So when is the high-DPI / GUI scaling update coming?!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Creativemind

21 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Creativemind wrote:
20 Nov 2020

2021, didn't see that anywhere in that article?
:lol: you didn't see the 2021 date anywhere? :lol: check again ;)
Nope, still nothing.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

RoryM0

21 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
21 Nov 2020
Billy wrote:
20 Nov 2020

:lol: you didn't see the 2021 date anywhere? :lol: check again ;)
Nope, still nothing.
It's not in the article it's in the actual download itself. The previews are in a folder called coming 2021 or something similar.

Billy+

21 Nov 2020

Check the picture in my original post

viewtopic.php?p=525703#p525703

:lol:

Creativemind

22 Nov 2020

RoryM0 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
Creativemind wrote:
21 Nov 2020

Nope, still nothing.
It's not in the article it's in the actual download itself. The previews are in a folder called coming 2021 or something similar.
Yes I heard someone mention that on FB the other day. I don't think 2021 means anything but it is likely to be 2021 but still possibly be this year. We have 5 weeks left.

EnochLight

22 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
22 Nov 2020
but still possibly be this year. We have 5 weeks left.
:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

WasteLand

23 Nov 2020

but still this answers isn't answered yet; will scaling come to reason 11 or will it be a reason 12 "feature"...
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

RoryM0

23 Nov 2020

I don't think 2021 means anything but it is likely to be 2021 but still possibly be this year. We have 5 weeks left.
Massive doubt on that one bossman. I think if the product manager puts hi res in a folder named 2021 then it probably indicates that hi res is coming in 2021.

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2020

So we know about the higher resolution devices coming - which is quite exciting.

But what I would like to know is will such an update have any affect on the animations in the rack?
Specifically rack extensions such as Umpf and spectral eq's - which I find to be at best quite choppy - especially when you have a few tracks playing.
As well as the posistion/playback indicators and animiations on players such as Drum Sequencer, Sequencers and Polystep - which also quite chopyy.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

antic604

24 Nov 2020

deeplink wrote:
24 Nov 2020
So we know about the higher resolution devices coming - which is quite exciting.

But what I would like to know is will such an update have any affect on the animations in the rack?
Specifically rack extensions such as Umpf and spectral eq's - which I find to be at best quite choppy - especially when you have a few tracks playing.
As well as the posistion/playback indicators and animiations on players such as Drum Sequencer, Sequencers and Polystep - which also quite chopyy.
Obviously that's not a given but seeing how currently drawing of the GUI is performed by CPU, then it stands to reason that it's allocated quite a small performance budget to do that to not eat away too much performance from audio engine. Hence the choppiness that gets greater as project grows and GUI gets less & less priority.

We've been told literally that new GUI will not only be high-res, but also GPU accelerated, which means a) more performance will be allocated to its drawing, e.g. animations, dynamic displays, b) it should not depend that much anymore on project size, as audio engine and GUI will now be using separate, to certain extent independent resources.

I'm betting for a pin-sharp, resizeable, 60fps+ Reason v12 :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Creativemind

24 Nov 2020

RoryM0 wrote:
23 Nov 2020

I don't think 2021 means anything but it is likely to be 2021 but still possibly be this year. We have 5 weeks left.
Massive doubt on that one bossman. I think if the product manager puts hi res in a folder named 2021 then it probably indicates that hi res is coming in 2021.
True.

And yes, I do look like the Big Boss Man. :lol:
Attachments
Bossman.PNG
Bossman.PNG (173.42 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

antic604

02 Jan 2021

Ok, so a non-insignificant portion of 2021 is already behind us, so where's that promised high-res update? ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jam-s

03 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
02 Jan 2021
Ok, so a non-insignificant portion of 2021 is already behind us, so where's that promised high-res update? ;) :D
The year just started, so there's still some time before 2022. (I really hope/expect they'll get it out in Q2 or Q3 this year, but it might also take them till Q4. I doubt that we will see the update in Q1.)

jwd606

03 Jan 2021

I tried to use Matrix in a RRP yesterday. It was so small, had to basically stick my face to the screen to see what the note was, gave up.

kodnin

03 Jan 2021

Personally I’m not so much interested as to when it comes out, but more as to how. To me it doesn’t feel like a feature and something that should be paid for, but more like a bug fix. I assume that to a large portion of Reason users the product looks and feels suboptimal, and it does so for quite some time already. Of course I’m very much looking forward to a prettier and user friendlier Reason and I trust Reason Studios takes this into consideration.

EnochLight

03 Jan 2021

kodnin wrote:
03 Jan 2021
Personally I’m not so much interested as to when it comes out, but more as to how. To me it doesn’t feel like a feature and something that should be paid for, but more like a bug fix. I assume that to a large portion of Reason users the product looks and feels suboptimal, and it does so for quite some time already. Of course I’m very much looking forward to a prettier and user friendlier Reason and I trust Reason Studios takes this into consideration.
When PreSonus Studio One had a major graphical overall, it was a major version change that was a paid update (version 3 brought a redesigned user interface). I guess Reason Studios could go either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fieldframe
RE Developer

03 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
03 Jan 2021
kodnin wrote:
03 Jan 2021
When PreSonus Studio One had a major graphical overall, it was a major version change that was a paid update (version 3 brought a redesigned user interface). I guess Reason Studios could go either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The reason why I'm about 95% sure hiDPI will be a point update rather than a Reason 12 feature is this: Reason Studios has only ever pre-announced something they're currently working on for point updates. The closest precedent to this is the audio engine rewrite in Reason 10.3, which was announced months in advance.

On the other side, RS has never pre-announced a feature that went into a major version upgrade, so it would be a big change if they had announced a Reason 12 feature over a year before they announce Reason 12.

EnochLight

03 Jan 2021

fieldframe wrote:
03 Jan 2021
EnochLight wrote:
03 Jan 2021

The reason why I'm about 95% sure hiDPI will be a point update rather than a Reason 12 feature is this: Reason Studios has only ever pre-announced something they're currently working on for point updates. The closest precedent to this is the audio engine rewrite in Reason 10.3, which was announced months in advance.

On the other side, RS has never pre-announced a feature that went into a major version upgrade, so it would be a big change if they had announced a Reason 12 feature over a year before they announce Reason 12.
;)

• Information