Rack Extension TRIALS do not show up (on a Mac)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AnotherMathias

30 Sep 2020

Hello all,

Sorry that my first post on this forum is such a boring, tech-support-y kind of question. I've had a help ticket with Reason Studios for a few months, and a few replies, but well, you know...

I've been an on and off Reason user since V1, and a few months ago I sprung for upgrading to Reason 11 Suite. I also set up a dedicated computer for it, an old but still sprightly Macbook Pro 15 with an SSD drive and Mojave OS.
The system has been working great, with the exception of one peculiar problem: Any downloaded rack extension will NOT show up in the software. Here are some (hopefully) helpful things to know:

- Reason DOES ask me to log in with my password when attempting to run a trial, so it seems that the software "knows" that a RE trial is present. But there are no signs of it in the menus.
- If I purchase the same RE, even if it's free, it now DOES show up!
- On a different computer (this one runs Catalina), using the same account, RE trials work normally.
- I think I've done all the obvious things, like Sync All, restart, re-downloaded the REs, etc, but perhaps I missed something?

Does this sound familiar to any Mac users? I'd love to audition some new REs - my other computer (where trials work) is my work computer, with no MIDI keyboard or speakers, so that's clearly not ideal.
Thanks, and hopefully I can post something more entertaining next time.

Mathias

• Information