Best Monitor and Keyboard for Reason

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
calebbrennan

01 Dec 2020

Reason Key Commands
I have followed Editor Keys and bought the Stickers to attach to my keyboard but while well intended and well designed
hand oils made it impractical.

I bought this tonight will give it a go.

https://www.editorskeys.com/collections ... rd-backlit.

Best Monitor for Reason

Right now I have a couple of 21" Samsung Monitors that do the trick.
(i know there is a larger discussion about improving RS dpi. Lets not go there.)

I want to focus on the best monitor for the current version of Reason

I noticed Selig had one that seemed had good resolution and was fairly large.

Thoughts?

demt

07 Mar 2021

How did the reason keyboard go,?I've just ordered one and its in the post.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

guitfnky

07 Mar 2021

I bought a ~40 inch 4K TV, a year and a half ago which was something like $260 at the time–the DPI is the same as when I was using a couple of much smaller lower resolution displays, so everything looks the same as it did before, just with WAY more working area.

if you can fit it on your desk, and get it the same distance away, a 4K display is the way to go. and as long as you don’t need it to be as fast as possible (for gaming online or something), you can save a bunch of money by going with a TV instead of a monitor. the only downside is that you’ll have to turn it on manually—something you’ll get used to quickly.

and, it’ll keep you ready for the future—when Reason is ready for 4K.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

demt

13 Mar 2021

Erm im so fast with the mouse,still when I slow down and use the keyboard I seem to speed up still mutch more usage needed but it seems good.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Jackjackdaw

13 Mar 2021

Wow, that keyboard looks great! I thought I was pretty O.T.T. with the keyboard stickers but this is next level!

I find the keyboard shortcuts invaluable when I am playing guitar and keys and recording stuff in. I've heard people moan about Reasons key commands but I find you can get about pretty well them.

EdwardKiy

13 Mar 2021

any mechanical keyboard beats any non-mechanical keyboard. Even the lowest quality cheapest chinese Cherry-mx knockoff is better than a non-mechanical keyboard. There are different types of switches to meet any demand. Best go with the original cherries of course, but they are pricier.

https://www.cherrymx.de/en/mx-original/mx-red.html

I use the basic Hator knockoff with blue switches (feels like an old typewriter, loud and clicky), but you can have it with red also and it will be a bit quieter, with less travel time. Perfect performance 2 years straight, $60 + delivery, no ghosting issues. Can customize colours and lighting strength to each key individually, if you fancy, have it very dim, black and white or no lighting/colour at all.

https://hator.gg/keyboards/rockfall

Not all knockoffs are equally good, but this one I can vouch for.

But if you're fine with paying 100 quid for a membrane keyboard... after it dies, I would strongly recommend going for a carrier with original Cherry-mx switches, it will last you a good 5 years if not a decade and it's a very fun and pleasant tactile experience.

Ras Keita

16 Mar 2021

I have 3 Samsung 32 HD monitors
I paid $149 per at Costco.

https://www.backmarket.com/tested-and-c ... gIS0fD_BwE

demt

19 Mar 2021

Nope the editerskeys reason keyboard is a completely professional addition to reasons workflow all the keys are colour grouped by sections of reason and back-lit hence usable in dark conditions .Worth the money as its usage proves.
hear scince reason 2.5

integerpoet

19 Mar 2021

I've been using a LG UltraFine 5K IPS LED for the last few months.

I hear people complain about it in odd ways but it's been working well for me.

It may be overkill for people who do not also do video work.

Ottostrom

20 Mar 2021

Been using an older version of that Editors Keys keyboard for several years now and I think it's great!
I wouldn't use nearly as many shortcuts without it and they save a lot of hassle when recording stuff, especially the numpad shortcuts. The chiclet keys on it feels great (prefer those over mechanical keys any day of the week) and even after extensive use none of them have had any issues. The only negative thing I've found is that you can't remove the keys for easier cleaning

I have an ultra wide monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio and its great for working in Reason. The extra length you get in the sequencer is super nice :)

• Information