Need help!! Computer soundcard issues!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Goriila Texas

26 Sep 2020

I woke up this morning and turn on YouTube with no issues with audio then I ran Norton cleaner to remove all internet files and dumps. All of a sudden I lose audio from the internet and as you can see from the pictures below I disable all other soundcards but my RME doesn't show up as a system audio device. The last time I tried to select my RME the slots for which inputs in Windows was flickering on and off. Now my RME doesn't show up as a system soundcard but does show up in sound devices. :?:
I'm confused because all of my DAWs work and my RME works and shows up as expected with no sound issues. If anyone can help me figure this out I appreciate it.

New Animate ActionScript File.png
New Animate ActionScript File.png (97.54 KiB) Viewed 847 times

1reasonable

27 Sep 2020

I would say don’t try to unravel what happened, just go back to your most recent Windows System Restore. I gave up on Windows and Norton some years ago, and I am speaking from long past experience and I guess little has changed. I do hope you have a recent restore point that works, or a backup you can use, otherwise you could be spending many angst-ridden hours, days, even weeks trying to put it right.
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Goriila Texas

27 Sep 2020

1reasonable wrote:
27 Sep 2020
I would say don’t try to unravel what happened, just go back to your most recent Windows System Restore. I gave up on Windows and Norton some years ago, and I am speaking from long past experience and I guess little has changed. I do hope you have a recent restore point that works, or a backup you can use, otherwise you could be spending many angst-ridden hours, days, even weeks trying to put it right.

Hmmm I would go back but this is a new computer and I just finished moving and loading all of my plugins so I would hate to activate those again. I think my interface is slowing down my computer because it's usb 3.0 hooked to 3.1 which is thunderbolt 1 5 Gbps transfer speed from what I read. Norton will stop anything from lagging performance of the cpu's so I'm just going to deal with it like this. Or it could be Alienware which has it's own audio setting for games which uses the headphone and other hardware outs on the computer. The audio from the headphone jack is gaming quality about as good as my old Focusrite 2i4. I use the headphone jack on my computer for YouTube now. Ima miss using my ARK remote with my RME to turn volume up though!

Thanks for the help though.

miyaru

27 Sep 2020

I gave up on Norton very long ago, and basically with all commercial antivirus software. I only use Windows Defender. All this kind of software digs deeper into system setting then you wish or dream.

Most of the time when I buy a new PC, I format the hard drive and make a clean install without all this BS software that comes with a new PC. Even more often I build my own systems, and so I do not have this problem you describe.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Goriila Texas

27 Sep 2020

miyaru wrote:
27 Sep 2020
I gave up on Norton very long ago, and basically with all commercial antivirus software. I only use Windows Defender. All this kind of software digs deeper into system setting then you wish or dream.

Most of the time when I buy a new PC, I format the hard drive and make a clean install without all this BS software that comes with a new PC. Even more often I build my own systems, and so I do not have this problem you describe.
:thumbs_up:

Goriila Texas

02 Oct 2020

My RME works as the main sound card for my computer again I reset usb connections in bios,updated drivers,disable Windows from disabling usb connection to save processing. Don't know what worked because I went to sleep frustrated only to login today and everything works. :mrgreen:

moneykube

02 Oct 2020

evil gremlins messing with you... it happens :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Goriila Texas

02 Oct 2020

:lol:
moneykube wrote:
02 Oct 2020
evil gremlins messing with you... it happens :lol:

lrey

03 Oct 2020

Goriila Texas wrote:
26 Sep 2020
I woke up this morning and turn on YouTube with no issues with audio then I ran Norton cleaner to remove all internet files and dumps. All of a sudden I lose audio from the internet and as you can see from the pictures below I disable all other soundcards but my RME doesn't show up as a system audio device. The last time I tried to select my RME the slots for which inputs in Windows was flickering on and off. Now my RME doesn't show up as a system soundcard but does show up in sound devices. :?:
I'm confused because all of my DAWs work and my RME works and shows up as expected with no sound issues. If anyone can help me figure this out I appreciate it.

New Animate ActionScript File.png
I had this problem recently. A simple re-installation of the software drivers did the trick for me.

doze

03 Oct 2020

All you need is defender, get rid of Norton for sure. And reinstall drivers. Admin command prompt sfc /scannow to make sure all your system files are in check.

• Information