Tips for using Reason to Harmonize/Transform vocals (including via MIDI)?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bhuether

11 Dec 2020

Hi,

I am wondering if Reason has all the built in tools so that you can do things such as add vocal harmonies (based on inputted MIDI notes, or based on plugin harmony settings), and morph vocals in ways other than robotic vocoder sort of sounds. I expect it can, just curious if anyone has experience doing these sorts of things. The incoming MIDI aspect of this I suspect will be the toughest, but given Reason's creative routing hoping there is some clever way to concoct a signal path that uses incoming MIDI notes as the basis for the vocal harmonization.

thanks

16161d

11 Dec 2020

You can do interesting things with Neptune in Reason to this effect. Check out this video and see if this is of interest to you. The example uses Player devices as the MIDI source and a combinator to pass the MIDI onto it as Neptune is an audio effect, but there's a few ways to route MIDI to Neptune in this way.

bitley

11 Dec 2020

I do this live and direct with Neptune such as in the track I just released on Spotify called Solitude. Bitley is also my artist name.

bhuether

11 Dec 2020

Been experimenting past few minutes a bit with the Reason Vocoder and see that I can use any synth as modulator in to Vocoder via sidechain, so seems this pretty much opens endless possibilities....

thanks for ideas

bhuether

11 Dec 2020

Actually what I mean is vocals as modulator input and any given synth as carrier input.

w1pl0c

11 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
11 Dec 2020
I do this live and direct with Neptune such as in the track I just released on Spotify called Solitude. Bitley is also my artist name.
i kinda like it!

bitley

11 Dec 2020

Thanks! :)

Yes sometimes I do setups with the vocoder as well, but Neptune is so excellent at clarity. But I've used the vocoder a lot since it was introduced.

• Information