Freeze Reverb question.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

ljekio wrote:
20 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
19 Oct 2020
Polar didn’t do it for me.
So why? Polar can freeze well.
Latency
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

20 Oct 2020

Latency of... A delay buffer?

chaosroyale

20 Oct 2020

yes, anything that goes into channel one on that mini mixer will be effected. if you use the "to device" method, and save it like that as a combi patch, that makes it an "FX combinator" for auto-routing purposes and yeah then it should work directly on audio tracks. as set up, there's only 1 line in to the reverb send, so if you can hear it working, then it is working!
MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
19 Oct 2020
If anyone wants a really simple CPU-lite freezeverb, here is one I made in like 2 minutes.
Uses an RV7000mkii, should work on Reason 8 and up.
I used Subtractor as a placeholder instrument, replace it with anything you like.

The button and knob are freezing the reverb decay, so when playing/automating you will get the most dramatic results by freezing just after notes, when the reverb is loudest. The "soft freeze" allows some input to bleed into the frozen verb so it will gradually change timbre. The "hard freeze" does not.
Just got around to trying your combi. It's great :). Just to be sure I'm using it right though...I create an audio track. Add the combi. Delete the subtractor. Then take the Insert FX out from the audio track and into the Audio Ins on the Line Mixer. Does that sound right?

Or...delete the subtractor. Direct out from the audio track into the combi input and then the "to devices" on the combi into the line mixer?

Edit: Actually...delete the subtractor. "To devices" on the combi into the line mixer. And that's it. That way I can just drag the combinator onto an audio track and everything connects the way it should. Right?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2020

EdGrip wrote:
20 Oct 2020
Latency of... A delay buffer?
I mucked about with the reverb going through Polar and then freezing. Changed the speed on Polar Slow fast etc but the sound coming out when I pressed freeze was really not at all what I was hoping for. As said though, chaosroyale’s combi holds the reverb nicely and Raum does the freeze thing the way I want it so all good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information