Re: Reason 10 & above, 2 BRUTAL "benchmark" songs included

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kategra

Post 02 Jan 2021

CPU Ryzen 5950X (16 cores, SMT off - similar to Intel Hyper Threading deactivated)
Overclocking => PBO boosts speed ~4.4Ghz when Reason loads the CPU

Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus PRO X570
Memory 4x8 GB Corsair 3000 MHz CL15
SSD Samsung EVO 850 (Windows10, ver. 2004)
SSD ADATA SU800 (Reason 10)
Video Asus RTX2080
Monitor LG G-Sync 144Hz

Audio Interface RME Fireface 400
sample rate 44100 Hz ,
buffer 1024 samples

Results:

Brutal #1 (original)
With Render Audio using audio card buffer size setting = OFF => plays ~ 1min 18 seconds perfect, then clicks and pops
With Render Audio using audio card buffer size setting = ON => plays the whole song no clicks and I don't notice additional GUI lag - which Is already pretty high.

Brutal #2 (see first post in this topic to download file)
First crackle @ 3min 1 second - transport bar extremely laggy

tronam

Post 05 Jan 2021

M1 MacBook Pro (8GB RAM) running Reason under Rosetta translation. Crackles start occurring at about 5 seconds. Looking at Activity Monitor it seems Rosetta only allows translated programs to use 4 of the 8 cores and this project shows Reason utilizing 15GB of RAM. Half of that must be swapped to the SSD as virtual memory since this config only has 8gb. Fun! It definitely was brought to its knees.

By contrast my 2019 8c 3.6GHz iMac from a few years ago reaches the 2min point before crackling. It's interesting because when running a Logic Pro stress test benchmark the M1 gets within 90% of the i9 9900K results. I'll be curious to see how much of a performance uplift there will be when Reason is natively optimized.

Kategra

Post 05 Jan 2021

tronam wrote:
05 Jan 2021
M1 MacBook Pro (8GB RAM) running Reason under Rosetta translation. Crackles start occurring at about 5 seconds. Looking at Activity Monitor it seems Rosetta only allows translated programs to use 4 of the 8 cores and this project shows Reason utilizing 15GB of RAM. Half of that must be swapped to the SSD as virtual memory since this config only has 8gb. Fun! It definitely was brought to its knees.

By contrast my 2019 8c 3.6GHz iMac from a few years ago reaches the 2min point before crackling. It's interesting because when running a Logic Pro stress test benchmark the M1 gets within 90% of the i9 9900K results. I'll be curious to see how much of a performance uplift there will be when Reason is natively optimized.
I presume you only tested with 1st project, right? Can you also test with Brutal#2?

• Information