how do i do a fresh install of reason ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
visheshl

08 Dec 2020

i want to remove reason completely from my mac.and i want to do a fresh install of reason. how do i do it? my authorizer is screwed. it gets stuck on writing licenses even when i have deleted all the REs.
and the authorize page of reason website keeps getting stuck on please wait while this key is repaired.
my reason installation is fucked.
please some one help me do a clean reinstall on my mac

bitley

08 Dec 2020

It sounds to me like you have a faulty harddrive really. Have you made sure to upgrade to a SSD drive? This is a must nowadays. There is no such thing as a clean Reason installation, it's always clean as a bean.

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
08 Dec 2020
It sounds to me like you have a faulty harddrive really. Have you made sure to upgrade to a SSD drive? This is a must nowadays. There is no such thing as a clean Reason installation, it's always clean as a bean.
yea the hdd is fine. problem is with reason and its shitty authorization process. kindly stick to the topic which is to be able to completely uninstall reason. revoke authorization of my mac. and do a fresh install of reason. the topic is not the hdd, which is running fine. can you help me with that ? how do i completely remove reason as of it wasnt installed on this computer. and how do i revoke authorization when the authorize page is stuck in a refresh loop.

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

can someone from reason studios help me deauthorize me computer from reason studios website please? i need to reinstall reason on the same machine

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
08 Dec 2020
how do i completely remove and revoke authorization of my mac ?
If you had your pc authorized before you did the fresh install of your OS and didn’t deauthorize it before the fresh install then you’ll have to mark it as lost before you can authorize it again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

i haven't done a fresh install yet. but the authorize page is stuck in a refresh loop. it keeps saying please wait while the key is repaired. but the key does not get repaired. authorizer is stuck on writing licenses.

reason opens fine though, my REs dont show up unless i log in. if i press continue without online authorization no REs show up

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

where can i make a complaint or ask for support ?

EDIT : I've written to support. lets see what happens.

Billy+

08 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
08 Dec 2020
how do i completely remove and revoke authorization of my mac ?

To uninstall on windows run the uninstaller using the manager.
On mac Find the application folder and delete it.

Then re run the installation to re install.

visheshl

08 Dec 2020

I can't deauthorize, when i go into my products and click auyhorize the page gets stuck in a loop. and keeps saying 'please wait while the key is repaired'
and there's no deauthorize option

1reasonable

08 Dec 2020

are you using the USB ignition key? If so, remove it and re-start Reason. I only use Reason on my Mac, so I have no real need for it. Besides, I had a problem getting Reason to find the key, so I just gave up. Make sure you restart your Mac too.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

visheshl

09 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
08 Dec 2020
I can't deauthorize, when i go into my products and click auyhorize the page gets stuck in a loop. and keeps saying 'please wait while the key is repaired'
and there's no deauthorize option
i uninstalled reason completely, redownloaded and reinstalled it. samething authorize page gets stuck at repairing key.
can someone from reason studios help me please ?
can someone get them to deauthorize my mac at least, so that i could do a reinstall. i can't even deauthorize my mac, it gets stuck on repairing key.

please help.
when i try to quit authorizer it says ignition key operation in progress, i dont have an ignition key.

Skimrok

09 Dec 2020

let us know how you get on when they get back to you , I'm assuming there is going to be delay on any support requests in this climate
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Oquasec

09 Dec 2020

Check Reason. if the install says less than 1 gb it's corrupted or something.
Reinstalling it says 4gb again.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

visheshl

09 Dec 2020

reason support is saying I'll have to mark this as lost. theres no other way.
how many times can we mark as lost ? any idea?

anyway i marked it as lost. now i can see the authorize button. everything seems to be normal now. but im not authorizing my mac again. I'll continue with online authorization for now.

Dabbler

10 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
09 Dec 2020
reason support is saying I'll have to mark this as lost. theres no other way.
how many times can we mark as lost ? any idea?

anyway i marked it as lost. now i can see the authorize button. everything seems to be normal now. but im not authorizing my mac again. I'll continue with online authorization for now.
Thanks for sharing your ordeal.

visheshl

10 Dec 2020

yeah its a fuck up on reasons part. people should know that if you buy a new RE or Vst and anything goes wrong and the authorizer fucks up, ure at the mercy of reason studios. you will need to mark your computer as lost. which means you have exhausted one of your license options. IT is a big deal if you don't want to lose your license

Dabbler

11 Dec 2020

I recently upped to V11 and now each time I start Reason I have to Log In.

was not like that before.

Otherwise no issues with authorizing.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2020

Dabbler wrote:
11 Dec 2020
I recently upped to V11 and now each time I start Reason I have to Log In.

was not like that before.

Otherwise no issues with authorizing.
Checked you don’t have any trials or betas?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information