Playback is pitched higher problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2020

Hi RT

I have a strange problem.

Context: I am on Windows 10, and have a MOTU M2 soundcard. When I open Reason, the sample rate and buffer size on both Reason and my Motu's sound card are exactly the same. (I actually cant set the buffer size in Reason, only in the Motu's control panel)

Problem: When I play back something, its noticeably pitched higher. Like it is playing faster.

Fix: Change the buffer size in Reason. (Audio drops out). Change the buffer size back to the original. Select another the soundcard (audio comes back, but on onboard sound speakers). Change the soundcard back to the MOTU M2 soundcard. Then it sounds as expected.

What is going on here?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Billy+

24 Sep 2020

Check your drivers for soundcard

deeplink
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2020

Billy wrote:
24 Sep 2020
Check your drivers for soundcard
Is there a way to check or test of your soundcard is running and working as expected?

I must admit, with a new laptop and new soundcard I've been quite underwhelmed with the Performance of my system
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Billy+

24 Sep 2020

You mean like a benchmark test? Not sure, off the top of my head I think there was some kinda performance project file bouncing around somewhere possible in this forum, but I wouldn't know exactly weather it's of any use other than to push everything to its limits.

Just stick with the basics, make sure your updates are installed, and they haven't introduced any different issues.

If you find any issues with the latest then try going back one revision to see if that works better, etc.

As for the performance of a new system I think you're always going to get that. Buying the latest CPU & GPU is never an actual solution, just enjoy that fact that you have a new toy.

sonicbyte

24 Sep 2020

Try disabling any other onboard soundcard, you may have hardware conflicts

• Information