new overdub

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
raccoonboy

15 Jan 2021

Hi all

When I press the full stop key (' . ') it makes a new overdub track and mutes the previous track.

The strange thing is though every time I pressed it, on the new audio track I had to change the input again, after 10 times this got quite annoying but then all of a sudden every new track kept the original input, I'm not sure what I did differently?

thanks

Mich01

16 Jan 2021

Afak, In audiorecording the overdubbing is done automatically. Afterwards you can select (the parts of) the recordings you want to use in comp-mode.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

Hi.

[,] and [.] are only transport controls in the keypad and if you have NUM active.

On the alpha keyboard or without num active, these will work as sequencer controls and will be duplicate track and overdub.

raccoonboy

18 Jan 2021

Hi guys

thanks for the input, unfortunately I don't think I've made myself clear.

Pressing '.' works for making a new track. However, sometimes the new track is completely new and I have to manually change the recording input to match the previous one, which is very time consuming and defeats the purpose of a shortcut. However, sometimes it automatically keeps the same input settings as the previous track and I don't need to change the input.

How do I make it do the latter, always?

thanks

mcatalao
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2021

The way i usually do it is pressing ctrl+D. It duplicates all settings from the previous track.

• Information