ReCycle 3.0 - It's time for an update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sitejax

29 Sep 2020

I don't remember how long ReCycle has been on version 2.2 but if it was to update to compete with Serato, would you use it?

Marc64

29 Sep 2020

It's like using either DrOctorex or Kong with the rex player.

All Recycle features would be nice to have integrated into reason though.

Skimrok

29 Sep 2020

they have enough on there plate with Reason update features let alone stuff they did decades back :lol:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

motuscott

29 Sep 2020

This old tire fire?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

jlgrimes

29 Sep 2020

I would like better integration.

Ableton has pretty decent chopping/warping (although I haven't used Reason chop feature in a while, I found it a bit more cumbersome than Ableton). I like how Ableton has nice sample editors in pretty much all of their samplers.

Reason just started doing this with Grain and UUmpf.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2020

Like others have said.
Recycle was cool and innovative some 15yrs ago. The competition has moved past RS with better warping algorithms, DAW integration, and sample track.

Like often, no point in reviving something that provides obsolete work flows, they need to catch up in this department as well.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

sitejax

30 Sep 2020

While I agree that they have enough going on, I notice that the keep introducing new products to sale. If they update recycle and make it vst2 and vst3 they could sale that as well. It seems easier to update this than keep making new products.

Marco Raaphorst

30 Sep 2020

Compared to Ableton Live's algorithms RX2-loops are better imo for rhythmic loops.

Would be cool though if RS would design a new loop device, able to read RX2 but also allows you to time-stretch and export wav files in all sorts of ways. Dr.Octo Loop.

Auryn

30 Sep 2020

sitejax wrote:
29 Sep 2020
I don't remember how long ReCycle has been on version 2.2 but if it was to update to compete with Serato, would you use it?

Although I agree they should update recycle and octorex, I don't see a ton of stuff you can't do with octorex in this video TBH?

Out of all the really old legacy devices, octorex is certainly the one I still get the most mileage out of.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

chimp_spanner

30 Sep 2020

All I really want is a hitpoint detection threshold control and some kind of auto-slicing feature in Reason. No need to have this in a separate program IMO.

chaosroyale

30 Sep 2020

Why is Recycle even a thing. Dr. Rex (*and the Reason audio tracks) should have a slider that allows you to non-destructively re-calculate the split points of any sample.

...And the time they needed that feature was 10 years ago.

RS could easily have updated Dr Rex like that. Maybe they thought they could make more money by letting Recycle drag on for a few more years, but it has been a zombie for nearly a decade now.

sQeetz

06 Oct 2020

It would already be nice if you could assign different keyboard regions for each individual slot in Dr. Octorex.
Automating the 'note to slot' knob in order to be able to access different slots is really cumbersome.

jaeproduced

06 Oct 2020

Recycle is heading towards VHS dead technology days if a update doesn't come soon, I'm using serato sample and it's literally kicking recycle butt in that department IMO...

kuhliloach

07 Oct 2020

ReCycle's existence never made any sense. The relevant features should be in Reason, not some other app.

miscend

08 Oct 2020

I also think the sample slicing features should be integrated into Reason. As for Recycle, I would make it into a general purpose audio editor with album mastering features and integration with streaming services, that would be excellent value for the current 90 bucks RRP.

• Information