Back On Reason And Using The Inspector Much More Now Than Previous

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ctreitzell

22 Oct 2020

Yeah, I've always had zoom issue with Reason since the Arrange/ Edit views were added

also placing clips accurately has been a challenge in the past; the Inspector really is yer friend in Reason; just gotta learn it

The Arrange Page ...uh, oh...it's called Song View now :roll:
(I'm still on Reason 10.2)
uh, anyway, zoom, tho...especially when navigating and editing audio boundaries is just as annoying as when I was last working in Reason daily
you have to be so precise as to where your pointer is or zoom in and out will have the clip running away from you
so its
Q....cntrl+shift+wheel in...(ensue snap status; so S or not to S)...lftClkDrag...cntrl+shift+wheel out....U to recenter

rinse and repeat....it can be cumbersome, man! Is there any difference in 11 with that

now, editing multiple lanes is worth the price of admission....I just can stomach the thought of a week downloading a new version with my 1Mbps internet speed
I'm a rack guy guitar player
Reason 1, 2.5, 4, 8, 10
SawStudio
i7 8700K 64GB RAM
RME UFX+
Adam A7X

PhillipOrdonez

22 Oct 2020

If your clip is small, hitting X whilst selected (or was it z?) Either way, one of those will zoom right in and make things much easier, try it out!

ctreitzell

23 Oct 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Oct 2020
If your clip is small, hitting X whilst selected (or was it z?) Either way, one of those will zoom right in and make things much easier, try it out!
right, OK...thanks for that Exactly what I needed! it keyboard shortcut is "z" btw :-)

ctreitzell

23 Oct 2020

oh my, I is the stoopid one
I use wrong username...think my acct was deleted...nope...acct still there, sorry to anyone I complained to
I'm a rack guy guitar player
Reason 1, 2.5, 4, 8, 10
SawStudio
i7 8700K 64GB RAM
RME UFX+
Adam A7X

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2020

One way to deal with editing audio boundaries is to select the clip you're editing, hit Command/L to set the loop point to the start and end of the clip, then zoom in and use the "1" and "2" key on the keypad (worth getting one if your keyboard doesn't have one) to jump to the beginning/end of the clip. This works on a group of clips too, and is especially useful when using Blocks to mark song sections. You can click on a block and hit Command/L and then jump between the start and end point of the song section.
Combined with the Z key "Zoom to Selection", this approach has come the closest to the way I would edit audio in Pro Tools, but still not quite there yet IMO…
Selig Audio, LLC

syncanonymous

23 Oct 2020

selig wrote:
23 Oct 2020
One way to deal with editing audio boundaries is to select the clip you're editing, hit Command/L to set the loop point to the start and end of the clip, then zoom in and use the "1" and "2" key on the keypad (worth getting one if your keyboard doesn't have one) to jump to the beginning/end of the clip. This works on a group of clips too, and is especially useful when using Blocks to mark song sections. You can click on a block and hit Command/L and then jump between the start and end point of the song section.
Combined with the Z key "Zoom to Selection", this approach has come the closest to the way I would edit audio in Pro Tools, but still not quite there yet IMO…
Hi Selig,
thanks again as always :-)
I think I spent a bit too much time in SAW and, therefore, getting back into Reason, getting used to key commands are on the opposite sides of the qwerty keyboard;
Like, I never used to use right/ left/ up/ down arrows in Reason before (now)
In SAW navigating to region boundaries is based around the "tab" key- so left hand....where with Reason it is right hand

• Information