Reason Drum Kits Bug

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SuperBeetle71

17 Dec 2020

Running Macbook Pro Catalina, reason 11 suite. I've saved a project using the reason drum kits extension and several times now, when I open back up the project, the drums will not produce any sound. I've checked all automation/mutes, etc. If I recreate the track device it works, but the problem is I've got tons of automation data tied to it which I have to drag back in and it's a major pain. Bottom line, it works when I save the project, then open it later and the drum device no longer plays any sound, live or thru midi data.

Reasonable man

17 Dec 2020

As someone said before . Everytime you open your project you have to change patch on rdk and then press command/z to 'undo'. That rectifies the bug . And it is a bug.

SuperBeetle71

17 Dec 2020

Thanks!

diminished
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

^

contacted support about that bug in october (2019), bug was confirmed and they were hoping to fix it soon. asked about the status again at the end of march this year - no answer at all.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

willyvans

14 May 2024

Just came here to report that this is still a bug and quite an annoying one. I'm on a 2019 MBP (Monterey) running 12 Suite (can confirm this was a bug in 11 Suite as well). I love RDK and wish they would fix this issue. I'm aware of the quick fix but it sucks not being able to trust that I can just open a file and hit export knowing that everything in my production will be as it was when I last saved and closed the session. :/
Reason 12 Suite - 2019 MacBook Pro (Monterrey), 8-core i9, 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD

RobBarnett

14 May 2024

I've reported this as a bug too. I've found if you open 2 songs with RDK tracks, the song opened second will either not produce any sound or only some of the drums from it's instance of RDK. Changing the RDK patch up then down or down then up rectifies ( but you them lose any tweaks you've made to the patch). Happens to me on MacOS and to my songwriting partner who is on Windows

lenadspence

15 May 2024

Reasonable man wrote:
17 Dec 2020
@hungry shark As someone said before . Everytime you open your project you have to change patch on rdk and then press command/z to 'undo'. That rectifies the bug . And it is a bug.
I did not know that this fixed this error, thanks it helped me.

• Information