also really good to get a feel for what other DAW users think about their software. I guarantee you things are no rosier on the Ableton forums. Or Steinberg. Or NI. "Why haven't they done X, Y or Z yet. This company is a joke, they just wanna screw us, etc. etc."

FL users seem pretty happy I guess, but it's one of the few DAWs I cannot gel with. Feels like using about 4 different programs depending on what you're doing.

michael.jaye

04 Feb 2021

$(username) wrote:
04 Feb 2021
Now it's owned by people who only want to create money, more money and even more money. If the Reason ecosystem doesn't look profitable enough in a quarterly report then it will be nuked in heartbeat with all products and customers. It's just a simple and quick decision by some suits in an afternoon meeting and no one will ever look back. Been there.
I'm sure if Verdane Capital wanted to "create money, more money and even more money" they would've chosen a different company/product than Propellerhead/Reason.

I'm sure Reason+ is just another attempt at getting new users and revenue. And the only thing you can be sure of is updates w/ feature requests will take much longer than you'd like.

micahkovacs

04 Feb 2021

Hello,

Does anyone know how to recall rewire sessions with the RRP in Pro Tools 2020.12 in Catalina?
I have been trying to contact RS Support, but have had no response.
Basically, I have some older PT sessions that have used Reason Rewire and I recently had to upgrade to Catalina because my Macbook HD fried.
So I am stuck in this MacOS with a great version of Pro Tools, but my reason rewire doesnt work.... i dont even see a rewire plugin in the list or folder.
The RRP is awesome, but does it recall or import any Reason sessions?
Thanks for your help.

moneykube

04 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
04 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
---------
Loque wrote:
04 Feb 2021
EnochLight wrote:
04 Feb 2021

I am curious too.
:oops: I apologize, I was upset... the mods do a fine job... I know you are only trying to keep the peace in another RS transition period. I felt at the time , many mods defending the new RS choice, seemed suspicious to me... but it seems my trust for many things has waned through the years. My bad... I appreciate the work you do to keep the community afloat. The forum is indeed a necessity and has helped me many times over... thank you for all the time and effort you have put in, that should not have been needed, had the props not removed the old forum.
Last edited by moneykube on 04 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

04 Feb 2021

micahkovacs wrote:
04 Feb 2021
Hello,

Does anyone know how to recall rewire sessions with the RRP in Pro Tools 2020.12 in Catalina?
I have been trying to contact RS Support, but have had no response.
Basically, I have some older PT sessions that have used Reason Rewire and I recently had to upgrade to Catalina because my Macbook HD fried.
So I am stuck in this MacOS with a great version of Pro Tools, but my reason rewire doesnt work.... i dont even see a rewire plugin in the list or folder.
The RRP is awesome, but does it recall or import any Reason sessions?
Thanks for your help.
Hopefully, if you still have reason 10... use that rewired to protools... you can have 10 and 11 on the same computer... rewire was abandoned in 11, The thinking is the plug would be fine to work with daws... yet it did remove backward compatibility for those with rewire projects on the go or from the past, if one was to use reason 11. I keep both on my computer for this reason. Since you were working in rewire... you can still download the version you were using and install it.
Last edited by moneykube on 04 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

04 Feb 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
04 Feb 2021
moneykube wrote:
04 Feb 2021
hold on tight just a lil more, it's nearly perfect anyway.

and they have a good shot at making it THE best. They do seem like they need a little coercion every now and then. Maybe it's a sexual thing with them.
:lol: :thumbs_up: perhaps lol

• Information