Reason stuff you've wondered why then suddenly realised the answer.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
arnigretar

27 Jan 2021

Discarded wrote:
25 Jan 2021
arnigretar wrote:
24 Jan 2021
Also knew limited things about CV and it's capabilities until our friend Peff had video about it on the Reason youtube channel in 2011 (or something like that). So the first 10 years in Reason I was experimenting little w/CV, but for the last 10 years I have been using that heavily and to my advantage.
Do you happen to have a link? I don't want 10 years of not knowing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3L_GARP-GQ

it was from here... after watching these at the time I got more into digging into the CV world
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Billy+

27 Jan 2021

I was wondering why +

Now I guess we all have the answer....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

Here’s my latest...The higher up you click with your mouse on a Kong pad the higher the velocity.
Thanks Deeplink.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deeplink
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

Never really enjoyed the sound of Alligator, and couldn't understand why - often resorting to the standard line mixer + matrix in order to achieve gated effects.

Then realised the other day that the Alligator's Drive/Distortion section is ALWAYS ON - even when set to 0%.

Meaning that, counter intuitively, when distortion is at zero, a hot signal will still distort.

For safeties, I have now an Alligator Combinator with a pre-gain to lower the input signal and then an out-gain after the alligator to increase it again.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

diminished
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

deeplink wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Never really enjoyed the sound of Alligator, and couldn't understand why - often resorting to the standard line mixer + matrix in order to achieve gated effects.

Then realised the other day that the Alligator's Drive/Distortion section is ALWAYS ON - even when set to 0%.

Meaning that, counter intuitively, when distortion is at zero, a hot signal will still distort.

For safeties, I have now an Alligator Combinator with a pre-gain to lower the input signal and then an out-gain after the alligator to increase it again.
just had that epiphany yesterday. tried it once again, changed the device to A1TriggerGate immediately. thanks for the explanation!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Jagwah

02 Feb 2021

diminished wrote:
02 Feb 2021
deeplink wrote:
02 Feb 2021

just had that epiphany yesterday. tried it once again, changed the device to A1TriggerGate immediately. thanks for the explanation!
Selig made this patch to compensate for the colouring / drive that was added by Alligator some years ago now, I've been using it ever since, if you open the gate up you can hear it's totally flat / clear:
Flat Gator.zip
(707 Bytes) Downloaded 53 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

The day I will work out how Polymodular cv works is yet unknown as how can I manage to get an entire Polymodular album out: eherhm... ??
As per the day I will understand how to export single midi clips correctly... I have not the slightest idea...
But there are few things that I understood even less before getting in Reasontalk.
The amount of stuff I figured out the first year of upgrade to R9 is really huge.
And that Elementary can be used as a Synthesizer? Go figure!
Oh and there is the forget everything rate to apply here and there.
When I got that Thor could convert Audio to cv and vice-versa. I think it was a big moment.

artotaku

02 Feb 2021

Having a line mixer (6 or 12) inside a combinator and some synths below the line mixer that are not yet routed to the line mixer.
Auto-connecting them by selecting them all and then mouse-click and shift key.

Re8et
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

artotaku wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Having a line mixer (6 or 12) inside a combinator and some synths below the line mixer that are not yet routed to the line mixer.
Auto-connecting them by selecting them all and then mouse-click and shift key.
Wow... shift key is also what should be ctrl in the Bean Pleayer seq to copy-dragpaste... I need to try it...
Autoroute!! That's awesome...

Ah, the elementary logic synth I was talking about.
ELEMENTARY SYNTH.zip
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

MixerJaexx

02 Feb 2021

As someone who’s been using a Korg padKontrol to control Kong (and before that Redrum) for over 15 years (with the same padKontrol), you don’t have to use a mouse to trigger the pads on the Kong.

But when I do have to use a mouse to click the pads of Kong, I forget sometimes is why clicking on a Kong’s pad with the mouse will sound louder or quieter at times. Propellerhead smartly created velocity control with mouse clicks; the more north you click on a pad the louder the velocity and the more south you click the quieter the velocity.

Boom, love that. ...Part of the reason for Reason love.
Mixer Jaëxx
www.jaexx.com

• Information