Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
doze

25 Jan 2021

I'm going with Reason+ as the subscription (as noted below from the program itself), and my GUESS on the Companion app, is some sort of store/manager/authorizer application. Perhaps allowing things like uneditable temporary instruments for collab tracks.

This is from the program + rack plugin:
----
Active Reason+ subscriber

[Reason+ Subscription Expired]The Reason+ subscription to run ^0 from this Reason Studios user account has expired. Please renew your subscription and try again.[Renew][Cancel]

[NOTE][Reason+ Companion missing]You do not have the Reason+ Companion app installed. [Get the Companion][Cancel]
----
Last edited by doze on 25 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

25 Jan 2021

craste wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Companion

1. a person or animal with whom one spends a lot of time or with whom one travels.

2. each of a pair of things intended to complement or match each other.
"a companion volume"

I think it will be an application to enable you to work collaboratively on a track together - my guess its Reason running in a browser, perhaps - a shared Mixer, Rack and Sequencer so you can be in London and work together on a track with your 'companion' who lives in New York and both work on the same project in real-time and both see and hear the same screen.

That would be quote cool I reckon. They have recently got the Europa synth working in a browser so we know its doable.

Cheers

Craig
Ooh good speculation. Interesting idea. Ohm Studio that came out about 7 or 8 years ago does this.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ECHLN

25 Jan 2021

I’ve been waiting for a subscription service from Reason for years!

16161d

25 Jan 2021

Could this possibly be a standalone version of the reason rack plugin?

Wait a minute....

Or maybe the Reason+ means that we can now run other DAW's INSIDE Reason???

Heigen5

25 Jan 2021

If it'll be something related to this: viewtopic.php?p=496263#p496263
Then I'm in. But if it's something else that's also useful, then also good.

stratatonic

25 Jan 2021

So Reason Studios needed to purge 5 Propellerhead Rack Extensions - PX7 and all the A-list Guitarists - last week from the their shop, and then this comes out.
So it has something to do with

ltbrunt00

25 Jan 2021

I wonder if this has anything to do with some of the tech demos of them running Reason plugins from a web browser. This took place a few years ago.

We sort of already have a subscription service with individual plugins. With all the different layaway options to pay low monthly payments for DAW applications I don't see Reason becoming a subscription service unless the service is a web version of Reason. I could see them giving this for free to the people that purchased the Suite version.

Ultimately I hope Reason+ is just a rebranding name instead of calling it Reason 12. The Props don't cause this much suspense unless they have something up their sleeves.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

challism

25 Jan 2021

Oh wow! I was able to uncheck my box!!
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (460.35 KiB) Viewed 5104 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

arnigretar

25 Jan 2021

Reason+ just reminds me of Google+ which is not good. Anything with a "+" to it's brand-name is something bad imo :D But... Companion... yeah, nice if it will be a feature to work on a track at the same time as a co-producer. But sharing projects is very easy now and I often work with people who don't live in the same time-zone, so we would never be able to do it at the same time anyway. But only speaking for myself, maybe this is very exciting for many :) And maybe it will just be a feature you don't need to add to Reason - hence the "+" ... but answers wednesday.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

flexluthor

25 Jan 2021

If I have to pay a subscription fee to use reason (and to get m1 and high dpi support), I’m selling my account. I don’t mind paying h for an upgrade, but I’m not subscribing to anything.

Billy+

25 Jan 2021

challism wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Oh wow! I was able to uncheck my box!!

Capture.JPG
I'm still puzzled?

Does anything actually show at startup?

Maybe the feature is time locked!!! Change your system date 4 days into the future with internet time disabled and network disconnected and check what happens :shock:

sdst
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2021

in the companion you can see someone behind the rack. :lol:

TrueStory

25 Jan 2021

Billy wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Think I'm gonna pass on updating until this is cleared up.
Same here. Glad I decided to check this thread first before updating.

Billy+

25 Jan 2021

sdst wrote:
25 Jan 2021
in the companion you can see someone behind the rack. :lol:
That's an engineer ;)

fieldframe
RE Developer

25 Jan 2021

doze wrote:
25 Jan 2021
[Reason+ Subscription Expired]The Reason+ subscription to run ^0 from this Reason Studios user account has expired. Please renew your subscription and try again.[Renew][Cancel]
Aha. The "^0" is a text variable in this localization string, and given the context of "running" whatever that variable is referring to, the only likely thing would be a Rack Extension.

So Reason+ is a subscription service for Rack Extensions.

The major differences from the existing subscription program are probably as follows:
  • Instead of building your own bundle at multiple price points, you pay a single monthly fee for a larger library of REs that are included with Reason+.
  • Refills and other content could be part of the subscription, similar to competing services like NI's Sounds.com.
Companion probably isn't an iPad app, because there would be no way to automatically start it when Reason starts. More likely is that it's a nicer front-end for Authorizer and managing refill content, combined with a Shop mini-browser that only shows Reason+ content. Think something like a combination of parts of Arturia's Analog Lab and NI's Komplete Kontrol.

Mataya

25 Jan 2021

I've never been subscribed to any software and was always avoiding that. Reasons for that are always obvious to me, but not for other people I guess...so I always wonder how is this really a better bussines model? And if they corner me with that bulshit, I'll have to leave. Luckily there are some alternatives I wouldn't mind using as may main.

M

guitfnky

25 Jan 2021

I hope Reason+ is just Reason 11, + track folders, markers, and auto-punch. 😂
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Heigen5

25 Jan 2021

Mataya wrote:
25 Jan 2021
I've never been subscribed to any software and was always avoiding that. Reasons for that are always obvious to me, but not for other people I guess...so I always wonder how is this really a better bussines model? And if they corner me with that bulshit, I'll have to leave. Luckily there are some alternatives I wouldn't mind using as may main.

M
But subscribing would only be an option and not a must, no?

miscend

25 Jan 2021

Not updating. Will stick to Reason without the plus sign.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2021

Man there was me thinking reason companion was some sort of dating site where you find a partner who does not mind you creating music all day 😂

Kilsane

25 Jan 2021

I don't think this is any subscription option, because in my opinion it would be at the level of the Authorizer and the management of the account that it would happen as it already can be. with the RE subscriptions and also I don't see the point of having something that may or may not start when Reason is launched as part of a subscription.

I really think we have to look elsewhere, it's just my oppignon
Last edited by Kilsane on 25 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

rgdaniel

25 Jan 2021

Kilsane wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Hello
Warning
I just updated and since then I can no longer access the preferences of reason (I have a message telling me: The operation could not be performed because a file was not found)

I am under windows 10, Reason 11 Suite French version
Has anybody else experienced this?

Kilsane

25 Jan 2021

rgdaniel wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Kilsane wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Hello
Warning
I just updated and since then I can no longer access the preferences of reason (I have a message telling me: The operation could not be performed because a file was not found)

I am under windows 10, Reason 11 Suite French version
Has anybody else experienced this?
it only concerns the localize version in French apparently

doze

25 Jan 2021

Kilsane wrote:
25 Jan 2021
I don't think this is any subscription option, because in my opinion it would be at the level of the Authorizer and the management of the account that it would happen as it already can be. with the RE subscriptions and also I don't see the point of having something that may or may not start when Reason is launched as part of a subscription.

I really think we have to look elsewhere, it's just my oppignon
It's definitely a subscription, to what extent I guess we will find out on Wednesday.

Spryx

25 Jan 2021

It is clearly an application related to a subscription service. What exactly that means is anyone's guess :roll:.
The companion app enables you to run something related to your user account. Just a guess here, but maybe Rack Extensions?
Strings from binary:
RS_Strings.png
RS_Strings.png (13.17 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
latest:

• Information