Reason 10 and Big Sur...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
provinceofnowhere
Posts: 43
Joined: 11 Apr 2018

Post 29 Nov 2020

I noticed on the Reason Studios site that Reason 10 is not compatible with Big Sur. Reason 10 was my first entry to Reason and there was nothing in Reason 11 that was worth the upgrade price (and still not, even at Black Friday prices).

So my question is, are Reason Studios likely to make R10 compatible with Big Sur at some point, or are we forced to upgrade? Has there been a similar situation in the past?

iamthor4
Posts: 269
Joined: 17 Nov 2020

Post 29 Nov 2020

what is big sur ?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8105
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2020

provinceofnowhere wrote:
29 Nov 2020
I noticed on the Reason Studios site that Reason 10 is not compatible with Big Sur. Reason 10 was my first entry to Reason and there was nothing in Reason 11 that was worth the upgrade price (and still not, even at Black Friday prices).

So my question is, are Reason Studios likely to make R10 compatible with Big Sur at some point, or are we forced to upgrade? Has there been a similar situation in the past?
I guess the other question is, do you feel forced to upgrade to Big Sur?

I'm still on Mojave, which I only upgraded to recently from High Sierra. I still see no need for myself to upgrade to Catalina or Big Sur. Is there something else you use that requires Big Sur?

As to your question, I haven't seen any of the announcements about any version of Reason and Big Sur. Has there even been one made about Reason 11? It could be that they just haven't verified compatibility yet. But it may also mean that Reason 10 won't be updated to be compatible. It's typical for developers to not update older versions for newer OS's.


User avatar
Last Alternative
Posts: 1178
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: the lost desert

Post 29 Nov 2020

Awesome, Joey. Thanx.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 11+ | iMac (27" Retina 5K, late 2015): OS Catalina, i7 Skylake @ 4GHz, 1TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Radeon M395X | lots of nice gear

provinceofnowhere
Posts: 43
Joined: 11 Apr 2018

Post 30 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
29 Nov 2020

I guess the other question is, do you feel forced to upgrade to Big Sur?
That's not the question I'm asking though - entirely different discussion ;)
joeyluck wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Just found it: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

Yeah I don't know if they would go back to update Reason 10.
Thanks, I should have linked it.

I can't find anything on their website about if and when support for older versions cease, so I've emailed them.

DaveyG
Posts: 667
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 30 Nov 2020

They are very unlikely to update R10 to make it compatible. That's just how it is.

boomer
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Nov 2016

Post 18 Dec 2020

Well apparently user Eprom has it up and running with Big Sur on his Mac
9F596E9D-866D-4F2D-80A2-FAB542BF95B2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

provinceofnowhere
Posts: 43
Joined: 11 Apr 2018

Post 19 Dec 2020

boomer wrote:
18 Dec 2020
Well apparently user Eprom has it up and running with Big Sur on his Mac

9F596E9D-866D-4F2D-80A2-FAB542BF95B2.jpeg
Great, thanks for the update :thumbs_up:

boomer
Posts: 57
Joined: 09 Nov 2016

Post 21 Dec 2020

I have also seen some users on Reddit that say they are using 10.4 with Big Sur. Phead says it doesn't work. So what do you think is their reason?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: chaosroyale, CommonCrawl [Bot], Melody303 and 5 guests