Black Friday 2020 Sale

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2020

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2020

Any opinions on the Mode Audio sample packs? Not a big sample pack guy but thinking of picking up the Pulse percussion pack.
First go through the RS library. There must be half a dozen places where percussion and FX are hiding, all with random names and duplicates in all its glory, but just drag them into a Redrum and you have several new kits pretty quickly, or Garrett than you can download new stuff. :o
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Tiny Montgomery

26 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2020

Any opinions on the Mode Audio sample packs? Not a big sample pack guy but thinking of picking up the Pulse percussion pack.
First go through the RS library. There must be half a dozen places where percussion and FX are hiding, all with random names and duplicates in all its glory, but just drag them into a Redrum and you have several new kits pretty quickly, or Garrett than you can download new stuff. :o
You're right of course and I have the same again over on Ableton. However this year I've picked up a couple of free or very cheap sample packs with very specific focus such as Lofi or jungle and the new sounds inspired me. The Pulse percussion pack seemed to be promising a bit of character to the samples but could just be good marketing ☺️

stuk71

26 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2020

For quality percussion samples I recommend Breaktweaker, and it can be picked up from PiB for just £9 with all its expansion packs. While the VST is fun for all kinds of stutter and loops etc... what is really interesting is the wealth and quality of the samples that comes with it... it’s simply huge, and best of all if you dig into the file directory, all of the samples are there, categorised and in high quality .wav format.

I have put a link to this folder in to my Reason browser so I can delve in from time to time and audition them like any other sample in Reason... they are all high quality, fully categorised, and with BT’s name all over them.

Tiny Montgomery

26 Nov 2020

stuk71 wrote:
26 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
25 Nov 2020

For quality percussion samples I recommend Breaktweaker, and it can be picked up from PiB for just £9 with all its expansion packs. While the VST is fun for all kinds of stutter and loops etc... what is really interesting is the wealth and quality of the samples that comes with it... it’s simply huge, and best of all if you dig into the file directory, all of the samples are there, categorised and in high quality .wav format.

I have put a link to this folder in to my Reason browser so I can delve in from time to time and audition them like any other sample in Reason... they are all high quality, fully categorised, and with BT’s name all over them.
Yeah I got Breaktweaker when it was first at that silly price but used it once. Like you I thought I might just use these sounds anyway. Great idea about creating a shortcut directly to the folder, I might do the same for Komplete expansion packs too as I hardly ever check them and browsing samples with Komplete control is a bit meh.

I am going to create more favourites and shortcuts and investigate what I have instead of looking at anymore BF, thank you both!

Tiny Montgomery

26 Nov 2020

Blimey the Breaktweaker folders are HUGE!

Billy+

26 Nov 2020

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
26 Nov 2020
Blimey the Breaktweaker folders are HUGE!
Thanks for that, I'm going to feed it to XO :thumbs_up:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2020

Pick your favorite kit and use it over and over, just change one or two sounds for s new song. David Guetta used the same kick for something like 5yrs. Just saying...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Nov 2020

Finally snagged Complex-1 and had to pick up Friktion. Can't wait to dig into these guys and get some patches going. Wish there was more time in the day.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Nov 2020

rcbuse wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Finally snagged Complex-1 and had to pick up Friktion. Can't wait to dig into these guys and get some patches going. Wish there was more time in the day.
Dayum! Shit just got real!!! 😲🐼

Glad I got Friktion on this sale 😎

OverneathTheSkyBridg

28 Nov 2020

I've got so many synths, many of which I barely use. I've got all the good ones and decided that if I'm getting anything I'll be reaching for effects units from now on. I already had the Synapse bundle and this year went with the Kuassa Effektor bundle. This should serve me for quite a while. Looking forward to upgrading Reason if it gets a good graphics overhaul.

bangaio

28 Nov 2020

Well, I have just jumped on upgrading to suite for £120 - what a great deal I can't wait to start having a play.

madmacman

28 Nov 2020

btw, Selig didn’t join BF this year? I thought I could complete my RE collection this time.

miscend

28 Nov 2020

There still isn't an upgrade path from 11 Standard to Suite? That's some missed sales.

bangaio

28 Nov 2020

I have just bought the upgrade from 11
standard to suit. It was in the prop shop (old habits) for £160 and I bought it from audiodeluxe for £120.

VariableX

29 Nov 2020

cheapest upgrade - miss a whole version, get that version for free when the next version comes out 🤭😉

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
29 Nov 2020
cheapest upgrade - miss a whole version, get that version for free when the next version comes out 🤭😉
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2020

I picked up Rob Papen's Go2 after demoing it. I didn't need another synth or that's what I thought. I rarely see this one talked about. Glad I gave it a shot because I'm really liking the GUI and ease of use.

miscend

29 Nov 2020

bangaio wrote:
28 Nov 2020
I have just bought the upgrade from 11
standard to suit. It was in the prop shop (old habits) for £160 and I bought it from audiodeluxe for £120.
That one's an upgrade from any version of Reason, it works even with R5.

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2020

I'm very satisfied with the freebies this year. Slate's Fresh Air and CLA's Ecosphere are great and I'll use them. Cherry Audio MG-1 is nice. Simple Samples' Prayer Piano is great. I made one somewhat huge purchase, and that was the TC Finalizer app which I have been watching and waiting to buy once it went on sale. I also jumped on Kirk Hunter's Virtuoso Ensembles and Amethyst from Acustica. I didn't buy any synths or rack extensions. Still looking forward to the CLA thing on Monday, and that's the last thing I'll get.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Mistro17

29 Nov 2020

I think I'm done shopping for music stuff this year (I hope). In the past week I got an M-Audio 88 MK3 keyboard so now I have 2 keyboards (the other is an Akai MPK249), Sessions Guitarist Picked Acoustic from NI for 50% off, VITAL for $20. At that point I was supposed to be done but I had a little debate with myself and decided it's better to pay $69 for Friktion than $99 so that's done. And I topped it off with Fresh Air for free. :D

dvdrtldg

29 Nov 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Is that a thing? I never even realised. Definitely going to be adopting this strategy, I'm still on 10 and totally happy with it

I picked up Evolution, Kompulsion and ChordLine. Looking forward to disappearing down some nice generative music rabbit holes

VariableX

29 Nov 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Nov 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Is that a thing? I never even realised. Definitely going to be adopting this strategy, I'm still on 10 and totally happy with it

I picked up Evolution, Kompulsion and ChordLine. Looking forward to disappearing down some nice generative music rabbit holes
Its a thing! and you can make it even better by missing 2 or 3 etc...

Faastwalker

01 Dec 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Hanging for R12. Been this long without R11. Don't need it now. Skipped :cool:

visheshl

01 Dec 2020

i picked up kompulsion today, it was highly discounted...i had no idea that black friday sale was going on

estuary

01 Dec 2020

Such bad timing for me
I tried Jiggery-Pokery Sound Steerpike BBD Delay Ensemble, because it was on sale.
After one hour I found that it was awesome Rack EX... decided to buy it, go to the page ... sale has ended :puf_unhappy:

• Information