Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
plaamook

27 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Is anyone trying it?
What are the sound packs like?
That litereally haddn't occured to me. No joke.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

softska

27 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021
The first guys were egging on the others - "everyone dislike", creating mob mentality with others piling on assuming there was a real reason to do so. The idea that there is now a subscription option in addition to the perpetual license and that is a BAD thing is just crazy talk IMO.
Like others have said, if they ditch the perpetual license option I'll be marching in the streets right along with everyone else. But that's not at all what is actually happening…
To be fair, the way their new web page hiding the shop link for Reason/RE, perpetual may as well be disappeared. We've seen how these subscription push turns out last couple years already (avid in particular). It really sucks when 3rd party RE seems to now get even less spotlight. I'm very worried down the road downloading what I own will become an absolute pain.

$20 is very steep for someone already paid for Suite/extensions already, but I guess it's a sign there weren't many takers for the userbase (also sort of their fault when they can't support multiple licenses in 1 acct for yrs)

C//AZM

27 Jan 2021

I'm sorry, friends, but this thread is loaded and replete with lots of stuff about French edition problems, complaints about rumors and replies to the complaints, and secret buttons.
I'm sure these questions were answered but
1Will I be able to upgrade to reason suite 11 when I'm ready? ...and
2 are the rumors on one of the FB pages true that you won't be able to get Reason Suite anymore?
YES I know this was probably already answered on page 14 of this tedious thread ...But...

RoryM0

27 Jan 2021

C//AZM wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I'm sorry, friends, but this thread is loaded and replete with lots of stuff about French edition problems, complaints about rumors and replies to the complaints, and secret buttons.
2 are the rumors on one of the FB pages true that you won't be able to get Reason Suite anymore?
YES I know this was probably already answered on page 14 of this tedious thread ...But...
Reason 11 Suite no longer exists.

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

C//AZM wrote:
27 Jan 2021
If your local or online retailer still has boxed copies, you can buy 11 Suite, but you can no longer buy it from Reason Studios. The only non-subscription version of Reason that will be available in the future is the standard version, just like versions 1-10.

The original framing of Suite as a one-time RE bundle were correct. It was in effect the "Reason Studios Rig," and this was or will be your only chance to get it.
Last edited by fieldframe on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

guitfnky

27 Jan 2021

earwig83 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
guitfnky wrote:
27 Jan 2021

I think that’s a really astute comparison...the electronic equivalent of a protest. I was of the same mind as Chimp Spanner, but I think you’ve changed my perspective. 👍🏼
Whoa, that has never happened to me. Convincing someone on the internet is harder than making the right choices for Reason! Thank you for saying that. :)
I’m a pretty hard-headed guy, but I like to think if someone makes a good point I’m open to changing my mind. 😄
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

27 Jan 2021

C//AZM wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Suite is discontinued, but you still buy it from other retailers like Sweetwater, etc. while they still have the stock.

Mistro17

27 Jan 2021

I can't help but wonder if there's rivals of Reason Studios in the chat.

C//AZM

27 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
27 Jan 2021
C//AZM wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Suite is discontinued, but you still buy it from other retailers like Sweetwater, etc. while they still have the stock.
Ahh, so I don't get the extra instruments, some of which I already have...but I do get everything else? Ok got it. Thanks <relurk>

LarsK

27 Jan 2021

How much is an annual fee - can't seem to find it anywhere?

guitfnky

27 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021
MarkTarlton wrote:
27 Jan 2021

If you look at the dislike button on the Reason+ video the dislikes are ahead by a ratio of almost 5:1 and the live stream video had much more dislikes over likes too, so it's not just a few people to my eyes.
The first guys were egging on the others - "everyone dislike", creating mob mentality with others piling on assuming there was a real reason to do so. The idea that there is now a subscription option in addition to the perpetual license and that is a BAD thing is just crazy talk IMO.
Like others have said, if they ditch the perpetual license option I'll be marching in the streets right along with everyone else. But that's not at all what is actually happening…
I think this is a gross oversimplification, honestly. sure, they’re not getting rid of perpetual licensing, but the way in which they roll this stuff out IS VERY important. their communication, and some of the logistic choices they’ve made around the website have been about as close to objectively terrible as you can get.

I don’t think it’s at all unreasonable to see how they’ve handled this rollout and wonder what the f%#$ they’re doing.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

aftrshok99

27 Jan 2021

LarsK wrote:
27 Jan 2021
$99.50 which I think is half price if you already have a Reason license.
Last edited by aftrshok99 on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

LarsK

27 Jan 2021

aftrshok99 wrote:
27 Jan 2021
LarsK wrote:
27 Jan 2021
$99.50
Gotcha. Thanks. :)

hfw

27 Jan 2021

So many comments i picked up on, one though - and i really like and respect matteius. "when you have exhausted the factory soundback.." so buying the liscence outright is a lesser option then, as with suite (which i spent a fortune on) you only get the factory soundbank. They know no one exhausts the FB, they know people dont want presets.

Im sick of this narritive that creatives want the fastest way to an idea. Its a really tedious and dangerous narrative. Its not true. Creation is organic and takes as long as it needs. Its a meditative process. But your telling us we just browse your packs and let it take place. Then do we go back online when we get stuck and find more parts? sounds laborious and tedious. I lost respect for the staff there. sad times.

vertibration

27 Jan 2021

$20 a month is too much money. $9.99 is where it should be

hfw

27 Jan 2021

I literally upgraded to suite on the day of release, as a long term user, as i thought i was supporting the company and theyd see us good. HAHA! then they disband suite and launch this. Tell us in the livestream how to use sample packs / preset packs like we are morons. Sad times.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021
So many comments i picked up on, one though - and i really like and respect matteius. "when you have exhausted the factory soundback.." so buying the liscence outright is a lesser option then, as with suite (which i spent a fortune on) you only get the factory soundbank. They know no one exhausts the FB, they know people dont want presets.

Im sick of this narritive that creatives want the fastest way to an idea. Its a really tedious and dangerous narrative. Its not true. Creation is organic and takes as long as it needs. Its a meditative process. But your telling us we just browse your packs and let it take place. Then do we go back online when we get stuck and find more parts? sounds laborious and tedious. I lost respect for the staff there. sad times.
I'm a creative, and I've always wanted the fastest way to an idea. Tedious production workflows tend to destroy my creative process. Why would any creative NOT want the fastest way to an idea???
Selig Audio, LLC

cmstrike

27 Jan 2021

Sound packs are the least important and least interesting thing they could be devoting any amount of time or resources towards, in my opinion. I'd just like the functionality of the program to be developed and improved at a reasonable rate, but it seems like they're attempting to distract everyone with shiny new sounds that nobody asked for. I'm aware that they're working on a new version, but this is just what things feel like currently.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I literally upgraded to suite on the day of release, as a long term user, as i thought i was supporting the company and theyd see us good. HAHA! then they disband suite and launch this. Tell us in the livestream how to use sample packs / preset packs like we are morons. Sad times.
Where did you get the idea they disbanded Suite? That's not at all what is going on here…
Selig Audio, LLC

hfw

27 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021
MarkTarlton wrote:
27 Jan 2021
this live stream is not going well, geez I have never seen so many negative comments/dislikes before. This new direction is not for me. I will be staying on Reason 10 with no plans on the current upgrade path.
It's basically the same 3-4 folks copy/paste posting "dislike dislike dislike" over and over again…
Your a cool guy selig, and i love your stuff, but for anyone that didnt watch, thats not true. I watched from beginning and it was a LARGE amount, if not the majority of the chat users. True some were innaporopriate, but ultimately the vibe was resoundingly negative from the majority.

Kilsane

27 Jan 2021

Honestly, I am currently the owner of a Reason Suite and a large package of refile and Rack extentions, even if taken there is no interest in subscribing, I do not see myself paying 10 € by me to use the only device that I do not have and in addition not being able to keep it the day I decide to unsubscribe.

If still the subscription would allow me in the long term to be able to keep my product in exchange for a possible against part which would be calculated on what I was able to pay for subscription

hfw

27 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021
hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Where did you get the idea they disbanded Suite? That's not at all what is going on here…
They said suite is gone in the live stream. Its disbanded. and its a kick in teeth, as when it was released i thought about and decided id take the hit and pay it off to show support as it seemed like a cool new direction. now its gone. its shady.

selig
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021
selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021

They said suite is gone in the live stream. Its disbanded. and its a kick in teeth, as when it was released i thought about and decided id take the hit and pay it off to show support as it seemed like a cool new direction. now its gone. its shady.
I don't think that's what they said, if so I missed it and instead heard just the opposite. There is no plans to remove the perpetual license model going forward, there will be a Reason 12 just like there was a Reason 1-11 before it. To be clear, maybe I missed something about "Suite" specifically, so apologies if so (but I understood there were to be no changes to the existing product line).
Selig Audio, LLC

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
27 Jan 2021
hfw wrote:
27 Jan 2021

I'm a creative, and I've always wanted the fastest way to an idea. Tedious production workflows tend to destroy my creative process. Why would any creative NOT want the fastest way to an idea???
You're both right!

Everyone's creative process is different. Sometimes the same person's creative process is different on different days! Some people work best when they can get ideas out quickly; some people work best with slow experimentation and exploration. Some people benefit a lot from fresh presets; some find the best inspiration from tinkering.

• Information