For anyone getting "internet connection" errors when booting after a fresh install

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tomiy

20 Oct 2020

Hello all,

I don't know if this will help anybody, but I've been struggling to find a solution to this problem for a bit.
I haven't been making music for a couple years but i wanted to come back to it, so i decided to reinstall Reason on my new computer, and i was greeted by various "internet connection" errors, over and over. Authorizer was also having these errors.
The weird thing is, my old laptop was still logging me in just fine; it turns out, Windows 1709 and onward don't have smbv1 installed by default, which is a protocol for file sharing used by Reason to download packs, and i assume checks for licenses too. You can manually re-enable smbv1 through the control panel, although it's a security risk, but it worked for me :)
Here is a simple guide to turn it on and off: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-acce ... windows-10

If any Reason dev sees this: please look into using smbv2 instead. I can't be the only one having this issue, and it's a major turn off for non tech savvy people to not be able to use the software you just bought.

Cheers!

• Information