The keep track of your BF2020 purchases thread.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aeox
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2020

hamsterfactor wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Joined this forum and wound up purchasing the Reason Suite 11 Upgrade. :lol:
Welcome :D

GRB

27 Nov 2020

Typea_music wrote:
23 Nov 2020
upgraded from standard to Suite
upgraded my FL studio to ""all plugins bundle""
Spec Ops by Unfiltered Audio with the $30 only coupon they had not too long ago

also totally recommend getting "Shade" by UVI i got it when it was first introduced and it has become my goto filter+eq for almost everything
I saw the offer on FL Studio, is there any way to use native FL Studio plugins in Reason with the FL Studio VST? Did you tried?
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2020

GRB wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Typea_music wrote:
23 Nov 2020
upgraded from standard to Suite
upgraded my FL studio to ""all plugins bundle""
Spec Ops by Unfiltered Audio with the $30 only coupon they had not too long ago

also totally recommend getting "Shade" by UVI i got it when it was first introduced and it has become my goto filter+eq for almost everything
I saw the offer on FL Studio, is there any way to use native FL Studio plugins in Reason with the FL Studio VST? Did you tried?
Yes. But download a demo and try, it is not exactly a good workflow.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

VIVIsect

28 Nov 2020

The one and only thing I bought this year was Playbeat 2 from Audiomodern. Just a simple drum sequencer with some neat randomization features. Liking it a lot. It's going to replace most of my other drum sequencers, I think.

Came dangerously close to pulling the trigger on Audio Damage's Quanta, but I already have too many granular plugins.

antic604

28 Nov 2020

EnochLight wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Looks like Friktion is 30% off, which - while not that coveted 50% off you wanted - is still actually pretty decent. Going to bite?
I'm scared to try it :lol:

Yesterday I took XO and Drumcomputer for a spin and I didn't like neither despite glowing reviews and cool videos, so I'm not getting them. People like Venus Theory or Sean Murray somehow can show Friktion as this next-level, ethereal, nuanced and realistic or otherwordly creative instrument. But I'm sure it will open for me with a init preset of a sawtooth with a LP 12db/octave ladder filter and will sound bland, boring and plain when I use it ;) :D

So, perhaps I'll hold of with getting Friktion until 11.x / 12 is out with high-res stuff. I don't really need it :roll:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604

28 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
28 Nov 2020
download a demo and try, it is not exactly a good workflow.
That should be FL's motto ;)
Music tech enthusiast.

Chi-Individual

28 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
28 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
28 Nov 2020
This literally made me :lol:

EnochLight

28 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
28 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
28 Nov 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

hfw

30 Nov 2020

Hello,

New to the forum, it’s a great place.

As I’m up to date with suite 11 and have many REs from over the years I went with a Bitwig upgrade plan. $108 from JRR, £84. Great value, jumped from 3.1 to 3.3 which for me has lots of new features, devices and native content. Really happy and looking forward to the next year of development by the BW team 😀

iamthor4

30 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
28 Nov 2020
EnochLight wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Looks like Friktion is 30% off, which - while not that coveted 50% off you wanted - is still actually pretty decent. Going to bite?
I'm scared to try it :lol:

Yesterday I took XO and Drumcomputer for a spin and I didn't like neither despite glowing reviews and cool videos, so I'm not getting them. People like Venus Theory or Sean Murray somehow can show Friktion as this next-level, ethereal, nuanced and realistic or otherwordly creative instrument. But I'm sure it will open for me with a init preset of a sawtooth with a LP 12db/octave ladder filter and will sound bland, boring and plain when I use it ;) :D

So, perhaps I'll hold of with getting Friktion until 11.x / 12 is out with high-res stuff. I don't really need it :roll:
same thing with me looked good in those videos tried it sounded like a fart
uninstalled it 😂

Dante

30 Nov 2020

NOTHING ! Does Zebra VST ever go on sale ??

Tiny Montgomery

01 Dec 2020

antic604 wrote:
28 Nov 2020

People like Venus Theory or Sean Murray somehow can show Friktion as this next-level, ethereal, nuanced and realistic or otherwordly creative instrument. But I'm sure it will open for me with a init preset of a sawtooth with a LP 12db/octave ladder filter and will sound bland, boring and plain when I use it ;) :D

Exactly my thoughts when it came down to it. Of course it will sound amazing when Jordan Rudees shreds a Friktion patch or whatever, fairplay to RS for the marketing though.

antic604

01 Dec 2020

Dante wrote:
30 Nov 2020
NOTHING ! Does Zebra VST ever go on sale ??
Very rarely, usually in cooperation with some other developer like Bitwig or NI. I think if you get Zebra2 now, v3 upgrade will be free? Otherwise look for 2nd hand copy.
Music tech enthusiast.

miscend

01 Dec 2020

BF/November list including freebies
Surreal Machine Modnetic and Diffuse
Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven
Creativelive music classes
Newfangled Audio Elevate Bundle
Tha Loops bundle
Voosteq Material Comp
PB Scaler 2
Mosaic Beats Chord Prism
Slate Fresh Air freebie
Embertone Ivory Wind FREEBIE
Simple Samples Prayer Piano freebie
Waves Echosphere freebie
2B Played 2B clipped Freebie
Piano book king Piano freebie
Samples from Mars Synare from Mars freebie
Sonixinema Medicine Man freebie
Engineering Samples Freebies
Wavelet Audio Trailer Ambeient Tools freebie
Mastering the Mix Animate Freebie
D16 Drumazon freebie
T-RackS 5 EQual freebie
Waves DBX freebie
Last edited by miscend on 01 Dec 2020, edited 2 times in total.

antic604

01 Dec 2020

Perfect, round zero thus far.
I'm weirdly proud of myself :)
Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

01 Dec 2020

hfw wrote:
30 Nov 2020
As I’m up to date with suite 11 and have many REs from over the years I went with a Bitwig upgrade plan. $108 from JRR, £84. Great value, jumped from 3.1 to 3.3 which for me has lots of new features, devices and native content. Really happy and looking forward to the next year of development by the BW team 😀
Nice! Are you on Bitwig's KvR subforum? Reddit? Discord?
Music tech enthusiast.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2020

I was more careful this BF. From the store I got:

Sequences - Nice way for composing, it reminds me of the days of Roland Composers and so on. I've been a bit on a “creative” hiatus, so everything that can help me be more creative will help! It might be a bit redundant because I had stuff that did similar stuff but Sequences seems to take complexity of the process.

Delta - I tried it sometime ago. I thought it was a wonderful device, and coming from an IT with digital systems background in my college degree, the thing is quite fun. But TBH, I think it's a helpful tool for people who prefer to work with generative music. Bought it more because of the opportunity.

Out of reason:
I do some orchestra stuff, and I already have a bunch or orchestral stuff, but they are very dated. So legatos and glissando in the packs I had were not very natural. I was eying BBC SO Core for some time, but 450 EUR was a bit too much for just a hobby. However, it got down for 270 and I had the discount from Discovery, got it for 230 I think. I was thinking about getting the studio strings too but enough is enough.

I also bought a mattress, a bunch of home thermometers and smart home stuff. It matters too right???? :)

antic604

02 Dec 2020

mcatalao wrote:
02 Dec 2020
I also bought a mattress, a bunch of home thermometers and smart home stuff. It matters too right???? :)
Mattresses matter, no doubt!
Music tech enthusiast.

motuscott

02 Dec 2020

OK, Mr High and Mighty here broke down and got Chenille.
$19. I ❤️ the Poke.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2020

I got so many emails BF was ending, then I got so many emails that BF was extended.
Now I'm waiting for the Holiday's sale, lol...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

hfw

08 Dec 2020

antic604 wrote:
01 Dec 2020
hfw wrote:
30 Nov 2020
Nice! Are you on Bitwig's KvR subforum? Reddit? Discord?
Not yet but will sign up today at some point 😀👍 Really enjoying the update. Polymer is brilliant. More and more, with the modulators capabilities I am enjoying mixing and mastering experiments too.

All the best!

• Information