weirdness from Reason 11 with vocals and sample rate

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
edx500

09 Dec 2020

Hey Everybody
I'm running Reason 11 on a pretty old (7 yrs) computer. I hope to build a new one in a couple of months. Sooner if us Americans get another stimulus check!
Right now I've been having some annoying issues:

The first is when I go to preferences and select the sample rate of 44000 it switches over to 96K without me doing anything. Sometimes it take a minute or so, bur it will not stay at 44000. My poor computer can't handle it at 96K. Otherwise I have no problems in 48K so I just use that. The computer crashed twice yesterday (not a common thing) while I was fighting with the sample rate.

The second problem is I seem to be getting a lot of distortion (?) or something coming from my vocals. TTT I haven't recorded any audio into Reason for more than 10 months so I'm not sure where this is coming from. What I'm finding strange is the backup harmonies are the ones sounding bad. The lead vocals seem okay. I may not be the greatest singer out there, but I've done decent work on Reason for many years and now the vocals are distorted and wobbly sounding.

I could post a lot of computer specs and such, but I'm sort of feeling like this computer may die soon anyway. I'm not switching out parts for this old junker.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

09 Dec 2020

Close Reason. Check the settings in your audio card preferences and set it too 44k. Then start Reason and check there as well. I'm guessing your card doesn't get set to 44k.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

bitley

10 Dec 2020

And be sure to not use Scream for compression duties as it really mangles vocals in particular. It's better for guitars, synths and drums. Use vocal buses and you won't need so many simultaneous FX devices.

edx500

10 Dec 2020

Thanks guys I'll try this...

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2020

edx500 wrote:
10 Dec 2020
Thanks guys I'll try this...
Report back if you fixed it. Very useful if someone is searching for a fix to the same problem.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information