Editing MIDI with keyboard - what am I missing?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
antic604
Posts: 655
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 26 Dec 2020

SoundObjects wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Recent bought this keyboard I find quite useful - but
of course a little expensive solution.
https://www.thomann.de/dk/editors_keys_ ... 1bc1e3ea90
Well, it's not a solution for MISSING shortucts, but I'm shocked it's still being made considering how unpopular Reason is.

If I had a desktop PC this would already be getting shipped to me :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
syncanonymous
Posts: 432
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: UK and France

Post 26 Dec 2020

IamFredrik wrote:
26 Dec 2020
syncanonymous wrote:
26 Dec 2020

hey, I agree with you
if you read the whole thread you'll see I misunderstood the OP and

then I went thru trying to do what OP asked...

I did find some unexpected benefits not outlined in the Operation Manual
like how to select a clip in a lane if there is no clip currently selected
...it isn't much...but it is something

It is a shame for Reason to just give users a mousing environment that feel rather non-professional once a user gets to power user level
I'm sorry, my reply wasn't really in the christmas spirit.
no worries, I agree with more extensive keyboard shortcuts would improve Reason :-)

I find I just crack on and just use the few keyboard shortcuts that are already in my workflow for Reason. I spend more time in SAWStudio and there are a lot of keyboard shortcuts in SAW...when I go back to Reason from SAW, the combos are different (as is the DAW)...so I just kinda soldier on with the mouse. OP brings up a very valid point.

Peace :puf_smile:

User avatar
syncanonymous
Posts: 432
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: UK and France

Post 26 Dec 2020

antic604 wrote:
26 Dec 2020
SoundObjects wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Recent bought this keyboard I find quite useful - but
of course a little expensive solution.
https://www.thomann.de/dk/editors_keys_ ... 1bc1e3ea90
Well, it's not a solution for MISSING shortucts, but I'm shocked it's still being made considering how unpopular Reason is.

If I had a desktop PC this would already be getting shipped to me :)
interesting....how that keyboard is labeled is essentially what I found after diving in earlier in the thread
thing is, this keyboard looks better than it is; quite a bit of repetition across letters and numpad keys

yes, it's even more helpful to have keys with exact labels rather than having to translate in yer head,
but, as you say, this keyboard can't do the things you ask in your OP
and there is plenty of scope to deepen controls with key combos if Reason Studios would be so kind to add the functionality

or remote control possibility with a tablet and then users could brew up their own custom control surfaces.
as far as I can tell, that functionality is not in Reason...it's mostly mouse work =-/

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: chaosroyale, CommonCrawl [Bot], Melody303 and 5 guests