Reason + Loopcloud = Audio dropouts & glitches

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Muttonheads

21 Sep 2020

Hello !

I recently installed Loopcloud, and I am having sound problems. As soon as I sync Loopcloud with Reason, I get audio glitches and dropouts. After doing my little investigation and trying a whole bunch of tests (bios, drivers, windows updates, power plans, dpc latency, ...).

I found two temporary solutions:

- Disable "Use multi-core audio rendering", that solves the dropout problem but at the cost of a big loss of performance, my big projects no longer run if I deactivate the multicore mode.

- Change the affinity of the CPU with Reason (Task Manager> Set Affinity), if I deactivate the CPU0 (see below), I no longer have a dropout problem, and the performance remains good.

I use Loopcloup with Live and FL Studio without any sound problem. I only have this bug with Reason, so I conclude that there is a problem with the way multicore is handled in Reason.

Have other people encountered this kind of problem? Any fix?

Reason_Affinity.png
Reason_Affinity.png (40.19 KiB) Viewed 492 times

rgdaniel

21 Sep 2020

I have "Use Hyperthreading" UN-checked, and "Use multi-core" the other audio card one CHECKED. No affinity boxes un-checked, in fact that's the first time I've seen that setting in Task Manager. No issues with Loopcloud on my modest but decent 4 core i7-4770 PC.

Loque

21 Sep 2020

Did you set your computer power saving settings to "highest performance"?
Reason12, Win10

Muttonheads

24 Sep 2020

Yes, my power saving settings is set to "highest performance", also 'Use Hyperthreading' is unchecked (bad performance with my configuration).
There something wrong with my CPU0 core, something conflicts with Reason, yet I haven't found anything, I don't have DPC latency.

When I have audio drops, my mouse and screen freeze for a few milliseconds, maybe a conflict with the graphics card ? But by disabling it the problem persists. And like I said no pb with other DAWs, it's specific to Reason's multicore engine.

Loque

24 Sep 2020

A freezing mouse is suspicious...I speculate there is something other going on with your hardware or drivers, but no idea what...
Reason12, Win10

• Information